Jezebella's Journey Forward

Peony my darling, those are still my old stats lol, havent changed them... but I am about 4 or 5 lbs off where I want to be again, so should be there by end of Jan... well fingers crossed. How is Dukan going for you? Can you pm me some more info about it?

We must still arrange to meet up one day.

J
xx

Doh! Still sounds like you are very close to getting there!
Hmm, Dukan. The jury is out. I am giving it till the end of January as I think you have to give things a bit of a fair go but I am not seeing the sort of results I'd have hoped for and that others seem to see.

I am 3 lbs down 10 days in. Yes a loss is a loss but at this rate I'll never be back in my slinky summer clothes in time for my hols late May. Official weigh in day is Thursday and by the end of the month I will have been just over 2.5 weeks at it and am looking for at least a 7lb loss by then. If it is just under I may stick it out longer, if not then it is a few months on exante for me.

Things I like about Dukan:
If I have the desperate urge to eat and potentially fall off the wagon there is always something legal I can put in my mouth like sliced ham or chicken.

I can have the occasional 0% fat Total yoghurt which is a lovely treat.

I can drink coffee with skimmed milk and treat self to a small skinny cappuccino at Costa with my friends after school drop off once or twice a week.

I don't feel hungry.

I don't miss carbs on my plate

Things I don't like about Dukan:
It is very expensive, I am not a fan of chicken breast as I find it dry so alternatives I am allowed tend to be v. exp ie salmon/cured salmon/sea bass/prawns etc.

I AM NOT LOSING WEIGHT FAST ENOUGH FOR MY LIKING!!!

I know I know, I AM losing but us past VLCDers are used to amazing results and fast lol!

I am inclined to think it is me and not the diet as at the end of my time on Exante the scales stuck for weeks. I think my body is particularly reluctant to let go of the fat. There is no guarantee that I'd have lost any more on packs the last 10 days which is the main reason I am sticking it out a bit longer.

I am just a bit reluctant to go back on packs as by being able to have a bit of skimmed milk and the occasional Costa it make the diet feel doable over a long time period (this small allowance affects me mentally a huge amount).

I like knowing I can incorporate it into daily life - ie a night out this Thursday at a curry house and I know I will be able to eat a dry salmon starter and a dry chicken main.

I wonder what the effect of having a small amount of skimmed milk daily and the occasional pure protein meal would be on Exante. I am so used to following pack diets 100% abstinent that I can't imagine supplementing them with something along these lines - do you think it would have much effect on results?

Sorry dear Jez I have hijacked your diary with my musings! this is all stuff I really should have put in my diary!

Let me know if there is anything specific I can let you know about Dukan. Are you interested in the maintenence bit?

love to you
xxxx

Hey gorgeous Peony

Thanks for the info, also watched that crash diet program tonight where I saw a bit more about Dukan. I think protein suits me, so might just in the future try to do one protein only day, see how that sits with me. Glad to hear you are seeing a physio and starting to be able to excercise again. I must start swimming again too. How are the losses going? Hopefully well for you.It has been a busy week agian, and working late tomorrow night again too - arrrrrrgh, but next week is not too bad. I promise as soon as I have more time will send you a long mail about the ex boy, lol and the nice new guy who is texting me..

Speak soon

J
xx

Hi Jezza
You have really piqued my interest now - what boy who has been texting you?! Details Details lol!

Happy to say my body has finally got its act together as far as Dukan goes. I have hit the 7lb mark in 2 weeks which is ahead of my target. And I know that officially that should all be fat and none of it should be glycogen as I think that all went the week before I started Dukan when I had a week of the Kelloggs special K challenge.

So I am pleased with the results, and I am pleased with the relative ease Dukan fits into my life - I am out tonight at an Indian for example and know I will be fine to order a dry salmon starter and a tandoori mixed grill without it impacting on my goals. I have mentally comitted to another month on Dukan (till end Feb) and will assess where I am and where I am going again then. Staying on Dukan if it is still going well, switching to packs if not.

