jo_star's diary thingy....

jo_star

Hi all,

Day 4 today....in ketosis now (good ole ketostix) and according to my scales, have lost 13 and a half pounds!!!!!!!

The only thing is, I have struggled with water quite a bit so far - the most I have managed was yesterday, and I had 2 and a half litres. However, I have had black tea and marigold, so I suppose it's all liquid. I have had marigold for the last two days and am limiting myself to one large cup (a teaspoon) a day.

Comparing this restart to last time (Nov 05) it is really different. I was a bit teary on day 1 and had some hunger pangs but nowhere near like the emotional torment I had last time. I've been a bit cross about not actually putting food into my gob but I remember last time I felt like killing myself - literally. I remember walking round the local shopping mall a few days in last time sobbing as people were eating, I could smell food and I generally felt awful. It's not like that for me now, thank goodness. I went shopping yesterday and was so engrossed in wasting money I can't afford on various beauty goodies in Boots that I hadn't even had a pack till about 4pm and didn't even care. I really think that it is because I am so much safer, emotionally now. VLCD helped change my life last time and gave me the confidence I needed to pursue my feelings for James but now I'm in a loving relationship and not still battling demons from years ago....it makes such a difference. I remember thinking last time that it was either shed weight or die alone - I knew that it was imperative to my entire happiness. This time I'm already in a happy place but need to lose weight as I've gotten lazy and let things get out of hand. (Needless to say, James did apparently like me before I lost weight but was scared - my unhappiness caused me to keep people at arms length. Lots of people have said I'm much nicer now!!)

I suppose what I'm saying is that if you're going through the torment I had last time in 2005, it does get better and stick with it - you will succeed if you are determined enough.

Jo xxx

No-one's answered SOB :cry:

Thought I would share what OH and I have just decided to do...

He's got 8 stone to lose and is 6'3" (weighed in at 23st 4, wants to be 15st), I have 7st 6 pounds and am 5'10" (weighed in at 18st 13 on Weds, want to be 11st 7)

We both made a chart detailing a pressie we will get from each other for every stone lost, going up in value for each stone! Here's mine:

1st stone
Sex and the City Season 4

2nd stone
£15 Amazon Voucher

3rd stone
£20 Dorothy Perkins Voucher

4th stone
South Park Season 7 imported from USA

5th stone
Gold charm of my choice and
SATC Season 6

6th stone
Perfume of my choice

7th stone

TARGET
Mini-break away somewhere nice in UK

As you can see I'm undecided about the 7th stone! I know this seems extortionate but not really when you take into account we were spending around £200 a week on food....plus we both need some little incentives as we can't go to Pizza Express for treats now :cry::cry:

We are both optimistic about losing the first stone in the first couple of weeks so have just ordered James' pressie - Star Trek Movies 1, 3 and 4 (only cost £4 each on Amazon!!) - to be given to each other only when CDC has confirmed the first stone!!!

Has anyone else done something like this and did it keep you motivated????

Cheers x

Hi jo,

welcome and well done for getting four days done and dusted!!!

WOW! 13.5lbs. is amazing weight loss in four days!!!

That is fantastic motivation to begin your diet journey with!!!

Love your list of treats and I do think it is good to reward yourself with treats, other than food.

With your other half there doing the diet journey with you will be help to motivate each other.

It is wonderful to hear you are already in a happy place:)

We have another couple who have just started as well.

Meneither and new beginning.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini!!!

That's really nice of you. I can't wait to get some trousers that aren't constantly falling off because of my muffin top - hence the Dorothy Perkins voucher in a couple of stones time!

James is a bit down because he can't see how much he's lost as my scales only go up to 21st - however, he is looking incredibly buff ;) as has deffo lost some of his gut....

Jo xxx

Hi Jo,

I love Dorothy Perkins! You will have your new trousers very soon at the rate your losing weight.

As for James if he has not already done his body measurements he should do so now as that way he will see the weight coming off in inches.

I measure myself always from then neck down including my ankles and not forgetting the upperarms.

Before pics are a wonderful incentive as well, when you compare them to your new monthly ones as you lose the weight, you can really see the difference.

Love Mini xxx

Hi,

Our CDC did photos and measurements for us, but tried not to look! Don't want to see how blobby I am right now!!

Personally speaking, I like seeing the weight loss in reduced clothes size best - probably because it means I can go shopping...

J x

Ugh, not a good day today.

Only had 3 packs yesterday (supposed to be 4) and only got about an hours sleep - preparing for work until 1:30am then sat up watching films as I was so hyped up.

First day back at work (I'm a teacher in a boarding school) - had to work from 8:10am through to now (6:45pm) without a break as its my turn to do break and lunch duty on Mondays, plus had clubs etc after school. No free periods either today! Supposed to go on to about 7:30pm but have copped out.

Have only had 1 pack and 2 and a half litres of water - no hot drinks even.

Feeling forgetful, shakey, dizzy and can't think straight.

ugh. Can't even be bothered to make up a pack. Just want to crawl into bed.

Hi ya Jo-Star,

Oh, that sounds like a crappy day you've had. Here's hoping you wake up to a better day tomorrow.

Ugh, not a good day today.

Only had 3 packs yesterday (supposed to be 4) and only got about an hours sleep - preparing for work until 1:30am then sat up watching films as I was so hyped up.

First day back at work (I'm a teacher in a boarding school) - had to work from 8:10am through to now (6:45pm) without a break as its my turn to do break and lunch duty on Mondays, plus had clubs etc after school. No free periods either today! Supposed to go on to about 7:30pm but have copped out.

