Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah - The long awaited babbling update haha!! Hope you have a coffee on hand.... :p

Christmas day was nice til my brother started sticking his oar into the relationship I have with Biker Boy. He can't accept the fact that we're pretty laid back, and don't need to live in each other's pockets. My brother's gf is working as an english teacher in Thailand at the moment and since he spent all day pining for her, trying to get hold of her on Skype, he couldn't comprehend that me and Biker, although he was in the same county as me, were not going to see, or speak to, each other all day on Christmas Day. I think we just have a different type of relationship to them, but it bugs me that if I can accept that James is going to be on the phone to Thailand more than he is spending time with us, why can't he accept that I'm happy with a couple of texts off my man?? We don't need the "I love you"s splashed all across Facebook like him and his gf do. We'd spoken about Christmas before, and decided that yes, it would be nice to spend Christmas together, but rather than the pair of us being sat in cars driving between different sets of parents all day, we'd have Actual Christmas on our own with our families, then have Our Christmas at his house, then spend the two bank hols going to see each others parents. Which, incidentally, was also fine with my mother, til James started speaking to her about how concerned he was that Biker is using me and doesn't care... Then I had to spend a good hour defending Biker to my mother who was now in floods of tears about how Biker "snubs" my family, treats me terribly, and explaining that yes, we have our good days and bad days but in the main, he makes me happy and I am on my guard to not get hurt again. Biker... he's far from posh, he does not look down his nose at my family in the slightest, and it was a mutual decision between the pair of us to not see each other on actual Christmas Day. Where's my dad through all of this? Through in the living room playing Zombie games on the Wii, drinking ginger wine :)

Boxing Day was Our Christmas, and the boy done good :) Especially since I "didn't want anything" he put a lot of thought into my gifts, and I was very happy :) He liked his too - I got him some Thai Rosewood chopsticks embellished with silver elephants, and a 2 hr lesson in flying falcons, hawks and buzzards at the Bird of Prey Centre in Cupar. I wasn't sure about the bird thing, but he seems to be looking forward to it :)

Monday - I don't think I really did much in the day - Watched some DVDs, think that was about it. Biker came to my parents house for tea - My dad made a beef casserole and onion crispit, which was lush. Crispit, I don't know how well known it is, with it being a dad thing, is basically a big ol' tray of suet dumpling made with loads of onion mixed in. So not wonderfully diet friendly... I don't normally have any when he makes it, but since it was Christmas I had a small bit, and it was scrummy! James was whinging because the family box of chocolates that Biker brought for us, was addressed to my Mum and Dad rather than all 3 of them. So he kept asking mum if he could have one of her chocolates because he didn't get anything...

Tuesday - My brother has to get a train home, so me and mum drive him into Aberdeen station and then hit the sales... Not too hard, I got a suade jacket, some jeans, a couple of tshirts, that furry gillet that I wanted a couple of weeks ago (£14, not strictly speaking a bargain, but half price'll do me :D), a bag, and 2, maybe 3 scarves. That was just New Look too... Then we went to Pizza Hut for lunch and shared a pizza, and headed home. I got changed, chucked some stuff in a bag, and went to Bikers - We'd intended to go to his parents house for tea, but then his sister's OH had decided to go out for tea instead with the his family, so Biker took me to the thai place to have too much food, and then we headed to his folks for a cuppa, and some quiz questions from a book, which was fun :) His sister had spent the day viewing wedding venues for the autumn. I have to be careful sorting out his birthday thing, I don't want to tread on any toes, or make him miss the fiance's stag do or anything like that. The date they have set is the 15th Oct, and Biker's birthday is the 2nd Nov, the thing I have planned for his birthday involves a 4 day weekend away, and I was thinking the first weekend in October. It's a bit early to be discussing with people though. His mum was talking about arranging him a party for his 30th. He would hate that, really hate it. Walking back to the car, I said if I have any input at all, there will be no party, just a nice meal or something for him and his family. That got a big smile :)

So food! My 1 day of gluttony kinda rolled into 4 days of gluttony. I pointed absolutely everything on the 25th, 26th, 27th but yesterday - Pizza Hut lunch and then a 4 course meal... I tried to be good, and stopped when I was full. Then had a bit of cheesecake... it was small though!! But I didn't point.

Today and tomorrow, I'm stuffing myself on 0-point veg rather than having proper food. Friday - I'm at a chinese buffet for lunch, then KFC for tea, which will be quite a late tea..

Then... Saturday we start. 100% PP. Yus. Bring it on!!

But you didn't tell us what he got you!!!!

Jen just popping in quickly saving your last post for when I have a cuppa and a meal break haha!! so in the words of Arnie
" I'll be back "

And back

You know Jen being an outsider in a relationship ( ie family ) can make it hard to see outside the box so to speak
In view of what's happened in the past I think your brother is just being a bit protective of you he might not quite be getting the balance right but I think deep down he means well.

