Jezebella's Journal

RTM Day 57 (Week 9)

Well, now the dust has settled, and I have stopped sobbing buckets and recovered some equilibrium, I thought it was time to update on yesterdays food intake. I have half an hour before I can go and fetch my little cat so it seems as good a way as any to spend it.

Black coffees as per usual and a tiny apple grabbed on the way out the door to the Vet's for the first visit. Has anyone seen the fabby little packs of tiny apples available right now in the supermarkets? They are perfect and only about 50g each so make a great snack to give you energy without filling you up too much. I had my porridge breakfast all planned, so upon my return home I made that. I found the Sainsbury's range equivalent of instant oats and they were fab. You are supposed to mix them with semi skimmed milk - lol I forgot that part and mixed with water instead. So a bowl of steaming hot porridge with a sprinkle of splenda and cinnamon a sliced banana and some raisins. It was heavenly. Filled me up, warmed me up and felt like proper comfort food. This is really odd as I have never in all my days been a massive porridge fan, and it was the one pack I would never touch!!!! It and it filled me up completely. Because I was then on tenterhooks for the rest of the day, I actually forgot to eat. By 5pm I was a bit light headed so had a cup of tea with milk and got dinner on the go to eat early. Dinner was some of the 3 bean casserole I made a week or 2 ago (lol quickie defrost job) which is lush, it has baked beans, cannelini beans and chickpeas in a tomato and herb sauce. I added a bit of spice to that to give it a mexican kick. Then the meatballs, also made with mexican spice. So Mexican fiesta was on the cards. I did have an avo to make guacamole but had given up on the cooking by then, so had the meatballs on the bean casserole with a side of broccoli and green beans, topped off with a spoon of fat free creme fraiche. It was gorgeous. Probably would have been better with the salsa and guacamole but I can always cook it again!!! Pud was some apple, raisin and plum compote with a cherry yoghurt and a jelly. I realised when I totted up the calories that I was very low for the day (having skipped lunch and snacks) so decided on 2 packs as a late night snack instead of the 1 you are supposed to have in week 9. I didn't feel too bad about this as it isn't a bad food choice and I have realistically been having 1 pack only for the last 2 weeks. Even with the packs my cals were a bit lower than usual.

One thing struck me yesterday, that I did not automatically turn to food in a time of great stress. Nor did I even think of my favourite painkiller of old - the glass of wine - which in this case would have been a bottle!!! I did consider having a cup of tea with sugar when I got home after the second vet visit, because I did get very faint whilst there with the shock of it all. God how embarrasing to collapse in the Vet's office!!! I score vets with double the bedside manners of doctors, since they take as good care of the human patients as they do of the animals. I decided against the sugar, because I thought "well what good would it do me apart from cause me guilt, food has never fixed things in the past so why would it fix it now?" Settled for a cuppa with milk and 3 sweetners not the usual 2. Seems I am actually learning something on this RTM lark after all.

Jez
xx

your doing great jez :) (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Sending my love to you Jez. I couldn't bring myself to look on here earlier. I have been thinking of you and your little one all day xxxx

RTM Day 58 (Week 9)

So another stressy day, but I tried to look after myself on the food front. Breakfast only happened after I took Miss Lily in, so I had a lovely bowl of porridge with cinnamon and a sprinkle of splenda, swirled in some of my vanilla and berry compote a few fresh raspberries and a dollop of vanilla fat free Yeo Valley. It was delish. I did notice I was a bit crampy all day, but this can partly be attributed to feeling stressy. Sat and waited for news, so obviously couldnt think of eating but lots of ciggies inhaled and black coffee drunk!!!

