Jezebella's Journal

How lovely to have such a special cat Min, what is his name, and what kind of cat is he. He is lucky to have such a special Mum :)

Jez
xx

RTM Day 72 (Week 11)

I was nackered this morning, and wonder if this made me feel a little hungrier than usual or if it was down to the bread I had yesterday?

Got into work and cracked on with making the Xmas cakes, they are gorgeous and it was such fun making them. Also put on a bit pot of Xmas Mince for mince pies. Did actually have a teeny taste of this, a bit naughty, but I wasnt eating spoonfuls out of the pot as I would have done.

I ended up having breakfast quite late - after 11am, but it was worth the wait. Toasted cinnamon bagel with extra light philly (mixed with a little vanilla essence, cinnamon and 5g of raisins) topped this off with sliced banana. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, might try this again in a week or 2 with some sunflower seeds and linseeds sprinkled into the philly. It was very filling however, and the fullness after this kind of carb is different to that of any other. I still havent had a really bad reaction to the bread yet, which I am pleased about, as it is something I would like to continue having although not in the quantities I did before. I think I will also be sticking to wholmeal, rye and more artisnal breads in the future instead of sliced white!!!

Slaved away for a few more hours, then realised I should have some lunch as it was almost 4pm and I had to leave to get to class. Quickly heated some of the brown lentil soup and added 40g sliced chicken to this. Yummy, but wish I had have checked with Bliss what was on the agenda for dinner tonight as it was lentils!! So it has been a very lentilly day for me.

Raced home, ran in grabbed a mug of tea, said hi to the guy fixing the boiler!! Thank god it was easy to fix, and raced off to class. Only 2 of us tonight, although 2 others arrived right at the end, so it was very nice and relaxed and more just a free chat than anything too serious. I do adore my councillor he is absolutely wonderful and has such a great way of putting things. I really would not miss class for the world, it is my private time for me alone once a week, which is so important when you have a busy schedule. I always come away from it feeling revitalised and ready for the week ahead.

I was peckish when I got home so had a small banana whilst Bliss finished off the dinner. The lovely curried lentils with some salmon, broccoli and a spoon of raita and salsa. Even though I had the lentils at lunch I really enjoyed the dinner. We did have a good laugh about the fact that such a small meal is now so filling. Quite bizzare.

Pud was mixed fruit compote, the ubiquitous sprinkle of almonds and raisins, orange jelly and mandarin yoghurt. Really don't have space for a bar tonight, although I have had one late night for the last 2 nights. Busy day tomorrow and I will be out and about for most of it, so will have a porridge breakfast with some fruit and take a bar and another piece of fruit out and about with me. Thinking of a pita with chicken and salad tomorrow night, as I have the small wholwheat pitas around, so will try one, then I will have tried bread over 3 meals and 3 different times of the day to judge just how it is making my body feel.

Other exciting news....... Bliss spoke to G tonight and Mr Chai the lovely Oriental Red Spotted boy with be moving in with us in late January. So the ever lovely Miss Lily will have 2 new little companions and we will be a happy 3 cat household. Certainly will be a shock to Lily, 2 little terrors tearing about the place.

Still we cannot wait. Sunday will then be a trip to Kent to visit the young and ever so lovely Chai. Saturday will be work, but hey it's the season for eventing, tra la la la laaaaaaa, la la la laaaaaaaa!!

Jez
xx

Wow Jez, you are almost done on RTM! It is incredible we are here eh! Week 4 starts for me tomorrow! I am level headed and feeling rational again at the moment which is a good feeling.

You have been such a fabulous inspiration honey :)

Kat xx

Oh curried lentils....sounds yum. and OMG the bagel sounded fab too. I've still not had any bagels. For such a long time that was my breakfast. Funny how there are things that we associate as bad so don't want to go there but in fact nothing is bad, it's just how we include things in our overall eating pattern.

Lovely to hear about the new companions for Miss L....:)

Jez - you write just as if you're chatting to me. It's fabulous to read how you're getting on and what thoughts and questions, observations and asides you have in your day. Bagel and cream cheese I have had - but the addition of vanilla essence, cinnamon, raisins and banana - WOW.

Love to hear more about the new kitten on Sunday. Now, what about the date?

xx

I will have a think about the fruit compotes - I am very much a cold, whole fruit kinda gal! Really enjoying raspberries, blueberries, satsumas, plums and cox apples at the mo. I am a crunchy texture person so not sure a compote would work with me but will give them a shot at home stage I am sure!

Kat xx

Cooking of Veg woohooo and the wonderful fruit compotes can now enter your life!!

Enjoy sweets!!

Jez
xx

Jez wow the lentil soup sounds lush with chicken :)
what else could I mix in a fruit compote

Ooooooooooh Jez, I hope Miss Lilly appreciates the young company about to arrive in january !! She is so used to getting all the attention. I'm just looking at my lovely snuggly Mayfair here.
She's a Mummy's girl. i think she'd hate interlopers.
I have started adding some powdered ginger(very warming) to the cinnamon with my morning porridge as well as the fruit, yog and spoonful of honey - a veritable feast, but it keeps me going for the whole morning.
I love it.

can i just ask what honey you lovely ladies use? my fav back when was the pure new zealand honey

I like to use a variety depending on what mood I am in, or rather I did pre LL. I like flowery honeys, so orange blossom, lavender etc, eucalyptis is quite nice too, as is acacia. I always have about 2 or 3 types in the house. Manuka honey is excellent too but quite expensive. Just have a look about next time you are in the shops, there are so many varieties!!