Loving the sound of this Falcon day out
that sounds right up my street, lucky BB
So come on what did he get you ?

Last edited:
I know you're right Kals :) I also don't want him to get hurt.. :| Life has a funny way of working itself out..

Wow - So that's it, 2010 over. Well near enough... I know for some, it has been a fantastic year - Me on the other hand, well I am glad to see the back of it, and look forward to a new start in 2011. Not just with the diet, but with stuff in general. Hurrah!

Yesterday I left work early, feeling poorly. Not sure what's up, I have a rash on my chest and my tummy, and I felt dizzy & sick. Mum thinks it could be an allergy, in which case it should be gone in a couple of days.

Having one last diet-dither, since it's the last day of the year.

Thank you all for all your support and putting up with the whinges in 2010. You've all been fab :)

Hope everyone has a great New Year's celebration, whatever you all do. Stay safe, that's the main thing! And warm if you're out and about!

See ya next year!

*group hug*

xxx

Happy new year :D

Yay, hello :D

Edit: Ignore that, for some reason I thought you had moved to the members area, haha.

Last edited:
Woo! Thank you all for your happy new year greetings :) I feel so loved :D

Last night was ace, had a really good evening but I will be perfectly honest - I felt so so full that I didn't want to eat food ever again! Sure it won't last....
I went for a chinese buffet with a mate at lunchtime, then at teatime Biker and I went and got a KFC Variety Bucket, which I don't even know how much chicken was in that, but it's tradition... What? 3 years down the line, we can have traditions!! It was good, I very much enjoyed it, but I couldn't have eaten another bite! Then I got into my PJs and we snuggled on the sofa. Decided that TV was rubbish, so started on the booze...
We had mojitos, which were SOOOO good.... We improvised with the ice, couldn't think how to crush the ice, so it went in the blender and we ended up with half icecubes, and half snow.... haha. It was good though, really nice drinks!
We had a bit of a heart to heart too about our recent ups and downs, spoke about some stuff that we've said/done that has bugged each other and promised that we will be better to each other next year. Well, it's this year now. So one day at a time, but I feel loads better for us talking. Shoulda done it ages ago probably, lesson learnt!

Watched In Bruges, which... I fell asleep during and missed 10 minutes in the middle... Then it was time for Jools Holland, and the bells and lots of slushy stuff was said and it was a frightfully pink & fluffy affair to be honest!

This morning, we slept in til about 12, and watched Bee Movie, and Wall-E with a bacon sarnie. Decided to go for a walk but by the time we actually thought about moving, it was already dark and we both had to get to our own parents for teatime... Oops. So no walk, but no bother, we have a few days off yet!
Watching Wall-E, I grabbed Biker's hand, and he said "awww do you want to be my Eve?" (which will make no sense if you haven't see the film) and I said yeah cos it means I can call him my Wally... :D

Had homemade chips with gammon, broccoli and tomatoes for tea, it was beautiful. And a mince pie with a spoonful of custard - Dad had the rest of the tin, and 2 mince pies...

Tomorrow, I am going to make apple & cinnamon donuts - They are 2pp each! And then go to Biker's for my tea - He's doing a roast lamb dinner and has a bottle of red wine for us.. Lamb's his favourite food ever, so I know this is going to be good. I've never had a roast that he has done, we've had lamb steaks, stews, and the things with the bones sticking out, but I've always let him alone to his roasts :p haha Not this time though, he's doing it specifically for us!! :)

I feel like I want to dye my hair bright red again. Maybe after my birthday, we shall see. I have gone a bit brown and boring recently, could do with a splash of colour!!

I have a new app for my phone, for Weightwatchers. It seems pretty good, and I hope it can help.

OPTIMISM IS BACK! I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!!! :D

Attachments

• Mojitos.JPG
    Mojitos.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 51
I got the new app too as I just signed up for a month of WW online. I'm impressed with it! I have just found a recipe for homemade ferrero rocher which I need to try, just weetabix crushed and mixed with nutella then shaped into balls and put into the freezer. Don't mind if I do!

by things with the bones sticking out.. do you mean rack of lamb or lamb chops? LOL :D

i proper AWWWWW'd at the Wally / Eve thing..

my vote is for colour! why not just get some slices of colour in it - chocolate brown with some ruby red slices / purple red slices looks nice :D x

I just read Jess' post about forrerrrerereerrr roche, and forgot what else I have read *drools* Yep, don't mind if I do either! What do you do? chocolate balls and then roll in the crushed weetabix?

Haha, I'm never quite sure how to spell it either. Too many es and rs! I think you crush the weetabix and then mix it with the nutella then shape that into balls. I think the nutella would be hard to mix into balls and they probably wouldn't be very big without the weetabix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back