Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't realise you were staying over Jen, I'm a little gutted actually that you aren't staying with us though - Please tell me you are coming over the for the nibbles in mine & Kals family room while everyone (bar me) gets ready for a night out?

I second this Jen, you really must I keep having visions of having such a shindig in our family room that we never leave it to go out anywhere

I would quite happily join in the family room shenanigans! :D
Someone just tell me where I have to be and when, and I'll appear!

As for the "Romantic snowy weekend in".... I can't decide how piffed off I am. On a scale of slightly miffed to infuriatingly narked, I really don't know where I sit.

Since I took so much time off work this week, on Wednesday to pick him up from the airport and with the snow yesterday, I was meant to go in today to make up my hours. Til someone said "but I've been away for aaaaaages, do you have to go to work, it's a saturday, we always spend saturday together"... So not needing much persuasion to stay in bed, I text my boss and said a slight white lie that the roads were too bad and I wouldn't make it in today.

But...

Then after lunch, say, 1pm? He goes and gets his coat on and said he has to go. J = Go where?
BB = To Stonehaven [which is about an hour away in good conditions]
J = Why?
BB = To pick up something for mum.
J = Oh ok.
BB = And then I'll drop it off at my Mum's and I'm gonna stay for tea.
J = Oh.
BB = S'pose you can come if you like but Mum's booked somewhere so I'll have to tell her.
[Last time they did this and I turned up, Mum was less than impressed that an extra person was there and made it well known...]
J = Yeah maybe, let me go and see what clothes I packed [I really want to get on with these people, I want to see them more often and feel welcome damn it... I'm completely not at the stage yet where I can see his family in scruffy jeans and a hoody!]

And while I was in the bedroom looking through my bag for something vaguely better than a well-worn cardi from Tescos sale...

BB = I did tell you my sister is up with future-brother-in-law and this is a family thing, didn't I..?

Great. Wonderful. Fantastic. "this is a family thing and you weren't invited". That's what it says to me!!!!

So I said I didn't really have anything to wear and that I'd stay here.

And there is no milk, so I had to drive to get some... Roads not too bad, some tw@t doing 12 mph all the way to the dual carriageway... rather annoying... When I got to the shop, I got ID'd for the bottle of cider I wanted. No ID on me, it's in the car and it's too cold to fanny about going across that carpark... So I'll drink his Morgans instead.

I can't even watch X Factor, cos he'll get back halfway through and want me to rewind it.

I'm pee'd off!!!

I think I want a JML Magic Scarf. £15 though, I'm mean :p

I have a concoction of turkey steak with tomato and mozzarella filling, wrapped in prosciutto and baked, then served with veg for my tea... I think anyway. I fancy something special for some reason. And he can do the bloody dishes when he gets back. I'm having a night off. :D

And a chocolate sundae thing for pudding - 3pp.

Oh heck Jen, you are a much nicer person than I am. I'm afraid I would have slapped him it till it hurt then carried on slapping just for the hell of it. I would have been furious and would not be there by the time he got back.

I hope you manage to enjoy your evening anyway. Watch X factor and refuse to rewind back, also give him a poke with the remote just for good measure.

On the positive your food sounds lovely, have a lovely evening as best you can. Make sure you steal all the duvet later on as well, make him freeze, I hope you have a mighty fine rest of the weekend x

I have just read that back and think I may need anger management classes

LOL @ blocks to points ;)

sorry to hear about the whole family thing.. i take for granted that i get on with Mattys family and he vice versa. Like Aunty V i'd be well annoyed at BB though cause he dropped it on you last minute and thats really unfair.

you deserved his Morgans.. dont you dare replace it :p x

Re: Jenny's "Weightloss" Shenanigans

blackwidow said:
you deserved his Morgans.. dont you dare replace it :p x

Believe me, I don't plan to... And I'm putting my foot down today watching Disney films while he sits there with his boring grown up book :p

We've had over 2 feet of snow now, it's a bit mental. It is ok though, we've been out in the car and people seem to be being sensible. I had a strop earlier because there was nothing to take for lunch and nothing for breakfast. So he went and dug the car out and we stocked up on fruit, bread, WW soup and a couple of dinners.

Food today has been a bacon butty, leftover turkey and a bit of veg, a punnet of grapes, and we're having chilli for tea. While I'm staying here, I can't snack or eat junk food, so IF I can get to WI or to my scales this week, should see a loss..