Kat re the compotes, not something I ever really ate before, and as you know I am totally hooked. Don't cook the fruit too soft so you still have texture, also the more varieties in the compotes the more the textures vary. When you can add nuts and dried fruits, sprinkle them on for extra crunch!! Hot for breakfast or late evening they are fantastic and feel very treaty. Especially when added to porridge or stirred hot into cold yoghurt!! Hahahahaha can you tell I am addicted???

Will keep you all updated on Chai and my little baby once I have gone to see her, we will need to run a poll for a few ideas for her name, although I am a firm believer that cats absolutely tell you the name they want to be called.

SB, Lily is, as you know very much a princess and will find it hard at first to have new little interlopers, but cats are in essence social creatures and they will all settle in just fine after a few days of kitty stand offs!! She will always be the matriach so they will know who is boss!!

Journal to follow shortly.

Jez
xx

I absolutely "love" raspberries with fat free natural yog or from frais and warm peanut bar crumbled over the top :)

I will defo be trying the sprinkle of nuts over the top of some fat free natural yoghurt with a swirl of honey when I can!

I had a fruit salad tonight of apple, plum, blueberries and pear, wasn't as good as kiwi & raspberry - I am defo a berries girl!

Kat xx

Honey

There are so many different ones. I go for the pure natural honeys, clear runny ones as I can't be tempted to have too much and it stirs in easily or drizzles beautifully on the top of fruit, porridge, yogurt etc.
If I need a treat I'll buy Manuka. I can't tell if it's really doing me more good or if that's mostly hype. There are different Manukas too, some very expensive.
I buy local honeys when I see them on sale and I looooove honey with the honeycomb in the jar.
Golden nectar.
How wonderful to think that bees make this glorious natural product for us, though I have read that the bee population is under threat of extinction.
I do hope not.
James, enjoy trying different honeys, they are all subtly different.

RTM Day 73 (Week 11)

Well it looks like it might finally just happen!! An early night! Well an early ish night, but I will be in bed before midnight for a change :)

Had a very easy and laid back day for a change too, which was a welcome respite. Like most people at this time of year, there seems to be so much to do and not enough time to do it in. Also I am conscious of the fact that there is such a short time till Christmas and so many events until then.

Had breakfast early as planned well by 9amish, Porridge with a few crazens, vanilla yoghurt and some stewed plums. Abslutely gorgeous because it was sooooooo bloody cold at work today!! My boss came through so made her some too which she really enjoyed. We chatted over a coffee then headed of to the Albert Hall for the tasting - more Brits stuff. We got there with loads of time to spare so caught up with some cheffy mates - always fab catching up on all the gossip :)

The tasting went well and they loved what we presented. Always cause for a celebration, one of the guys really adored my porcini jam, so I ended up giving him a jar to take home. I had taken a bar with me and an apple, but didn't manage to sit down and eat. Had a starbucks skinny latte and a small taste of 2 terrines (a wild mushroom and the roast veg) and 4 veggie crisps. A bit naughty I guess. Waited for my boss to finish and got some orders done. She was delayed so called us a cab to get us back to base. Quick cup of coffee and then headed home. Traffic was even ok, so was home by 5:30, which just gave me so much more time to get things done. Decided I should eat something so heated a small bowl of celeriac, fennel and apple soup, and had some cooked chicken with that. Caught up on a bit of housework, then had a lovely long bath. I had some lovely sirloin off cuts about so dinner for this evening was Faijtas. I sauteed some peppers,smoked garlic, and red onion with a bit of corriander. Marinaded the beef which I had cut ultra thin, with some bbq spice and faijita spice, sauteed this off, served in a BGTY Tortilla with some salsa, fresh avo and a bit of creme fraiche - very very good it was!..Whilst all this was cooking I also put on a huge batch of Ratatouille so that should last a while. Tomorrow will be a root veg prep day - so lots of lovely roasted root veggie bits. Also need to do a fe more compotes for home - have loads at work. Pud was a stewed apple with raisins and pecan and pistachio sprinkle and a cranberry yoghurt. Just time for a coffee before bed, a few minutes of the book then some quality sleep. I should probably have a bar as my cals are a bit low, but will see how I feel just now.

I am really happy that I have not had any reaction to bread so far, and even happier that I finally seem to be a bit more relaxed about RTM - hahahahaha about bloody time too in week 11. I focussed far too much initially on doing it perfectly 100% like I did abstinence, but RTM is about making adult choices for ourselves. I think I am learning to do that. Still lots of road to travel on this one but my feet are on the right path.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day and that tomorrow is even better :)

Jez
xx

weekends almost upon us and my experimenting begins :) will def be making home made peanut butter :) wahey

Nice to see you chilled baby and having a less hectic day.
Enjoy the beauty sleep.
:zz:

Ta hun, kettle is on for tea, having my last ciggie of the night and Miss Lily is already curled up - Yay for early nights!!

Jez
xx

night night honey xx

Morning gorgeoUs ladies

Good evening. I have had an eventful day. I'm off to the theatre with my husband now, hopefully i can come back when I get home, for a catch up.
Hope you've had a good day .

Back