Jenny's moved on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeay well done on the payrise hun

September is gonna be a good'un

xx

totally random.. but i LOVE mug shopping. I am terrible in sainsbo's or matalan looking at mugs.. they've gotta be perfect in some quirky weird way or i dont want them!

my favouritest mugs ever were the charity ones the celebrities made 2 years ago and they were sold in black boxes at xmas. I had the Phil Collins one which was pale blue and had lots of pretty little faces on it and it said "no matter what colour we are, we're all the same.. Peace."

and my other favourite was Ozzy Osbornes which was red, and that said...

W*nk for Peace.

Simple things :D

well done on your payrise btw.. fantastic :D anything you're gonna spend it on? x

Hey hun hope your alright! Keep smiling!!!!

Like everyone has said, September definitely your month! :) heres to ticking off all your other mini goals for Sept off the list! Go treat yourself to a little something with the payrise ;) hehe xxx

hope you've had a good day hun xx

I so want that Ozzy mug! Wonder how my colleagues would deal with that haha.

I have had a couple of hours me-time tonight and put some thoughts into perspective. I was feeling very negative last night, my head was in a horrible place, and I was about ready to [this may shock people] move back to England. This would have meant starting all over again and, yes, leaving Biker Boy. I emailed a couple of landlords about flats for rent, that is how close I was to going. I'm not going to go over the reasons for wanting to go, everytime I start to write them down, the tears well up at the thought, so bugger that :)

I took a couple of hours off work today, at lunchtime, and I went to the woods. There's a woods near work that has sculptures in it, and I went for a walk around there. Had a think about what is important to me, I mean really important. I think it has finally dawned on me, and I eventually have come to the correct conclusion - Number One comes first. And if mum, dad, the boyfriend, mates at work, whoever can't deal with that, they can get stuffed. And I mean that.

When I was at Curves getting my measurements done, I was fine with it. I accepted the numbers the lady took and wrote down. Then driving home I was thinking and realised No... I'm not bloody fine with it. My BMI, granted not the best measurement of anything really, is off the chart, that is not good. Stop bloody accepting that you are a "big girl" and do something about it. I was thinking earlier, that this weekend I would love to just go out for tea and have a steak dinner in a nice restaurant. Then I thought to myself, No, I'm going to cook my own steak at home. Reason? I don't want people pointing and laughing at the fat girl eating on her own. If I am THAT ashamed of how big I am, then something ought to be done. The thing that puts me off though, is that the fat girl is not going to become a slim healthy normal sized girl overnight. It will take time. And I am impatient. Which is why SW appeals to me. I'll have a think over the weekend about maybe going onto the old Core plan for a week, see how that fares. See, it could be difficult for my family, for the fella to adapt to, but to be fair, I don't really eat with them anymore anyway, and he couldn't give a stuff as it stands. If he doesn't want to support me and let me be happy, then I an unfortunately going to have to walk away from that. But we'll see what the future brings.

I have also realised how much I hate food. Well not food itself, but the hold it has over me. My general routine has been
- get up at half 5
- eat breakfast
- get ready for work and go to work
- eat something [usually 2nd breakfast] about half 7, 8ish
- have a couple of biscuits with a cuppa about 10am
- lunch at 12, 12:30
- afternoon cuppa and chocolate bar about 2:30, 3pm
- leave work about half 4, 5
- get home at 6ish and have tea
- 8ish - cuppa and toast

This is pure habit. It is a routine. And it sucks.
So new objective this month is to break this cycle. Well and truly smash it.
I got some recipe books to inspire me with some healthy ideas. Come on Amazon, deliver quick please!!

I've had 30 points today. It started with a cheeseburger for breakfast and ended with about 3 bars of chocolate. You may think I am mad but I have kept the wrapper off the last bar of chocolate. It will be framed and put on my desk as a reminder.

But, on the plus side, I have decided on poached eggs on toast for breakfast, I have leftover stirfry for lunch, and will have carbonara for tea tomorrow. All sorted, ready to go. I am not taking my money to work tomorrow. I am taking my bank card, so I can get petrol on the way home, as per Friday tradition :p and I will NOT have anything to get chocolate at the vending machine.

One day at a time. That's it. No pressure because I'm doing this for me, and me alone. I'll get there when I get there.