I think that having a pure protein day once a week when you are back at your goal would be a great way to help you in maintenence. And don't forget you will also be able to eat virtually fat free dairy on that day too. Even a skinny cappuccino! Ans what with you being a clever chef you would walk it! (I don't know how non cooks manage on Dukan, all they must eat must be processed ham!)

Well looking forward to hearing more from you when you get a mo.

Much love honey
xxxxxx

1 Febrary 2011

Well, it is done!!!! Lost the stone I needed to loose and in under a month so well chuffed with myself :) I decided there was no point in feeling guilt and trauma for my little gain, I was completely conscious of what I was doing to my body when I was eating like a silly person over november and december. But I gave myself that time, played with my boundaries, realised my limits and set a date on fixing the little problem. I am glad to say that I maintained pure abstinence though this time it did provide a few more mental challenges, probably because I had less to loose and because nobody seemed to have noticed the gain, but I did, and it bugged me!!! So I did some adult stuff and got my control back. I feel so much better for it, and feel back in control and ready to face the year :) Think I am heading off to What Katie Did on Sunday for my treat to myself if i lost the weight... shall update you all on this <G> it might be a very naughty little treat indeed, but not food related.

So today was the day of 3 packs and a light protein and salad based meal. I only had 1 pack today as it was sooo busy and I was running around all over London. Dinner was about half a chicken breast, with some green salad with tomato, pepper and raddish, and a little fat free dressing topped off with a grilled mushroom. I forgot just how full you feel when you eat again, but also how much of an explosion of flavour you get in your mouth when you eat again.

So realistically still 2 packs to go, but god I feel far to full, will see how I manage to squeeze them in. Happy happy joy joy though, I have in my little LL bag 2 of the new toffee bars with the rice crispies in, so will make sure one of my packs tonight is that !!!

Anyhoooooooooo, will continue to update the food side on here, as it isnt fair on those in abstinence to do the food talk.

Very nervous as I have a date tomorrow night, not sure what to wear etc, so wish me luck all :)

J
xx

Congratulations on completing your monthly body blitz honey! :)
Proud of you xx

Oooooh, a date Jez. Can't wait. You are probably out now!!!!!
Don't forget to tell us how it goes.
And well done on the alien stone gone.
Congratulations xxx

Hey doll
Really well done on getting back on track weightwise. Fantabulous!!!
Now then spill the beans on this date!
xxxx

nice one - how did the date go?
daisy x

Lol, ok, date was nice, very sweet guy etc, he paid - i did have 2 naughty glasses of wine, which did go to my head rather, but he had a lot more than that so I felt fine about it.... not great as it was too early in RTM but hey ho. Nice and all as he was I dont think I felt that spark... had no real desire to snog his face off or anything.... so will see him one more time and make sure i havent overlooked anything before calling it a day and moving on to new pastures... more fish in the sea so to speak ;P

But have been quite naughty and texted the ex who i still fancy like mad and looks like we will have catch up drinks fairly soon!!! not sure what it is about him as he is bad news but omg I fancy him to death!!!!

I had a fab but busy weekend!! worked late friday night, and Saturday had a haircut, and a waxing appointment, then a friend over for lunch. Spent the evening being all crafty and making home made soaps!! Great to make pretty things that smell good and are not edible!!!! Sunday headed out to London Bridge with friends and bliss, had a healthy lunch then went off to Portobello Road. Trawled along there for a bit, and headed to my favourite shop!! What Katie Did!!! Well I went in to buy a waspie I had my eye on, but erm, ended up spending a whole lot more, and now probably wont be able to go out for the rest of the month!!! but I am now the proud owner of yet more gorgeous lingerie (ok need to show this off to a man soon!!) and the most beautiful purple velvet underbust corset!! This is corset number 2, but this is at least slightly more practical to wear than the full one... amazing how a little bit of corsetry can really show off a girl's curves... manage to get my waist down to about 23 inches and this is without any proper waist training!!!! I promise to take pics to put up here asap!!! The RTM is going ok... but still find the eating of food a bit weird... didnt expect that to happen again.. but pressing on with it.

