Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thai soup was red paste, coconut milk, chicken, prawns, noodles and various bits of stalks and bark :p the prawns were premarinated, which made them higher than usual. It was good though!!

Biker has almost redeemed himself, we went shopping yesterday, his decision. And out for lunch. Also - I'll post a picture of Johnny later, I'm not sure if I have introduced Johnny to Minimins yet. He is my 7 year old Moose.... Anyway, the boy braved a kids teddy bear party in the Bear Factory to get Johnny a new jacket!

*huge sigh*
I'm on HOLIDAY!! I stayed at the boys last night because I had a sore tummy. I hate being a girl :( dipped into the ol' weekly budget last night, after lunch we'd decided on curry for tea, which was 29pp in the end. So going to top up on the veg today :) and stick to my 42.

He's still not totally off the hook. He knows he's upset me, but I acknowledge that he is trying :)

Right, I'm going to get ready to brave the great outdoors. Have a good day people. Glad things seem to be back to normal again xx

Stay safe and warm Jen...its brass monkeys out here...god knows what its like at urs!!
xx

at least hes trying :) you can possibly forgive him eventually.. next decade or something ;) haha! x

Morning Jen, hope you're feeling better. Have you got the huskies out up there yet?!

Have a great week.

Lesley
x

hiya hun hope your feeling better! at least your on hols now! can enjoy and relax for a little while :) hope things are alright for you now with Biker! Curry sounds loveeely! i want! :D damn them being too many points from take away :( have to make do with birds eyes ones for 10pp with rice teehee! not the same but gives me my fix for the time being! hope you had a brill weekend! and hope the snow isn't causing too many problems for you! so jealous you got to see 30 seconds to mars! even if the audience took over! :p enjoy your week hun xxxx

Yoo hoo Jenny Penny

I is back

Ok what's that fella been up to now
I'm out today buying wet fish so that I can join Hannah in this face slapping

Dodgie tummy 0 point Curry
I'm on it ;)

youve been about this morning.. no update is just not good enough ;) x

Haha, caught out :p its cos I want to multiquote, can't do that from my phone, and if I put my puter on I'll never get to town haha!

THAT'S RIGHT! I'M OFF SHOPPING!! Watch out Aberdeen.....! x

Stay safe and warm Jen...its brass monkeys out here...god knows what its like at urs!!
xx

Cheers Linz! -19's the coldest Biker's noticed, he has a thermometer in the car. At mine we've got a thing dangling out the window, and that's been -16... I think it's only -8 tonight. Christ, never thought you'd be saying "only -8"...!!!

Brass Monkeys = Bloody Frizzin :D

you can possibly forgive him eventually.. next decade or something haha! x

Meh, maybe... haha. No, to be fair, he has one more gesture, then he's back in the good books. Today, he was all nicey when I had my usual "I hate clothes shopping" strop and said I was a heffer and was refusing to wear anything other than leggings and tracky bottoms til I lose the equivalent weight of a small cow...

Hope your tummy is better J. Pen, I heard that when you have tummy pains, curry is zero point

Feeling much better, thanks Nik :) I read that too, curry = 0 points, chocolate = 0 points and good luck to anyone who tries to say otherwise at that time of the month haha.!

Morning Jen, hope you're feeling better. Have you got the huskies out up there yet?!

Have a great week.

Lesley
x

Thanks Lesley :D Yes, much better ta, just needed a day of grumbling and feeling sorry for myself!
No huskies yet - I could try the three mutts that we have, but I doubt the two terriers would do much, and Maggie the deranged-collie just goes nuts and tries to eat all the snow... She actually pounces through it like a cat pounces.. Strange thing...!

hiya hun hope your feeling better! at least your on hols now! can enjoy and relax for a little while
..birds eyes ones for 10pp with rice teehee! not the same but gives me my fix for the time being!

I did not realise the Birds Eye ones were that low... I was expecting 12, 13, 14 for those! I will have to have a rummage, yus!! :D
And feeling soooooo much better for just not being at work. I'm not sure if I am impressed that my manager hasn't called, or worried as to the state of things when I get back, but whatever, I'll deal with it on monday :) hehee!

I is back

Ok what's that fella been up to now
I'm out today buying wet fish so that I can join Hannah in this face slapping

:D
And the blokey... the usual moodiness. BUT! He was really sweet to me on monday when he had to go to work and left me at his to sleep, he's been asking stuff about christmas, and he's even asked to come here to see my family, on one of the bank holidays - He asked when my bruv was planning to come home for the break, cos he'd like to come through when he's here...!!! Never mind him, I think my face looked like I had been fish-slapped..!!
And he's told me to be at his, ready to go out for tea on thursday, I asked if it was a date or just tea, and he said it was a date. But his good shirts are still in his bag which we don't know where it is, so not too much of a dressy-date plz... :rolleyes: :D:D

Hope you bought lots of fab stuff Jen, I like a good shop x

I certainly did V.... I decided that I wanted to go into town today, to finish off my Christmas shopping. Instead, I got myself 2 bags, 2 scarves, a couple of hair things, a new top and a pair of jeans. And some man-gloves for digging. And 2 DVDs. I want some Chanel No5 for mum, and I asked in 2 places, but they didnt have Chanel. So I did INTEND to get pressies.... haha

Food today -

Breakfast - Leftover potatoes, dry fried with chopped up turkey rashers, mushrooms and 2 slices of toast
Lunch - Late subway - Steak n cheese with peppers gherkins and tomato. Get in :D
Tea - Homemade pizza with chorizo and mince
Snack - maltesers :) ... x2

Still needing to shovel heaps of snow everyday. I'm starting to get physically tired of it now, god knows how my dad feels, he's done the entire of the driveway, I've just done the parking bays and a couple of pathways. Mental. Absolutely mental. And on the way home from Aberdeen, it started again...

