Job Interview

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
I have a job interview tomorrow. Eek. Stupid me though kinda bluffed my way through the introduction type email letter :(
They want someone who can use Word, Excel and Outlook as its an office admin type job. And I said I am confident with computers and all Microsoft applications. Why? Cause I figured I wouldn't even get an interview.
Now, I work with computers on a daily basis, but I know very little about Excel, and haven't used Outlook for yonks. Thing is, do I sort of admit this at the interview, thus showing honesty, or say "yeah, I can use them", then try and swot up?

I can be *such* a prat at times!

Oh, and its 9am tomorrow. I found out at 5:30pm today, so not got time to drain the brains of my computer loving friends. Darn it.

Tough one! I would be inclined to fib and then brush up afterwards but then know I would get asked some impossible question! Perhaps honesty would be best, and just tell them you are fully prepared to revise it all! Hopefully they wont bring it up though! Best of luck for tomorrow x

If you're confident with a little reminder all will be ok then yes I'd bluff it. Lets just hope you don't have a test:eek:

I've just been interviewing for an apprentice job & what I noticed was the interviewees didn't show much of an interest in our company or the financial services and they didn't ask enough questions.

Good luck hope all goes well:D

Well I had to do a mini test. Well, not a test as such. I was stuck infront of photoshop, and asked to alter a label. I had to be talked through the entire process, but tried to remain calm and friendly.
I did ask questions, but perhaps not enough, as the man interviewing me had pretty much covered everything, so I thought asking may make it sound like I wasn't listening!

Fingers crossed.

.....I got it.

Told OH about it (I don't generally tell people about interviews, as it means more people you have to tell bad news to!), as it means I would have to work Fridays, which currently is both of ours day off, and we see his daughter. Not sure how happy he will be about that though :(

Nervous as heckers about it now, I start 8am Monday!

Congrats!

I wouldn't have a clue with word excel or anything like that, but I know photoshop inside out. Good luck, if u passed the 'test' under pressure, I'm sure you'll be fine :) x

Well done x

Congrats!

I wouldn't have a clue with word excel or anything like that, but I know photoshop inside out. Good luck, if u passed the 'test' under pressure, I'm sure you'll be fine :) x

I'm the same, give me photoshop, dreamweaver and flash i'm good. Word, as long as its just a document its fine, or basics on excel :p

:D

It went ok. My brain is fried from learning all about order processing, printing Fedex labels, doing returns, and everything else! At the minute, none of it makes any sense what-so-ever, but I know it will soon become second nature.
Not looking forward to answering the phones, or actually dealing directly with anyone, so I might try and put that off until I have fully got my head around this lot.
On the plus, I even turned down home made cupcakes which looked amazing, and biscuits!
Perhaps foolishly I have kept my 'at home' job on, so bordering on a 70 hour week, over 6 days. I may well regret that VERY soon! :D

Thanks for asking x

Last edited:
Oh, and I forgot to bring a spoon! So couldn't have my muller light or mug shot. MUST remember spooooooons!

Back