J
xx

Well ladies, good news, my weight is wonderfully stable! RTM almost done, then a nice low carb month for me. had a wonderful class tonight, it just gelled brilliantly with the right mix of people all in the same kind of place. I cannot stress how important group is for proper weight maintenance, and I have realised that being busy and not making enough time for me over November and December to force work to allow me to have at least 1 evening at group every 2 weeks, just didnt help.We all think we can go it alone so to speak, but we need the help of chatting to like minded people and also to check in on weight maintenance. it almost became for me out of sight out of mind, whilst I was busy and that is where my little slip up happened... No matter what, I really do have to force the issue with work and make sure I get to group at least once or twice a month. So feeling rather happy, also have decided I really dont fancy the guy from the other night, but texts have been sporadic so hopefully it peters out of its own accord. Onwards and forwards, I am faaaaar too fabulous to waste too much time. It was actually quite a revalation in group tonight when I realied that for once I had put a price on myself, and not allowed myself to get carried way, just because someone fancied me... I realised that for once i am actually putting me and what I want first for a change. totally awesome :)

J
xx

Yeah Jez,
Powerful stuff. It's that old message we always forget:
"If you don't value yourself, how can you expect other to"
I'm so glad you are feeling good. Congratulations.
Also, you don't need to be grateful when someone fancies you, you know someone else will too. Hurrah xx

Too right darling! You ARE way too fabulous to waste time.
We all are and it's funny how we seem to forget that when buried under the pressure and desperation of being overweight.
Like my best friend says...
Neeeext!!!
;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Neeeeeeeeeeext indeed, thanks for the kind words ladies!!! I feel really positive, that this year I might actually meet someone decent and worthy of me :)

J
xx

I Love your last post Jez darling, so so happy you are finally admitting to yourself just how damn fabulous you are both on the inside and on the outside. YAY JEZ!! Really cheered me up reading that!

Also so true that out of sight out of mind. when we take our eye off the ball it is frightening how quickly we can get off track. I really agree with all your comments.

Good luck with the low carbing. I adore how easy it is to fit into every day life. I did lunch with the school mummies today at a real foodie pub and was able to have the yummiest lunch of a spanish starter served as a main - manchego cheese, a selection of spanish cured meats with a couple of cornichons/sliced mild onions and a few leaves. Higher in fat than I eat as a rule day to day but nonetheless v low carb and should not impact on the weightloss.

A couple of other products that you may find useful: I have today converted to Alpro light soy milk in my coffee as it has negligible carbs compared with milk. Does have a bit of a taste but I think i will get used to it and it helps me keep to my daily target of 40-50g carb. I am also loving the 2 chicks liquid egg white which they do in Sainsbury's and Waitrose. Can use for scrambled eggs and avoid all the cholesterol and fat in the egg yolks. A breakfast with those and some lean grilled bacon is yummy. Also get in plenty of total 0% greek yog and throw in a table spoon or two of oatbran for breakfast - really quick and tasty.
Apart from all that my fridge is stuffed with ham, cooked chicken and smoked fish. (and a shameful quantity of coke zero :eek:)

Good luck with the next step of your journey.

xxxxxx

Yay, hello peony darling

So good to hear from you!!! i have soya milk at work, so might give it a try, but I drink a negligable amount of milk anyway, no more than 1 cup of tea or coffee with milk in it per day, and it is skim so probably should be ok... Glad you are finding a plan that works for you.. I will certainly have the odd carb, but they will be low gi as I seem to be ok with them, but stick mainly to meat and salads and green veg, or very early rtm veg... I will have the odd glass of vino, but apart from the little I had last week, I havent touched any since. Tempted tonight, but keep putting it off, as I know the feeling will pass. I am quite good at "deferring" my pleasures so to speak, which as we discussed in class is quite a useful tool to keep in the old weight management arsenal.

How is the excercise going? Any news from Mel?

Hope you are well my sweets, and yes I am glad I am in a much happier place where the men are concerned. Still have a hankering for "the boy" and we are probably meeting for drinks next week. I think partly because I want to see how I feel around him, and partly because I still fancy the ****ing pants off him, but now that I am back in my power so to speak, I will probably give off a less stressed out vibe which might make things better... or I might see him and realise its good its over :)

Time will tell.. but keeping busy at work, have the Brits next Tuesday and lots of tastings on, and still trying to be social etc :)

speak soon gorgeous

j
xx

Hello, hello

Another lovely weekend!! Had Friday off and met with my aunt for lunch in the city. We had a tremendous time, went to 2 very old pubs, one in Hatton Gardens (the jewellery is to die for ladies) called the Mitre, which is from about 1400 odd, totally wonderful and out of the way and another on Fleet street called the Cheshire cheese, which was re opened in 1667!! sawdust on the floor and all. I was very restrained and only had 2 small glasses of wine and a skinny latte on the way home. A friend came over on Friday evening and I made thai green curry with loads of veg and a little chicken. I had only 1 tbs of rice with it and used light coconut milk for the curry which was cooked with no fat. I also made my own curry paste for it, so no oil there either. I did however have a cosmopolitan as dear friend brought all the bits over to make them.

Saturday was a long trip out to Kent to do a bit of a rescue mission for a friend, but popped into another friend for a coffee on the way and watched some fabulous comedy for about an hour. Headed home and had a lovely evening with the Sister, with a nice dinner of loadsa green veggies (broccoli puree, fine beans and savoy cabbage) beetroot puree (can you tell im into purees??) and a little bit of roasted parsnip and sweet potatoes. Served this up with some contra filleted sirloin (so no fat on there) I had only had yoghurt with a banana for breakfast and 3 ricecakes with light cottage cheese for lunch so really enjoyed dinner. Today was my treat day as I was meeting another friend (sadly gay but a lovely guy) who I havent seen for ages for brunch and we ended up at Harvey Nicks 5th floor!! Bless him, the darling man was waiting to meet me with a massive bunch of spring daffodils, so I felt really special. What a treat since we cabbed it from Victoria to Knightsbridge, strolled in like we owned the place and had a brilliant time. I had a glass of bucks fizz (thank god I wasnt paying as it was about £13!!) some eggs benedict - luckily not too much hollandaise, and finished off with a skinny latte!! I did pop out onto the balcony for a cheeky ciggie, which is called the Tanquery #10 Terrace, which was gorgeous and apart from having wonderful heating also had the cutest little blankets with Tanqueray logo to pop on your shoulders of legs if you were cold!! I think this is the height of bloody luxury!!!! The best thing, however was knowing I looked great, and striding through there, and knowing that even though my clothes probably cost the same as about one shoe on the rich folk, I looked great, men were giving me the eye and I was much skinnier than most of the Rich Beaaaaaaatches!!! My confidence was really high, I just felt fabulous!!!!

Followed this up with a trip to Oxford Street Primarni!! Huge and waaaaaay too busy but some great bargains to be had, and picked up the most gorgeous little pyjamas and a few sparkly bits. Also found the most lovely vintage style bra, knicker and camisole set for £17!! So I will wear them tomorrow just to feel ultra fabulous on loved up day!!! I shall be my own valentine!!!

Bit nervous as tomorrow is pre brits day, so working at the O2, but it will be the first time I am seeing the ex since we split so I really want to look amazing!!! If anything just to know I look awesome, so he can see just what he is bloody missing!!

I did find something else really cute today which I got for the sister as a little valentines gift. They had in the food hall, french apples, that have been grown to have 2 hearts on the skin in a slightly different colour flesh to the main apple - healthy and cute!!

So Brits on Tuesday and start of the "sleb" sightings tomorrow, will hopefully update on Wednesday, if not before.

Wishing you all a great week!!

J
xx

Wow, what an action packed time you've been having hunny!! :D

I will neeeeeed you to cook for me when I'm done with all this LL business! I'm salivating already!

Have a lovely day tomorrow babes... and good luck with seeing your ex! (he's gonna be salivating too, when he sees you! ;))

Lots of valentines hugs and kisses to you! Luv ya! xxxxxxxxx

Report back from all on Wednesday then..... :) have sorted outfit to wear into work, though will have to change into chefs at some point, although since I have a bit of office work, I can extend the proper clothes wearing for a bit!!!

J
xx

Back