Oh .... I just realised, we have tickets to see 30 Seconds to Mars on Friday. The tickets are on my desk....... At home....... :\

I <3 Ice Age!

whatre you gonna do about the tickets then?! :(

Re: Jenny's &quot;Weightloss&quot; Shenanigans

I'm not sure..... Hopefully should be able to get home at some point (for more clean pants too, I only packed for 5 days!) But if not Mother has a 4x4 .... :)

good old mummy :D xxx

Good grief. Honestly Mr BB is such a lovely sometimes and then others such a complete twonk. I hope he's being lovely again - that whole thing with 'the family' would have done my nut in. But I'm a proper sensitive girl-type so that's just me.

As for the Morgans - well done you. Top marks and a blue peter badge.

Hope you can get home for knick knacks and your concert tickets. I'm really not sure about all this ruddy snow - you're braver than I am, I hate driving in it!

Hugs to you :)

I'm rather hoping that BB makes an appearance during the Glasgow weekend now just so I can met out violence and cuff him round the head big stylee........ That is so uncalled for he obviously knew you'd be annoyed so held back on telling you untill the last minute.
I'm also a bit peeved on your behalf Jen
I know it's a family thing but considering you are BB's other half I would have thought this would've made you "family".
I mean Jess has always been considered family right from the first time she started seeing Adam, she is my daughter to me

Kally i cant like it, but all FMIL's should be like you :) x

I'm rather hoping that BB makes an appearance during the Glasgow weekend now just so I can met out violence and cuff him round the head big stylee........ That is so uncalled for he obviously knew you'd be annoyed so held back on telling you untill the last minute.
I'm also a bit peeved on your behalf Jen
I know it's a family thing but considering you are BB's other half I would have thought this would've made you "family".
I mean Jess has always been considered family right from the first time she started seeing Adam, she is my daughter to me

Aww, loooove you :) It's a good job you don't actually have a daughter, makes me more special ;)

:D I'm glad there's still some happiness and love in the world :) I'm having a doom & gloom day. Mainly because my dad has told me that there is NO CHANCE that I will get to Glasgow this weekend... Oh shove off, just cos you're scared to venture out the front door when the snow comes down, old man...!!

I'm anxious about starting a fight as I kinda have nowhere to go :p If I had a 4x4, I'd have a backbone too... I swear if I start typing anything very much today I won't stop whinging and the vast majority of it will be slagging off him for being a complete doodle-doo when I'm not actually sure he entirely deserves it. Obviously there is no smoke without fire, the flames of which fanned quite well at the weekend, but the added pressure of cabin fever, impending mother nature time [the week before is ALWAYS the worst for mental-ness] and the complete and utter removal of my independence is not helping.

I feel totally rubbish, fat and frumpy, and repulsive. Most youngish couples [we're too old to be classed as young now, I think] would be racking up the APs in this situation.. Apparently, we don't seem to do that anymore.

And someone at work caught wind of the fact that I am pretty talented in the graphic design department, and has sent me a poem to "tart up" to "suit this lady's personality"... Not being funny, but when exactly do I find the time to do that? I don't KNOW said lady, how the hell can I match her personality???!

And to top it off, I hate tomato soup. So why the hell I had that for my lunch, I have no idea... I felt "queasy" all afternoon... I want a bloody ham sandwich, is that too much to ask!?

Told ya all I can do is whinge.... If I was able to get home, I'd soon be curled up in my bed watching Bridget Jones, or DVDs of Bad Girls, with a bowl of cheerios all pointed for, in my scruffy but oh-so-comfy green PJs and pink dressing gown.
Instead, I'll be sat watching re-runs of Mythbusters on a cold leather sofa with Diet Nazi saying "have you pointed that?" to every thought that I have...

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE I know, it's boring :)
I'll be better soon...!

aww bless ya Jen, Math does the whole 'have you pointed that?' thing.. pees me off even more now that im on SW and its syns, not points!!

good call on Bridget Jones and Bad Girls.. havent seen that for years - would love to watch it again!! :)

Aw Jen....hope you make it to glasgow chick....would a pure sham if ya missed it.x.xxx

I know I should be all supportive and all that, but sorry I cant help laughing at your post Jen. The bit about the tomato soup make me right gaffaw.

The caring side of me hopes you are feeling more chilled out this evening x

Haha@ the diet Nazi

I've had a good chuckle this morning Jen
that's for sure, you ain't half funny when you grumble chick xx

What am I meant to think when he puts my stuff in my car, tells me that I should try going home tonight, and gives me the spare key "just in case"....?

Other than "come here darlink, I want to smack you round the head with this ere snow shovel..."

I'm risking walking to the shop for a ham sarnie. Everyone else on my team 'cant get in' today... We have heaps to do, bastewards. I've got a damn Skoda, if I can make it.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back