Once I got the news that Lily was ok, I had a quick pop out to the shops to get a thank you card and some flowers for the vet, came back and had a bowl of home made pumpkin and ginger soup. I found some gorgeous extra lean dice pork shoulder in the supermarket. Inspiration struck, and in all times of crisis, what do we do? We cook! Found some more of the huge old cooking apples so popped one in the basket, came home and proceded to cook. Chopped some onion, celery and garlic "sauteed" that off, Diced the pork smaller and cut off any bits of fat that were still on there. Added that to the pan, browned it off then deglazed with some french apple cider vinegar. Chopped up some swede, butternut, carrot and parsnip. Added this and a bayleaf to the pot and topped up with veggie stock. Covered and simmered for 1 hour. Peeled some shallots and glazed them off with balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of splenda. Added these to the pot and a peeled and chopped apple. Simmered until the apple was just tender. Could have had some there and then, but settled on a cup of chai tea (the teabag variety) and a banana instead.

Fetched Miss Lily and as Sister Bliss and I were both starving we heated dinner straight away. So the ever so good pork and apple casserole with savoy cabbage and a little pasta. I really wanted to try it again to see if the cramping I experienced after it previously was just a one off. Obviously not, as I felt really crampy again.

Had some lovely apple compote with crazens, raisins pecans and a dollop of yoghurt. Have just had a jelly with some muller light and will finish off with an LL Hot Choc. This puts me on just slightly over the usual daily cals but since yesterday was low, it balances out. And again, I have not over indulged or indeed indulged in anything I shouldn't have so I am coping quite sucessfully. Giving myself a pat on the back here. I decided to miss class tonight, as picking up Lily was much more important. I gave LLC a call and hope he understands. There is always next week, and my weight seems to be ok, not dropping and not going up either.

Once again, thank you so much everyone for your suppport during this hard time. It really means the world to me.

Jez
xx

You have done incredibly well darling, I am so proud of you for not turning to food and drink. Shows what a long way you have come. Hope you and Ms Lily are having plenty of gentle cuddles tonight and sister Bliss sounds wonderful.

Hugs again hun xxx

Jez, big hugs. So glad Miss Lily is doing well. Please do continue to take care of yourself as after times of stress like this we can often feel washed out. Be good to yourself in non foody ways, not that you would turn to food as you seem to be coping really well with this hard time.

hi jez
hope miss l and you are doing ok
daisy x

Hi Jez

I'll miss your update tonight as I'm off to bed - I'm freezing cold and it's been a busy week and I'm away early tomorrow. Hope you are pulling through OK.

xx

RTM Day 59 (Week 9)

Thanks again all for your messages, Lily is doing really well, and eating a little, and absolutely over her bad humour from the vet. Infact she couldn't be more affectionate and cuddly if she tried. She had a peaceful nap under the duvet last night - must have been cold after the op- and decided bandages were not for her so pulled them off, but at least she is not pulling out the stitches she can remain bandage free. As for the plastic neck collar - she was having none of that at all - and cats when they DONT want, well nothing you as a mere mortal can do to change it. Besides I would rather not stress her out after all the stress of the last few days. Had half the morning off to spend with her before work, so we got the pills down - miraculously as she is not a good pill taker.

Breakfast for her was chopped raw chicken breast - lol mine was a lot tastier. I tried the Sainsbury's brand version of the special K with berries, had that with skimmed milk, a banana, 5g of crazens and a dollop of vanilla yoghurt. It was amazing to eat cereal again and I could have gobbled it up so made a point of eating slowly. I wanted to try this to see if the stomach cramps of yesterday were related to stress or something to do with the porridge. After the teeny bit of pasta I tried last night I realised agian - it does not agree with me atm, makes me feel too bloated by far. Headed off to work with lunch packed but never got to heat that up, so had some cold salmon instead and a few berries. Raced home to be with the pink one, and got supper on the go so we could eat earlyish tonight, think that helps a lot with the digestion too. So for dinner tonight - a warm version of a "nicoise" with trout. I hot roasted the trout fillets with dill, lemon and a little wholegrain mustard. Then did some roasted pepper, courgette and garlic in balsamic, blanched some fine beans, roasted a tomato and did roast slices of aubregine. Also boiled 2 little anya potatoes to make up 50g of starch (lovely and nutty but weirdly shaped) To serve the dish, I heated a spoon of passata with water, added the beans, roast veg 3 olives chopped and the potatoes finely sliced, placed the aubregine slices on a plate, topped with the "nicoise" mix and placed the trout on top of that with the roast tomato on the side. Spooned on a little fat free tzatziki. Ladies and Gents, try this at home, it was worth the effort, and soooooo good to eat. Pud was Sister Blisses Banana Flambe!! My new favourite thing. with cranberry yoghurt and a lime jelly, going to end the day off with a hot shake of some nature - just havent decided on the flavour.

