Joanne's food diary ( help me I'm an idiot )

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by jjoanneuk, 28 January 2013.

1. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Morning all I'm going to start my diary today,

Breakfast: I've just had 2 boiled eggs a pinch of salt

Lunch will be tuna boiled egg mayo and green beans ( how does this sound ?

Dinner will be steak , mushrooms a little pepper sauce made with just peppercorns and fresh cream

Lots of water throughout day
    Would anyone mind just casting eye over this and checking if ok on induction
    I starting 15stone 6
    Thank you x
    Joanne x
  2. moonlights

moonlights Well-Known Member

Oh! Just replied to you in Sammy's diary without noticing you'd figured out how to start your own thread!

Your menu looks fine - green beans are a tiny bit carby but with the rest of your menu it looks like you'll have plenty to spare. Are you using a tracker like my fitness pal?

Welcome to Atkins - have a look at the Atkins questions answered thread in the main forum if you're new to it - it might have a few tips. Good luck for your first day xx
  3. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Thank you appreciate you taking the time to help :)
  4. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Oh and downloaded my fitness pal app, thanks once again
  5. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Hi Joanne and welcome :)
  6. sammy1

sammy1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, ask all the questions you like!
  7. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Thank you hope you guys don't get too sick if me
  8. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

I just had a Nescafé coffee, only had skimmed milk ( Sw last week , far too any carbs for me ) and a carton of double cream, sooooooooo had the coffee with 2 tsps of the cream , won't make a habit of it , I'm not such a big coffee/ tea drinker, I know the science of this but it's a entire change of mindset :eek:
  9. moonlights

moonlights Well-Known Member

Alpro unsweetened soya milk light is a great milk substitute, but cream is fine to have too!
  10. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Well day one almost over, I have a little question about my fitness pal. Is there a way you can adapt it so it recognises Atkins diet ?
    Just going to have a little plan for tomorrow menu, thank you guys once again for today, all your post and info on here has helped me through day one.
  11. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

No problem, it's hard to work out - go to Goals (second small tab along underneath the main tabs), scroll down to Change Goals, select Manual, then add in 65% for protein, 35% fat and 5% carbs - that gives you the induction ratios :)

I've also set my cals at 2000.
  12. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Thanks I still can't find it but I'm sure I will x
  13. jjoanneuk

jjoanneuk Member

Found the option for customising mfp thanks again
  14. stef2009

stef2009 Well-Known Member

Morning Joanne and welcome :)

Have a fab second day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins