Jilly's JUDDing & liking it!

OMG I've lost 41/2lb !!!!!!!! lovely birthday present;-)
This JUDDDING definitely works and its sooooo easy. Definitely sticking with it ;-)

Congratulations on the weight loss &:birthday: !!!! Regarding Up Days, then probably, like me you will find that around 1700-1800cals will be plenty on your Up Days after the first few weeks. Sadly us 'older' ladies no longer have the muscle mass or activity levels to burn off 2000 cals! mind you, you have already lost so much, you are doing really well!

Speaking of which i was a 'stay the same' this morning. I put this entirely down to the fact that since I've been off work i am sitting around much, much more. This week I intend to 'get moving' a bit more!! Hopefully next WI i will lose last weeks target pound as well as next weeks!:rolleyes:

Yes back at it, however a bit on the naughty side this weekend, which will be dealt with today with a good DD with a bit of exercise thrown in. I'm going to try to get back to the 'moving my backside' each day a bit. Feel better when I do!!

Jilly did you see the horizon documentary "the truth about exercise"? I think you'd find it interesting as it was saying a few min if high intensity exercise a week better than slogging it out in gym for hours on end. And also being in your feet more and being active during day better than going to gym. Anyway well done on sts sounds like you've had a lot on your plate with all the gp visits. X

Sorry for typos it's this silly ipad!

Not been in for a week,heavens, where did that time go Well I've stuck to my guns, good UD's & DD's...so pretty flipping fed up that for 2nd week running I'm on STS!!!! My scales only weigh in whole pounds and I was pretty confident they were trending down, but no not to be. Anyway good news is that my heart is OK!!!:D Relaxed Exercise & rest prescribed. I am officially 'stressed'! GP recommending I stay off work for a few more weeks..otherwise being the age & weight I am..I am at risk of a 'stroke'. Well I know all about those as the care of stroke patients makes up about 90% of my case load! So I'm going to keep at it & not worry about scale weight, because apparently stress induced 'cortisol' stops you losing weight! That'll be me then!
Seeing GP again next week to discuss 'my pressures'. Hope she's allowing an hour or so!:D Keep the faith friends!

Hope you can relax a little! Try to focus on how you feel, rather than the scales - easier said than done though. Well done for sticking to your ups and downs x

Glad your heart is fine. Sorry about the sts but better than a gain. I wonder if cortisol is my problem too I v'e had way too much stress the past 2 weeks. xx

Last edited:
Good news about your test results.

Thanks Ladies, yes it is good news re the heart!!! TBH a big relief. Knowing what the problem is, is half the battle really.
So today so far I have eaten very 'normally' nothing in the way of treats & not really bothered. I've been for a nice walk and done a couple of stints on my reflex boxing ball..gets me puffed!
Not worried about the scales really, expect I might just hop on again in the morning though to see if it was a 'true' reading or not:rolleyes:
Right now i'm off to see how you've all been doing!

Oh Blow:eek: here we go again, got the 'munchies'! Started the day well with porridge & a walk, but the went shopping, got soaked & annoyed, ate 2 1/2 bread rolls with ham & egg instead of 1 1/2 as planned, then craving chocolate, already halfway through a bar of lidls lush dark choc! I had planned my day to 1500 cals, now looking to be more like 2,500....thank god tomorrow is a DD!!!

Not been in here for a week, sorry folks. I've been having a few problems with both my own health & the 'other half' who 'freaked out' last week & decided to go off his oxygen ,get slaughtered a couple of nights and start to slide towards depression...and talking about 'giving up'! So eating took a back seat. However I'm pleased to say, although much overeating (and a few drinks) went on it was only on Up Days and I have stuck to my DD's, even when I really-really did not want to stick to it-I did!! So I'm still STS, which is brilliant, because maintaining has bypassed my vocabulary..the last heaven knows how many years..infact I probably never have maintained, just lost & gained, so this is new...and something i can not only live with but actually embrace, because if I can keep off what I've lost I will indeed in time reach my goal.
Anyway I'm signed off work another 4 weeks, on new meds and still trying!:)

Big well done Jilly, there are times when a sts the same is great news and this is one of them, how fantastic that you've managed to find your balance and keep things in check even in the worst of times.

I hope things improve soon xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Frona & LW. Things pretty much back on an even keel this week. OH seems to have turned a corner & is now 'getting on with it' as best he can. I'm on my new meds and seem to be feeling better for it, so Mon & today good DD's, yesterday not too bad on the UD. Fingers crossed that I'm back on track. I'd like to lose at least one pound in Feb!! LOL.

Hi. Just subscribing to follow.

Hi Jilly, great to hear things are settling, good luck with that 1lb it all helps :)

Back