Longish day tomorrow and going to have porridge to check if there is any effects, as today with the cereal was fine.

So until tomorrow

Jez
xx

Hi Jez
I'm so pleased that your furry girl is making good progress. xx

RTM Day 60 (Week 9)

Arrgh busy day, the credit crunch is a *****, too few people to do too much work and not enough hours in the damn day to get it all done!!! Bring on the weekend I say. Only got home an hour ago and have had dinner, so doing a quick log of today, and then grabbing a bath and bed, because tomorrow is another long one.

The usual black coffees, breakfast at about 10 of some porridge which I cooked with some berry and apple compote, a dollop of vanilla yoghurt and about 15g of raisins - it was so pretty and pink, really lovely for a breakfast treat. No cramps today so I guess it was stress that caused it on Tuesday not the porridge. I was absolutely freezing today, and actually could not feel my feet at one point (being in a cold industrial building with no heating will do that for a person) so eventually took a pair of socks, popped them into the hot cupboard to warm them up so I could eventually feel my feet!!!! Lunch was kindly cooked by my sous chef, the most gorgeous fat free stirfry with chicken and prawns - my god that man has tricks, it did taste exactly like a proper take away, but now he has showed me his little trick I know how they get it so damn perfect and not a gram of fat. Made some gorgeous flapjacks today with raisins, coconut dried mango and dried pineapple - looking forward to being able to have those when I am finished RTM. Had a teensy weensy taste, but it has way too much sugar and fat for me to consider currently. Also made 2 batches of brownies - cappucino and chocolate, cherry walnut!! The smelt amazing, and I was so tempted. Headed off to the event which was for the olympic committee or something - all Very Posh!!! I was feeling very snacky when we got there, so had a sugar free jelly and an apple, still felt picky at 7pm and knew it was a long time till dinner. It all looked so tempting especially the little mini cottage pies!!! Just the right thing for this kind of weather. So I settled on the prawn and cucumber with sweet chilli. Totally fat free and low cal. but I did have an extra 3 of them just because they were nice!!!! Something I have not done to this point. I did think that although this was bad, it was also ok in a way. I could have had the cottage pie, I could have had little duck pancakes, I could have had mini tiramisu and lemon tart. Instead I chose a healthy fat free option. Still 50/50 about this in my head though. Walked to the station and got absolutely soaked, so was freezing all over again. The ever lovely Sister Bliss picked me up this side and had dinner all prepared. Chicken breast with fresh tomato and herb sauce, savoy cabbage, creamed leeks (well done with fat free philly) and roast root veg - parsnip, butternut and sweet potato. Stunning stuff indeed. I am quite full but low on cals so will have a jelly with vanilla yoghurt and then a shake before bed. I do enjoy a warm drink in the evenings now that it is so cold. Strangely for the first time, I felt like a drink in the pub after work, not because I wanted a drink but more because of the social, it used to be such a nice way to unwind way. We didn't end up going, and even if we had I doubt I would have had a glass of wine.

Busy and long day again tomorrow. So will be writing late in the evening again.

