job wages .... advice needed.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paul1978, 18 August 2010 Social URL.

1. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

I was made redundant in April. I will be very, very lucky if I get another job straight in at the money that I left my old job at. So .... should I go for and take (if offered) jobs which will be 4 or 5 grand less than what I was on at old job OR should I hold it out and only go for jobs that are around the region of the same amount of money of my old job. Im not sure what to do ... what would you do ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was in the same situation last year. I decided to wait, my reasoning, I knew I wouldn't be happy on a lesser salary & would soon be looking elsewhere for more money. I did get what I wanted & I'm now a happy bunny:D

I'd stick to your guns & go for the salary you really want. You can always go for interviews & justify why you are worth more money than they are offering. If you don't ask you don't get;)

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think Id go for the lower paid job - for now! Surely a lower salary will be more of an income than you have just now, and theres nothing to stop you looking for another job that you really want

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I agree with Sandy. Any salary is better than no salary. Depends on how much you need the money too.

Irene xx

6. big-dollop

big-dollop Need To Downsize!

Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Dont know yor financial situation but just over £60 a week on job seeker is pretty grim and all the time your out of work its eating into those hard earned savings. even if you take a lesser paid job theres an income that will far exceed jobseekers

7. biggysmalls

biggysmalls Too big to fail

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.3lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    confused! Ex SW, ex CC, now on FAST 5:2
    Mmmmm, not sure. Think I would rather work than not work. You could well get the break you need and land the higher-paid job, but in the meantime you might get stressed out, especially as there are articles in the news every day about redundancies/job losses. Think i would get straight back out there to work, but keep looking at the same time. Good luck!

8. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  9. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    I feel that it very much depends on what your situation is financially.
    My first thought is that it is better to work and show in future interviewers that you haven't just been "lazing" about. However, there is always the aspect that some may feel you have lowered your sights because you don't have the confidence of your skills.
    I would say that the better option is to give yourself a set time limit to try for the job you really want and are skilled for and then go for the second option.
    Whatever you decide - all the very best of luck to you.:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.