Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today is my last day off... Boo!
I have one present left to buy, for mother. I want to get her a Kindle cover, but I can't remember what type she wanted. Hmm.

Last night, I went to Biker's for our date. He's mentioned every day this week that the industrial estate has been mental for traffic, so I expected him to be late... Had a backup tea planned for him getting in, incase it was too late to go out, and I am officially, and I quote, "the best"... :D

Chicken stuffed with haggis, wrapped in bacon and roasted, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and whisky sauce. No points, can't be bothered..!

I have a chicken breast for tea tonight - Not really sure what to do with it yet...

Thanks V :D

I have managed to completely break my pc. Bikers solution is to take it to his to see if he can fix it.... Slight problem, my car is at the end of the drive, I'm not carrying a desktop all down the drive in the dark, I'll break my neck!

So back to the days of no pc, no tv, no music, no dvds, no nothing. And I think I've lost all my photos and music. Ar$eholes......

I'll be checking up when I can. Could probably do with a break from the diet world!

Take care everyone :) x

Not good news on the pc Jen, hope it all gets sorted soon as. I'd be lost without mine

I used to love my Tiny Tears, I shall keep a look out for the ad. Have a great week x

Thank you Vanda, you're a star. I don't think I ever had a real tiny tears, I always wanted one though!

Biker gave me a disk, and I think my computer is ok now. And we put up his tree, and it was his choice!!

Monday. That means back to work... :( let's see what delights that place has to offer today.

Glad you got your PC vaguely sorted - there is nothing worse than feeling incommunicado.

Chicken stuffed with haggis wrapped in bacon and roasted, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and whisky sauce. SOUNDS AMAZING :D

Chicken stuffed with haggis wrapped in bacon and roasted, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and whisky sauce. SOUNDS AMAZING :D

Oooh it was :) The whisky sauce was 100ml chicken stock, 1 tbsp cornflour to thicken it, bring it to the boil then add 3tbsp whisky. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stir in 100ml low fat creme fraiche however you spell it, and whisk it up, and when its all warmed through, chuck it over the grub.

It was really good :) Very much enjoyed it!

First day back isn't going too badly, quite a lot to catch up on, but that's ok. Plenty to do, keep me nice n busy!

Keep smiling people, sorry for not being the most cheerful in the world. xx

Welcome back, Kals :)

Work wasn't too bad in the end. Busy, super busy. Very little of anything that I do on a day by day basis has been done while I was off, so apart from some downloads, I managed to get everything that had a 10th December deadline cleared. 11 hours later, I get home to have my tea thinking I could have a stir fry, and what's lying in a sodden mess at the bottom of the fridge, but all the stir fry veggies. Summinks gone wrong there, so I chucked the lot and had a jacket spud with quorn in a pepper sauce instead. 5 minutes on the hob, 10 mins in the micro... Sorted :)

9 pp left today. Might have a Mars bar with a cuppa.

I feel crap. Just wanna curl up in bed and cry. Infact, I think I might just do that...

Morning people :)
This morning, been up since 4ish. I've updated my mp3 player, got some Christmassy songs on there to listen to while stuck in the inevitable traffic...

Food plan for today :
Breakfast 1- toast
Breakfast 2- porridge at work mebbe
Lunch - chicken soup & a ham roll
Tea - mince n tatties

That's about 27pp at a guess.

Have a good day, people x

Morning Jen
So what Christmassy tracks did ya go for hen, my personal all time fav is the Pogues & Kirsty McC's Fairytale of NY
they don't make em like that anymore pure class.
Hope you enjoy your day sugar xx

Hope you are feeling might fine today Jen, I felt sad to think of you upset on your bed. Sometimes a good cry can make you feel better, I hope today is being kind to you xx

I got a good old Rat Pack Christmas album, nice bit of crooning from Mr Sinatra :)

Food isn't quite going according to plan - breakfast turned onto garlic mushrooms on toast, lunch a 4pp chicken noodle soup, and a banana.

Fun times! Roll on 5pm, decided it is ice cream o clock ...

Ice cream is my favourite pudding, cant beat it. I like a bit of hagaan daaz myself athough the half price carton of ben & jerrys I had last week wasnt half bad too.

Have a lovely evening x

Hello - I'm almost done being negative and feeling sorry for myself. Almost ;)

Not really sure what I'm doing foodwise, just trying to not binge on trash food, is the idea.