Have a fantastic Friday all

Jez
xx

Really miss you when you are on your long days Jez! You are doing so well on RTM with your eating. I would imagine it is harder now you have lost those boundaries of abstinence when the temptation is almost removed but you have ganed your own amazing strength and made the right choices. Well done honey.

Kat xx

You're doing so well Jez, especially with the nightmare week you've had. Just goes to prove, if you can face a week like that and not turn to food then you can face anything...I have total faith in you. I've no idea how you cope with your horrendous working hours though, that would put a strain on anyone....you are a saint.

As I've said in my thread, hope you're next week is better than the last and have a good weekend if the shopping trip is still going ahead. Catch up when I get back and will send you some lovely piccies of the scenery.

RTM Day 61 (Week 9)

Another day, another dollar!!! Long day today, but productive. Even managed to get some baking done - toffee, banana and walnut muffins and bitter chocolate, raspberry and white chocolate muffins! Sadly can't eat any, but will take a plate of them and the brownies to the Vet's tomorrow morning for a little treat for them. Miss Lily continues to do well, and is eating a little more, but is still incredibly needy and clingy, really won't leave me alone and just wants cuddles. I off course am more than happy to oblige.

Breakfast only slotted in at 10:30 today and it was exactly the same as yesterday's because I enjoyed it so much. Porridge with berries and apple compote, a few raisins and a dollop of vanilla yoghurt. It really is very filling and just keeps you going the whole morning. I think it is having an affect on my weight though. I seem to have put on a little - well on my scale since I missed class this week. So as much as I love it, it is back to the yoghurt and fruit with porridge only occasionally. I should probably have the odd protein breakfast with egg or something, but will probably venture into that when I am out of rtm.

With all the work to be done and prepping for the 2 afternoon/evening tastings and various people popping in and out Lunch did not happen. When we were driving over to South Wimbledon I realised I was absolutely starving! Nothing I could do about it as my bag wth the bar in it was in the boot. Traffic was a mare (rain brings the freaks out) Got to the tastings in the nick of time, and litereally gobbled a jelly before I started plating up. When that tasting was done I managed to sit down with some chicken breast, salad leaf, tomberries and a tablespoon of roasted root veg. Cracked on with the second tasting which was for a wedding so it took ages as brides need lots of talking too, and a lovely couple they were. Finally got out of work at 8pm and headed home. Sister Bliss had yet again made gorgeous dinner, salmon with spinach, green beans, cauli puree and sweet potato puree with a roasted tomato to squish for sauce. I can't believe I am such a fish lover now. She made a really interesting pud which looked great all done up in a glass - berry compote topped with a weight watchers strawberry whip, with a couple of fresh raspberries on the top. Sadly the whip part was very artificial tasting so will not be buying that again. Might have a jelly later if I feel the need, but am quite full up at the moment. Still should have a shake or a bar, but don't know if I will manage that either. It will probably just be a cup of tea or coffee. I did find, after being inspired by Kat and her skinny lattes, a nescafe skinny latte and cappucino range that you can just make in a cup. Not as good as a machine obviously but might hit the spot. They are only 50 odd calories, so will probably try one of those to see how it is.

Have loads of cooking and cleaning to do tomorrow. My cousins and my uncle (the one who's wife passed away in May when I started LL)are coming over for lunch on Sunday, so need to get the house in order and shop and prep lunch for Sunday. It will be great to see them as it has been ages and last time was obviously under very sad circs as it wasy my aunt's funeral.

More tomorrow :)

Jez
xx

Wow doing so well jez, love some of the
food choices :) and good that lily is doing well aswell :)

Hey hun

Hope you have had an enjoyable Saturday and got all your food prep sorted for tomorrow.

Hope you have a fabulous day with your cousins and your uncle. As you say, last time you saw them was under terribly sad circs so this time it should be more relaxed and able to enjoy each other's company.

How is Ms Lily today? <hugs to her>

I am enjoying the weekend. Rik is away at his parents. My 12 year old nephew is staying over tonight, we have just watched the football and now watching Strictly in wait for Xfactor! lol

Speak soon gorgeous!

