Jezebella's Journal

wow that sounds like a long day hun!

Can't believe they haven't replaced your laptop! ight ar*es!!

Your food blogs are great to read hun! I am looking forward to red onion!

A long shot but are you ever anywhere near Paddington station on a Monday from about 1730-1840? lol

Kat xx

Jez is it possible to tell me if we are allowed tuna in sunflower oil?

I would imagine not Ken as that would be particularly high in fat & calories! You need to get the one in spring water or brine.

Check out the calories/fat on the side of the can - it will make a huge difference.

Kat xx

Jez is it possible to tell me if we are allowed tuna in sunflower oil?

Yeah the Tuna in sunflower oil was 107 cal
I'll check the fat content and stuff too

I love Tuna
in brine though, but at the mo i'm loving quorn :)

Ken, darling, try vary the food choices a bit or you will get bored and then potentially eat something you shouldnt. Sorry just my 2 cents, but variety is the spice of life after all? And you had loads of sameness with food packs. Food needs to be exciting which stops us being tempted by the naughtier things. Tuna fresh is amazing,but I am a big fan of tinned tuna in brine/spring water (even better less salt) with yoghurt, herbs, bit of gherkin, spring onion, etc or chopped tomato, cucumber, olives and mediterranean herbs. Give it a whirl sometime.

Jez
xx

RTM Day 66 (Week 10)

Another one bites the dust!! And another one's gone, lol all obviously inspired by Queen week on X factor. So another day down and closer to the big bad world of no limits. I think though I will still be fairly limiting on myself, it will take me a long time to widen the boundries from my lovely little RTM safety net. Knowing I can eat anything is there, but I also don't really want to. I guess I will have to try a few bits now and again though. One of the chefs made a fab beef stew today, pretty low fat, but I know he put oil in it. They all kept saying to me at lunch time, come on have some, you need to eat now, you are too thin, one day you have to eat things with oil etc. Realistically the amount of oil I would have had in 1 portion would have been small, but I turned it down. Just a bit too scared of it as yet.

So the food for today. For some reason, probably because my sister offered it to me, and because I was barely awake, I had half a banana really early before I left for work. Shouldn't have done it really as I wasn't hungry at the time, and it certainly made me hungrier earlier in the morning. Breakfast at about 10 of a bowl of porridge with banana, raisin, a little warmed berry and apple compote for the pretty pink colour and a spoon of Vanilla Yoghurt. I adore the porridge and it is so comforting on a cold day. Cup of tea with milk, mid morning, just felt the need for it. Lunch,well you have read the debacle, but I ended up having just what I planned which was ace! Some of the Root veg soup (carrot, parsnip, butternut and orange) with a few prawns fried in lemon and chilli to pop into it, and a spoon of fat free yoghurt on top. It looked incredible, such a bright and gorgeous colour. The prawns were hot as hell from the chilli though, and I can eat hot things, but even my nose was streaming from this!! The yoghurt helped though <G>

Went off to do an event at a very posh clothes shop on Regent Street tonight. Got there for 4:30 and by 6:30 was hungry so had a little of the seared tuna with a bit of papaya salsa. About 50g worth so not too bad. I specifically didn't take dinner, as we were only serving cold canapes so no oven at all. Also dinner was alredy planned, and the lovley Miss Bliss was heating it up. I ended up having an apple and cup of coffee with milk too, as I was really getting hungry and it was that or bad for me canapes, and baby lemon tarts!!! I think it is easier to make a better choice if you are prepared and have options. It is when you don't and are hungry that the problems will slip in. As I try so hard to listen to my body and actually eat when I am hungry these days.

Dinner was wonderful. Lamb cannon on the french lentil ragout with fine beans, beetroot and some savoy cabbage. Very posh nosh, and I would have paid good money for that if I had been out in a restaurant. Lol one of the serious joys of being a chef - restaurant style food at home every night if I want it!!!

Pud is going to be apple and raisin compote with yoghurt and jelly. And I plan a shake to finish off with. Probably a chocolate - yummmmmmm, or maybe a banana, ooh decisions decisions!!

Yesterday was probably my highest cal day ever. Pud after my lovely chicken main course, was something Bliss rustled up, a lovely set quark and lime jelly pudding with ginger, and a few fresh raspberries with yoghurt. Then before bed a peanut bar with on of the most divine instant cappucinos I have ever had!! Nescafe have a new light version out of the instant cappucino and lattes. Hearing about Kat's coffee machine inspired me to try them as I love my coffees, but don't have a machine yet (lol not Xmas pressie hinting to the family here or anything <G>) so got some to try and they are really fab, well worth a try.

So tomorrow is another late one with an evening tasting on. Friday night is going to be heading to ikea to get a mattrass pad!! I want soft snuggly sleep.

Have a great Thursday all

Jez
xx

After this week jez I will be mixing it up :) and I will be using some of your recipes :)
and i am
def
buying the dolce gusto coffee machine :)

Last edited:
the matress pads are great jez
get as thick a one as you can - they really make a difference.
when i got a new mattress last year i got a memory foam topped one which is lovely, but the pads are a great cheaper alternative - the kids have them too
daisy x

Thanks for the suggestions for the Tofu paper - I found that one with green onions and it sounds great. I get cooked veg tonight so going to have a lovely Tofu stirfry. I might try the paper as noodles on Friday. As for the rice paper - all through abstinence I have been craving some Vietnamese spring rolls that I had in a fantastic Thai restaurant in South Norwood. They were identical to some I had in Thailand - the flavours were amazing for something so simple.

It would be great to hear if your fellow chefs have any other suggestions - Google is not coming up with too many options!

See that's the thing about you ladies you mix it all up vary your menus
us guys especially me I like the simple things in life :)

Ken you're not the only one! I like simple and to the point food too, I mean everyone's an individual, if you aren't getting bored of the food, then it's ok! :D It's all about individual choices and being healthy about it all. ;)

As for coffee machines... Personally I enjoy a really strong and aromatic esspresso (none of this latte/cappuccino girly stuff!!!), so I have a Nespresso machine, absolutely wonderful. They do models that make latte's and cappuccino's and these machines are top of the range! :D

Nespresso (United Kingdom): A perfect coffee, unique machines

I choose Dolce Gusto everytime! lol :)

Yeah minErva I might even get the neperesso
machine, and I love simple
food it's easy and not once have I been tempted to have bad food,i'm
loving my apple compote :)

Ken, what week are you in? You are not eating enough calories, you should be increasing that.

Kat xx

I'm week 7 yeah I know i'm
eating nowhere enough calories especially with the exercise
I
am doing, I think next week is my last week
on rtm
I believe according to my llc as she wants to cut it short

yeah but Ken, what do you want? I am on approx 800cals a day in week 3!

Kat xx

Yeah i'm on about 1000+

Haha I'm confusing lol too be honest it's between 700-1200 days differ like yday I know I had approx 700, the thing is I'm getting full

They teach us to listen to our bodies and that is what you are doing Ken :)

Kat xx

Haha I'm confusing lol too be honest it's between 700-1200 days differ like yday I know I had approx 700, the thing is I'm getting full

Back