I have my works Christmas party on Friday, and I have a hotel booked in town incase I fancy a drink or several. I don't drink a lot... I dont know what to wear for this bash - Either a top with jeans, or I have a purple dress thing to wear with leggings. No idea what shoes to wear. Depends on the weather I guess. No heels though, I aint that brave and it's meant to be icey/snowy.

I've had two major run ins with the boy. I said I would pick him up from his work party, and get him home so long as he then took me out and treated me like a princess. It was not a pleasant event, looking after him when drunk (cleaning up the contents of his stomach in the bathroom etc etc etc) and the whinging when hungover the next day. So I tried to claim my princess day and got "Since when was KFC on Hogmanay not good enough?" Wow. Don't I feel special. Not only were we doing that anyway, but come on...

Then today, he's said about my birthday. It's my birthday in January, and I don't want anything, so I said why don't we go out or something instead. "Can't you just bloody pick something please, and stop being difficult." Do you know what, no. If it's such a damn chore, don't bother. I don't care. I'm not a great fan of birthdays anyway, too much pressure for people buying stuff that no-one actually wants. Same with Christmas really. Yes I'm a bit strange, I don't like presents, they make me feel awkward. Well I refuse to feel bad for having a birthday.

And don't even get me started on my mother.

Oh, I also did something to my shoulder, or my neck. They both ache, I cannot pinpoint where it hurts. I slept with a hot water bottle wedged under my neck last night, that helped :)

I really want chocolate... and icecream.. All I want at the moment is icecream...
I have a stir fry for tea tonight. Might do a fishy one..

I'll try and get a catch up with diaries later. Think it could be another 12 hr day here though, so will get caught up when I can..xx

How come you have to book a room for your works do? Can't he pick you up and take you home like you do for him?

I hate being asked what presents I want too. I try and put a lot of thought into presents for people, even people I don't know very well and I don't want to tell people what to buy me. If I want something I will buy it myself, presents are supposed to show thought and I really love the surprise. People keep telling me when I get married I need a gift list but no, I don't want one and I'm not having one. If they don't know me well enough to buy something I like then they just shouldn't bother. /rant

Give BB a sharp poke in the eye from me Jen and while he's putting his hands to his eye cos he cant see, kick him hard in the shins. Blooming men sometimes they make me mad, and now I feel mad for you too.

I hope you feel more chipper this evening, neck/shoulder pain can be tension it is with me anyway.

Seems like a good night out is needed, wish I could come Friday I could do with a 'do'. Hope the rest of the week is good to you Jen xx

Jess - Thank you for saying that, it's good to know I'm not the only person in the world who feels like that regarding presents :)
We were offered corporate discount at the hotel, for the staff who live in the sticks, it was £10 a room for us, so when we were offered it back in September, I just took it. It was my choice to book the room :) He said he would still come in and pick me up, but to be fair, that'd be more hassle than its worth. My car will then be trapped in Aberdeen..! He's welcome to come to stay with me, if he likes.

V - Shoulder is feeling a load better, thank you. Paracetemol and chocolate angel delight, with a hot water bottle wedged in my pillow last night helped!

haha Nik :) You got me, I missed ya chicken-pie :D

So the party tomorrow... I'm kinda looking forward to it. I have deliberately kept my gob shut all week at work, so I didn't upset anyone. Last year, I had a big "discussion" with one of the payroll team the day before the christmas party and the atmosphere needed more carving than the turkey. This year, it will be different!
The office closes at 11:30. Then I have an hour to get to the place, and the meal room (with disco!) is booked from 12:30 til 4. Then they have a function room booked at a bar, with a buffet laid on later at night.
I feel a bit full of cold, and it's snowy and icey... So I don't know if I will be dressed for a bar! But we'll see. Either way, I think I need to go and pack a bag..! I have decided to pack a book and if I have enough of the people I work with, I'll go to me hotel, get tucked up in bed and read my book :)

I'm going to go, I'm going to have a few drinks, I am going to have fun. Slightly nervous about driving INTO Aberdeen tomorrow, but it has to be done.

Busy couple of weeks... Well, weather permitting. The snow came back with a vengeance today. If it gets bad, the weather, I don't know where I will be. Will try and keep up on my phone. Im reading, even if Im not posting xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back