Have only had 1 pack and 2 and a half litres of water - no hot drinks even.

Feeling forgetful, shakey, dizzy and can't think straight.

ugh. Can't even be bothered to make up a pack. Just want to crawl into bed.

Hi jo_star,

Sorry to hear you had a tough old day of it.

But, it is vital that you drink your water and take your four packs!

What about having two in the morning and two in the evening?

Icemoose use to take all of his in the evening after work.

Love Mini xxx

Congratulations on doing well so far. Your 'rewards' are a wonderful idea!!

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough day - fingers crossed things will be better tomorrow. :)

Hiya Jo,

I've not been on minimins for about 2 months after I dropped off the wagon and gained what has now reached about 2 stones of the 4 I had lost :eek: Anyway, I decided to look at the re-starters forum as I'm toying with the idea of doing ss again, or 790 at least. I'm still not in the CD frame of mind yet but by reading posts like yours I'm hoping to get myself into gear soon. You sound like you're in the right frame of mind, seems you've been working long hours too....:eek: Still, if you can stick to CD on days like that then you won't go far wrong.

I just want to wish you and your other half 'good luck', I hope to read some more of your weight loss journey in the near future.

Best Wishes,
hope you have a good day tomorrow
xx sj xx

Hi, and thanks to Plus, Mini, Russiandoll and Sophia-Jo for their helpful positive comments and advice!

Last night, I crashed on the sofa with a marigold and my tetra (2nd meal) at about 7:30pm, then went to bed about 8pm. CDC phoned around this time too, which helped me focus on drinking lots of water. James brought me up an Orange Winter Spice muffin an hour later or so - yum! I then woke up about 1:30am when James came to bed and had my final tetra and another litre of water - so I squeezed the four in, just!

I'm feeling tired but much better physically today. My Year 11's are currently doing their mock exam paper hence the mini skive. I like Tuesdays because I leave school at 11:45am to go up to Goldsmiths - I'm doing a Masters and it's wonderful to be using my brain again and doing stuff for me. I'm going to have my first tetra on the train up at lunchtime. However, I'm a bit stuffed for the rest of the day as I'm in week 1 so no lovely bars :eek: and my aerolatte that i've ordered hasn't come yet. I'm taking an emergency tetra for the late afternoon and hopefully, that will be fine with lots of lovely hot teas, until I get home at 8pm ish.

First weigh-in on Thursday :eek::eek:!!
Anyways, love to you all and speak soon

Jo

Hello, your doing brill, keep it up!!
just wanted to say i love the list of treats, got me thinking now, what can i ask for? hee hee! ;)

Fanks!!

Did you get my message on the other thread????

Jo xxx

Day 7 - WI tomorrow

Well - have stuck to it like glue so far, just struggling a little with water. According to my scales I've lost over a stone but I'm not going to count chickens and all that until I see CDC tomorrow.

Definitely feel a bit less lardy and OH says certain parts of my torso were looking 'rounder' last night!! (Soz - too much info)

Feeling pretty cold, not actually hungry as such but fantasising a little about food :sigh:. Kids at school where I work eating round me all the time (boarding school) which is hard. At least t home we're both doing it.

Work very very stressful today - so much politics and red tape crap, it makes me so unhappy. The kids are wonderful, it's all the other stuff. Normally I'd cheer myself up with a Chinese or a pizza and I can't do that. I know that it will be so worth it in the long run but it doesn't stop me feeling pants now.

Sorry to whinge.

Jo :wave_cry:

Day 7 - WI tomorrow

Well - have stuck to it like glue so far, just struggling a little with water. According to my scales I've lost over a stone but I'm not going to count chickens and all that until I see CDC tomorrow.

Definitely feel a bit less lardy and OH says certain parts of my torso were looking 'rounder' last night!! (Soz - too much info)

Feeling pretty cold, not actually hungry as such but fantasising a little about food :sigh:. Kids at school where I work eating round me all the time (boarding school) which is hard. At least t home we're both doing it.

Work very very stressful today - so much politics and red tape crap, it makes me so unhappy. The kids are wonderful, it's all the other stuff. Normally I'd cheer myself up with a Chinese or a pizza and I can't do that. I know that it will be so worth it in the long run but it doesn't stop me feeling pants now.

Sorry to whinge.

Jo :wave_cry:

aawww, jo, I hope you feel better soon. It hard enough sticking to a diet anyway without having to contend with a stressful job too. I hope all goes well for you hun.

xx sj xx

Thanks for message, Sophia-Jo.

Well, had first WI last night on day 8, and had lost 10 pounds.

I know I should be really happy with this but I'm afraid I sobbed my heart out last night. According to my scales I had lost 14 pounds and I felt like such a failure and a great big blob. I have stuck to it like glue and not deviated at all, but I fes up that I have not been drinking anywhere near enough water so I know that that is why. Plus last time I started VLCD (LL), I was a stone lighter and lost a stone in the first week.

James lost 6 pounds this week, again due to water we think. I then felt really bad for being selfish, coz he had lost less than me and yet it was me who was an emotional wreck last night!

Anyway, without going into too much detail, just now I discovered that the fact I have run my last 3 or 4 contraceptive pill packs together (illness, missed a pill, usual reasons) has caused my body to forget that I still have two days left in this cycle! Contributory factor to smaller weight loss???

Ho hum.

Love to all

Jo x

10 lbs is brilliant, and well done James on 6 lbs!! :clap: Remember, weighing at different times on different scales will give different results!!! Look forward Jo, you can do this!

aww, thanks xxxx

Back