Thank you all for being brilliant supports. I'd go mad without you. Wish I could send you all a nice big bouquet of flowers, but my payrise wasn't that much :p

could you take some fruit in cute little lock-it boxes for a snack to replace your chocolate, or as an emergency snack should you feel the need to have one?

what do you think of curves then? i've always struggled up until now to really get into exercise but i had a couple of personal training sessions at my gym and we looked at good form with weight training and how much exertion i should put into training and so on and it seemed to kinda click and make a bit more sense.. do they do stuff like that? I've heard loads of good things about Curves but not sure there is one near me..

I will vote for your poached eggs on toast.. one of my favourite breakfasts!

Are you gonna give Core a go then? I do love Core when i'm in the right frame of mind.. means i can eat grapes and strawberries all day every day haha :D xx

Aw hun a big hug from me!

You are totally right Number one does come first. You are your happiness is whats important

One day at a time hunny bun and you will get there

I have to admit I did have a chuckle at your cheeseburger for breakfast :p but totally agree with Rach, poached eggs mmmmmm delish!

I hope you are ok hun and you know that we are always here to support you in whatever decision you make. I would love to give core a go but I just can't my head round it at the moment, can't get my head round much lol.

You will do this hun

xx

Hi Rach, aye, I think I might try the Core thing, yeah. It seems to make sense so we'll give that ago! After the weekend though, I think monday is a good starting point!
And yes to the fruit! No to bananas though, I could eat a billion of them, but probably shouldn't :p

Curves - It looks like it could be a good starting point. I used to go to the gym a lot when I was at uni, but I stopped after the student membership ran out, and the grown up one was so much more, I couldn't afford it.. I have tried going to the council gyms here but I can't get into it. I do 15 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes on the treadmill and then I am knackered and bored... so I guess the 30 minute in 30 second blasts could work well for my short attention span and get me a bit better fitness before I think about a normal gym. It's a 6 week trial I have at Curves, looking forward to it!

Thank you Claire! For the record, it was a quorn burger, lovingly prepared in my microwave, rather than a maccy ds.. hehe! I will let you all know how i get on with Core :D Quite looking forward to it!!!

xx

maybe try interval training on any of the cardio equipment - for example walk briskly on treadmill for 3 mins, add some incline for 2 more mins, then add enough to make it really challenging for final minute, then go back to flat brisk walking for 3.. etc. I find it makes the time go quicker :) i like it best on the cross trainer - 3 mins at 45-50rpm, 2 mins at 65-70rpm, and then 1 min as fast as i can pedal.. really gets a sweat on but is so worth it :) x

Aahh Jen I do hope you are ok and I think you have hit the nail on the head you have to put yourself first to get where you want to be for you.

I didnt realise you were starting curves. I've decided to stop ww and use my ww money towards curves. One of my work mates is getting on really well there and although she doesnt need to lose a lot of weight she is losing inches and toning up really well. I am going for a mooch in my local one to see whats on offer.

One day at a time is a fab start and is exactly what I said in my diary this morning, I'm also off the pointing malarky and am changing to low gl eating, hope core gives you some oomph. Have a fab Friday xx

Oh holy god, you don't know how hard I struggled not to cry at that Jen
god where do I begin.
You are such a wonderful person Jen, full of spark, genuine and witty and
coming on your diary usually brightens my day and gives me real belly laughs too

I know where your coming from being the Fat person eating alone etc
and if your getting no other support than from your minimates
it must feel like such a lonely struggle on your own.

I'm giving you my biggest huggyest Mumma hug
and telling you not to give up, you can and you will
succeed Jen inspite of it all.

However you want to follow or whatever you want to do
diet wise, it has to be about finding your balance
what's right for you right now.

Everyone else has said above what I want to say, so there's not a lot of point repeating too much...lol... But I completely agree that the only reason we should be doing this is for ourselves alone, no 1 else.. So go you for deciding that it's you who matters most, cos you do :) You can do this, and again like everyone else has commented, we're all here for you too xx :)

Thank you all :) I know this place is the best, I <3 it.

Rach - That sounds like something I could do, the interval thing! Perfect for a short attention span too! Cross Trainers, I have a personal hatred for. I am DETERMINED by the end of the year to be able to do 10 minutes again. I say again, I managed to get up to 7 minutes before, once... 10 minutes is my Jan 2011 aim..! I don't know why, but it just beats me.