Kat xx

RTM Day 62 (Week 9)

Gosh, it is late again, technically Sunday, but this is Saturday's post. Had a really busy day, fairy productive however. Early wake up and then took Miss Lily to the vet for her check up. Luckily the vet was thrilled with her progress, even though she has pulled a few of her stitches out. I took along the muffins, flapjacks and brownies for everyone in the surgery for their tea. I think they were really chuffed, Gawds I am such a feeder!!! Still nothing nicer than seeing people really happy, and they were. Lots of rushing around to pick up supplies, got some really nice fruit and veg today so absolutely thrilled with how exciting my fridge and fruit bowl are looking. A glorious load of heritage/heirloom (pick your preferance) tomatoes which I plan to eat on Monday with some basil, red onion and fresh mozzarella because oh yes it is about to be cheese week!!! Also a gorgeous candy striped aubregine, some more of my favourite smoked garlic and the nicest apples I have seen all season! I love the fact that I am soooooo totally over excited by fresh produce agian. OOh nearly forgot, I also found some great fresh asparagus and a 2 for 1 on raspberries. I am hooked on the fabulous little berries. Sister Bliss has been busy decorating yet more of the Xmas cakes, so I busied myself in the kitchen getting food ready for tomorrow. Sadly my Uncle won't be able to make it, but my cousins are coming. Decided since the pork casserole I made the other day with the root veg and apple was so fab, it would be great for tomorrow, especially as the weather is so pants! So got a big pot of that on, made a load of celeriac mash, more compotes, and a huge old tray of roast veg for the week ahead. Makes life much easier when you have things around to grab and heat up. I am also conscious of the fact that I have a busy week coming up so it saves loads of time.

Food wise today, has been wonderful, Yoghurt and banana for breakfast. Technically I should have had the porridge today, but ran completely out of time so will have that tomorrow. Technically I still only have it for 6 days out of the 7. Think I will miss it for the next few week.The plan is some pancakes tomorrow with fresh fruit and yoghurt!!! Can't wait. I adore pancakes. I haven't really used flour this week, so it will be another grand experiment. I do wonder if I should be dicking about like this, but feel I am in an adult enough state to manage what I am doing so will see how it goes with the scales on Tuesday.

Quickie Starbucks small skinny latte for morning tea, I love, love, love them. On days like today, it is just so satisfying. Only ended up having lunch really late, and had as a treat some covent garden Lentil and smoked bacon soup. My first lentils on RTM and it was exactly what the doctor ordered!!! I am absolutly planning a pot of lentil soup to go onto the stove tomorrow night, and a nice french lentil casserole to have with various meats during the week. Snacked on a peach whilst cooking. And eventually sat down to dinner. The famous late night breakfast!! Some gammon (boiled then heated up) with a "fried" egg, baked beans, grilled tomato, grilled mushrooms (with the smoked garlic) a few sweet potato "chips" and a small side salad. I always used to have late night breakfast on cold sunday evenings, so it is great to be able to have it in a really healthy way and feel no guilt. Pud to follow, some of the new compote and blueberry yoghurt, and I really should have a pack today, as yesterday was my first pack free day, not great really to be skipping them at this point. Like Kat, I just sometimes battle to fit them in. Should I be having less normal food and making sure I keep the packs in??? I am really starting to believe there is hope for me to maintain my weight loss into the future. It is possible, I have made some serious mental changes and the way I eat has changed. Things I never ate before are now firm favourites, I look forward to fruit and veg in a way I never have in my entire life. I get tremendous satisfaction from my new eating habits, and in general am feeling quite proud of myself!!! Who would have thought it!!??

Looking forward to a happy day with family tomorrow. After a fabulous sleep in my warm bed tonight (with a very warm and cuddly Miss Lily)

Jez
xx

Back