Jen's Food Diary =)

I am trying a GREEN day today! but need some idea's for what to eat between brunch & dinner... Any idea's ladies?

Here is todays menu!!

Brunch -
2 x tea's with milk from HEXA and sweetner.
Banana
2 x slices of WM bread (4 syns for one slices as it's from a 800g loaf, and i am not wasting so will eat it till it's gone..! not much left now..)
Scrambled egg ( lots of )
Baked Beans

Snack- Green apple and some melon

Dinner

1 x chicken breast (113g) (HEXB)
1 x spoon of pataks curry pasts ( madras) (4 syns)
Tin of toms
onion
Mushrooms
Boiled rice

diet coke
Robinsons NAS orange & pineapple 1/2 a pint

Syns today

2 spoons of spread on toast and making eggs (2 syns?)
1 slice of WM bread (800g loaf) 4 syns
1 spoon of pataks madras curry paste (4 1/2 syns)

diet coke
Melon

Today syns today

10 1/2

Last edited:
I work Saturday out as 19.5 syns hunny.

You can do this Gravy and its syn free, and you can freeze it in batches for dinners.

Dont beat yourself up about the oat bar. Its amazing how high in syns some of hese are. Alpen lights are a very good alternative and you can have them as a HEB!

I am trying a GREEN day today! but need some idea's for what to eat between brunch & dinner... Any idea's ladies?

Here is todays menu!!

Brunch -
2 x tea's with milk from HEXA and sweetner.
Banana
2 x slices of WM bread (4 syns for one slices as it's from a 800g loaf, and i am not wasting so will eat it till it's gone..! not much left now..)
Scrambled egg ( lots of )
Baked Beans

Snack- probs a green apple and a muller light, and grapes?

Dinner

1 x chicken breast (113g) (HEXB)
1 x spoon of pataks curry pasts ( madras) (4 syns)
Tin of toms
onion
Mushrooms
Boiled rice

will use more of my HEXA for cups of tea through the day.

but, i need another HEXA on green, dont i??

Ok your on a EE day

So one slice of your bread is a HEB .

Chicken is free on a EE day You have put it as a HEB
;)

soz hun, just changed it am trying out a GREEN day today, hence why i've added it as the HEXB this is what the booklet says for green days? x

Just cooking my curry and it smells LUSH
this is a change for me as i usually use jars that are ready done, which are probs synned through the roof lol plus they seem to be greasy, which this isnt..

wish i had a naan to go with it though!

Next time you'll have to make the syn free onion bhaji's to go with it (recipe will be on the recipe sub-forum somewhere!).

Mmm.. yeah might do that, would be perfect to go with it... might have to use the tikka masala paste next time too, Just to save on them syns!

Buy mini nans , tescos do a healthy eating one. The syns wont be horrendus. I cook all my currys from scratch. I do a Korma using Philli lite. They always taste much nicer made from scratch.

Good tip is when you measure all your spices, make into a paste with water, and to release the flavour 'frylite' fry them with your onions. It makes the spices come out more.

Good tips there hun, thank you.. I was V lazy and used the pataks paste hehe!!! x

Must say, the curry was lovely... !!!
I may treat myself to a mini milk in a little while =D

Monday 17th Jan

EE Day

B -
2 x weetabix (hexb) with some milk (hexa) and sweetner

1 x cup of tea ( milk hexa) and sweetner

Snack
Banana

diet coke

L
Tesco light choices mince & potato (3.5 syns on EE)
Processed peas
sweetcorn

Snack
Orange
Melon

diet coke

1 x cup of tea & sweetner

D is going to be
1 tesco light Choices chicken breast in tom & basil sauce (syn this later) (1/2 syn)
SW chips
peas
mushrooms ( in sauce)

Cadburys light choc mousse (3syns)
Melon
Diet coke

Total syns for today = 7

Last edited:
Hiya..

OMG they are LUSH :drool: hehe
Just thinking of things i can have them with... Egg, steak,:bliss: beans, chilli, bolognase etc etc lol

Only managed the 1 chicken breast so thats just 1/2 syn

will have a choc mousse later :)

Green day

B -

2 weetabix (Hexb)
milk from HEXA

Tea with milk from hexa

diet coke

1/2 apple ( daughter stole the rest lol)

Lunch

2 slices of Wholemeal bread ( WW) (400g loaf) (HEXB)
2 teaspoons of flora ( 2 syns)
Scrambled egg ( milk from hexa)
1/2 tin of Baked Beans

Mullerlight

Dinner is going to be

Roast chicken ( 75g weighed out for HEXB)
New pots
Broccolli
Carrots
Petit pois
Gravy ( 142 ml made up from granules.. I do love my gravy .. 2.5 syns)

2 oranges
Diet coke

Going to have a choc mousse again this eve =)

choc mousse 3.5 syns

total syns today 8

Last edited:
Weds 19th Jan

Green day

Breakfast
2 weetabix (hexb) with milk (hexa) and sweetner
plum
banana

2 cups of tea with milk from HEXA and sweetner

Lunch

WW Chicken Balti & Pilau rice ( 6 1/2 syns)
Sliced cucumber

Melon (bowl full)
Activia strawberry snack pot.

Snack @ 5ish
Kellogs Fibre plus bar (HEXB)
(Just got them in tesco and they look nice..!!!! )

I have my 1st WI tonight .. .. EEEK. :mad:
Class starts @ 7pm, so will have dinner when i get home which will be

Dinner
Jacket potato with beans and cheese (28g from hexa) with teaspoon of flora (1 syn)

Last edited:
What flora are you having, as the syns don't seem to add up for any of the values on the syns online page?

Flora Flora Spread, Pro Activ, Buttery, 28g 7½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDExtraEasy','')7½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDOriginal','')7½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl02$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Spread, Pro Activ, Buttery, 1 level tsp 1½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDExtraEasy','')1½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDOriginal','')1½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl03$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Spread, Pro Activ, Buttery, 1 level tbsp 4 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDExtraEasy','')4 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDOriginal','')4 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl04$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Margarine, Extra Light, 28g 2½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl05$LBADDExtraEasy','')2½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl05$LBADDOriginal','')2½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl05$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Margarine, Extra Light, 1 level tsp ½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl06$LBADDExtraEasy','')½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl06$LBADDOriginal','')½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl06$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Margarine, Extra Light, 1 level tbsp 1½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDExtraEasy','')1½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDOriginal','')1½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Spread, Pro Activ, Extra Light, 28g 3 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl08$LBADDExtraEasy','')3 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl08$LBADDOriginal','')3 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl08$LBADDGreen','')Flora Flora Spread, Pro Activ, Extra Light, 1 level tsp ½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl09$LBADDExtraEasy','')½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl09$LBADDOriginal','')½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl09$LBADDGreen','')

Erm.. it depends, I did have flora and now i am using I cant believe it's not butter extra light or light whatever it is..

eeek..

I've only been having a little bit of each one anyway..

Back