jerusalem artichokes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by BIG BIRDY, 7 February 2008 Social URL.

1. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    My friend in the USA mentioned a relatively new diet food out there. It's a meal replacement drink, but it has a substance called inulin in it. Inulin is a carb similar to that in potatoes, but this one the body can't digest. Apparently it gives you a feeling of fullness and so suppresses appetite. Jerusalem artichokes also have this inulin instead of the usual carbs. I know they can give you gas:eek: in certain people, but I'm not sure of the glycaemic index etc. Has anyone else heard of this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

inulin is what is in the water flavourings on LL and CD. it may suppress the appetite - it has many many uses in the food industry, including adding bulk and acting like a fibre (which is one of the main reasons it is in the water flavourings)

4. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was just about to say that - yes its in the water flavourings! I looked it up on the internet when I got my first pot - just to make sure I knew what I was putting into my body!!!

5. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I've just read up on it too, and apparently it's much better for you if you eat the whole plant, ie the artichoke, and not some derivative or pure form of it. So do you think it's a way that we can eat a form of carb once we are eating 'normally'

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.