Vanda - I don't know much about GI stuff, I will have to look into it. Sometimes I think a break from counting everything can be a good move, whether you calorie count, or use points, sometimes a break is as good as a rest, and I'm glad that I read about the Core thing, for a bit of a change.
I will let you know how I get on at Curves :) They said I should go at least 3 times a week and when I got my measurements, she said to get down to a size 12, I am to lose 77 inches.... Sounds like a lot but we have to start somewhere!

Nik - :) At least you can guarantee that the fasting is pretty much a one off thing, it isn't a bad food rut that you have ended up in by mistake, and once Ramadan's out the way, you'll be right back focussed again sorted Old Fella out too!! I'm interested, does he bother about his weight at all? I'm not calling him a chubber or anything hehe, I just noticed a lot of people's other half's seem to jump on the scales too when us girls decide to diet - either to support us, or out of curiosity. I'm curious as to whether Ramadan's had any impact on him weightwise. Just being nosey hehe! My dad does "starvey" days, when he feels the need to lose weight. He'll have toast for breakfast, a cuppasoup for lunch and some soup for tea, and he loses the weight within seconds almost. But then he pigs out the rest of the time on fry ups and cakes, so it's a bad cycle that he is in... Men ey... What was I saying? Oh yeah. Glad that my babbling helped somewhat :) hehe!!

Mumma K :) Thank you for the hug :) I am not giving up, no way, there is still plenty of fight in me yet, and by taking the self-inflicted pressure off a little bit, I already feel a million times better and way more positive. That's you that inspired that, so thank you so much :)

Lainie - Thank you :) I think sometimes we all lose a bit of focus and this time, it was my turn to get slapped in the face with realisation !!!
Onwards and upwards. Well downwards. Whatever... You know what I mean!!!

Anyway, stop making me go all emo on you! hehe I reward you with a minor episode from Psychojenny :p

The boy had his vaccinations yesterday, and had a shock when I said that no, I wasn't going to drop everything and head over for TLC and sympathy.

BB - "Well can I get a hug soon?"
J - You can get a hug anytime you want, I'm not stopping you.
BB - "Do you want a hug?"
J - I've wanted a hug since I got ill, dear. It's hardly my decision apparently.
BB - "can we watch X factor together on saturday please?"
J - Yeah I suppose, but I can't stay, I have to get home for the dogs.
BB - "Can't I come to your house?"
J - Oh. Yeah ok, if you like.

He's currently got typhoid, hep A, hep B, meningitis, diptheria, polio, tetanus, yellow fever, rabies and god knows what else in his system.... and he turns round and says "Do you think I'll be ok to drink on friday night?" Erm... no dear. Please don't risk it. "but the doc said I could have a couple of drinks, but I might regret it"... Well there you go. Listen to the pro..!! And can you really go out with the lads [aka bunch of rowdy engineers] and have only a couple of drinks?? Exactly.

Ten minutes later, he's telling me he's off trekking in the Cairngorms on Saturday. :rolleyes: even MORE reason not to drink, me thinks..!

Today, I am on target. Poached eggs were scrummy for breakfast, and my stirfry for lunch survived a blitz in the microwave ok :)
And I might feel the pull of the vending machine, but it's not particularly strong!

I finally found all the jazz about the Glasgow thing... I think I click around here with my eyes shut sometimes!
Dependent on the date, I would quite like to pop along for a german sausage lunch and to say hello :) You had me at "christmas market"... But be prepared for extreme childish OOHS and AAHS looking at the lights and stuff...... And much giggling at Nik in a ginger wig! :D

It was funny, I was waiting for a report to run at work, and decided to start catching up on Minis while it was doing it's thing.... My manager's stood behind me trying to ask me about the KPIs for last month and I'm like "Yeah yeah, two minutes, this is interesting"...... haha :D

I'm getting round the diaries tonight for a good catch up :) Looking forward to it! xx

Hey Jen..sat and nodded along reading that big soul-searching post..it really struck a chord, esp about the BMI and stopping accepting yourself as a 'big girl'..my OH is always saying he loves me as I am, I wonder is BB the same? Like you, I really need to face facts :sigh:

Good luck at Curves, I've been saying I'll start using the gym for ages and now I'm back at work there's no excuse, so I will be interested to see how you get on :)

I've seen you mention these Calzones before! Are they really good? We were gonna go there last night but didn't, will really have to try these though sometime! If you like a bargain (or BB does, since he's paying!) if you go on the F&B website there's a 20% off voucher if you buy 2 mains :D

Have a lovely weekend xo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back