I got some pastry. Why the muck did I buy pastry? I have some really low point venison sausages and a bit of haggis too, gonna make some sausage rolls, and some sage & onion rolls. Could be a plan anyway..! My aim is to not use ALL of the pastry....

Tomorrow, as well as making pastry based things, I have to go to the North coast with mum........ :| ITS GOING TO BE BLOODY COLD.

Night!!! Time for sleeps now xx

I just went to a cafe with mother, asked the assistant if there was any toilet roll as there was none in the ladies, and she said "can't you use the hand dryer?"

I kid you not... Classy place!

I just went to a cafe with mother, asked the assistant if there was any toilet roll as there was none in the ladies, and she said "can't you use the hand dryer?"

I kid you not... Classy place!

hahaha!! you should have asked her If she could have got her toosh up that far hahaha!!
Hows the pastry going Jen xx

The pastry turned out to be a bit of a disappointment actually! For weeks now, I have had a craving (almost) for sausage rolls, or cheesey bakes, like they have in Greggs. So here I goes, making some treats today - We have venison sausage rolls, I made a cheese & sundried tomato pasty, some haggis rolls, and attempted some mince pies which just did not work....
And they all turned out ok :)

But I realised half way through the cheese pasty thing that I don't really like pastry anymore, haha! Which is probably a good thing, except now I have heaps of pastry stuff to scoff... Maybe I'll sneak it into Biker's lunch when I'm at his tomorrow :p

In other news, I have officially finished the christmas shopping for my dad, and Biker. I have mum's on order, and my brother, well, tough. hah.
One of Biker's things is due to come from Thailand... wonder if that will get here in time, it says 8-10 days for delivery and we have 16 technically.....!

Hey Jen....still freezing here (thanks for the trasnlation for Hannah!! haha!!) We're only -10 at the coldest that i've experienced tho!

Stay warm Jen Pen..xx

Loved the cafe comment, you do frequent the nicest places :D

I also love the buying yourself prezzies when Christmas shopping. I use Boots for the very same thing, buy 2 prezzies there just to get the free one for me. Who said the spirit of Christmas was gone :p

Have a fab rest of the week off

Date's off tomorrow, his village is pretty much all closed due to snow, I could cry... In fact, I think I probably will :( I really really hate this weather, I know I'm not the only one, but god damn.

Have watched hollyoaks, corrie and eastenders. I might have to move on to reruns of Jeremy Kyle soon...

EDIT - he said if I managed to make it to Peterhead today with the snow drifts, then I should be ok getting to his village. I just might have to trudge a bit to get to his actual house... Hmm. We'll see how the weather goes in the morning :)

Last edited:
***Warning; I've not woken up on the cheerful side of bed today***

CONFESSION TIME:
Dad got some of those mini Maryland cookies, the bitesized ones. He had 3 packets, they're the share-bag sized ones.
I woke up at about half 3 after a nightmare, and I ate an entire packet. That's 20pp. So I slipped up. That, plus the pastry attack yesterday - I dunno what's wrong with me. But then, I always put on when I'm off work, and being pretty much stuck in the house all day isn't helping.
Last year, I bought a box of chocolates for Biker for his birthday, but I actually ended up giving him the third box, as I ate the first two. That's ridiculous really, isn't it. To be fair, I do usually do Christmas shopping earlier than I have this year.
This morning, I feel like a total failure. With the diet especially. I don't know what has happened to my motivation, its just evaporated. Maybe I'm hibernating.

I am trying to stick to the whole propoint thing.

I can't understand my head right now. I'm dithering between needing plans, and needing nothing-time. I can't decide what is for the best. This weekend is Bikers works night, Saturday, so I'm on taxi duty. I don't want to watch the X Factor final on my own though, so I'll be home for that. Next Friday is my works Xmas thing, and I don't really want to go. They've piffed me off recently, why should I take an afternoon unpaid for it? I booked a hotel room in town, so I could have a drink, but I dunno now if I even want a drink, it might be as shoddy as last year and I may want to leave asap! I think I am getting old, I would actually much rather watch a dvd on the sofa with my dogs and the boy.

Plan for today - up, shower, breakfast (done)
Laundry,
Decide if it's worth driving to town,
Haircut,
Risk driving to Bikerville,
Attempt to beautify oneself for potential date...

I put on 1lb today, ok with that. Will update stats later I think x

PS - my flucking eye is still twitching. The doc said it was stress and that I needed to "relax". Don't seem to be able to do that, so what now, wise guy?!

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe a break could do you the world of good? Xmas is just sabotage, why not give yourself a rest? I'm hoping my motivation returns with gusto in January. So I'm sure yours will too!

Snow = yuck. Poor you, I really feel for you. It's fun for about 15 minutes and then just very irritating.

Can't wait for X Factor final - though I'm out on Saturday night so will have to catch up on Sunday. Who's your money on?

Pizza sounds delish :)

Thanks Han :) I'm feeling better this afternoon, I will go and get my hair amended somehow. Gawd knows how..! Something will happen though!

Think I will be relaxing the old dietting thing for a couple of weeks now. Had a TLC lasagne for lunch.

X Factor - Hmmmmmmm Well, I really hope it isn't Rebecca. I like Matt and One Direction, but to be fair, I haven't really warmed to any of them this year. Cher's good and individual, but its not my cuppa tea. Rebecca unfortunately did the whole "I have no confidence" shy act thing, and her voice, it grates on me. I think that I would like Matt to win. :D

HOLY COW the snow just came off the roof - It was like an avalanche...... :| So loud!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back