JoCal's food diary

Not been back to update for a few days...

Monday
Breakfast - toast with jam and marg (2 syns and HxB)
Lunch - egg mayo (1 syns) and salad and more bread (HxB)
Dinner - mushroom risotto (free)
Snacks - fruit and a muller light

Tuesday
Breakfast - nothing
Snack - alpen light bars (HxB)
Lunch - left over risotto
Dinner - erm.............. bad day, very sore shoulder etc. etc..... had pizza!!!

Wednesday
Breakfast - none
Snacks - alpen light bars (HxB) and fruit
Lunch - fruit and yoghurt
dinner - baked pot with beans and cheese triangles (HxB) and 1 tsp flora light (1 syn)

Thursday
Breakfast - none
snacks - fruit
Lunch - egg mayo (1 syn) with salad and bread (HxB) and bag of skips (4 1/2 syns)
Dinner - chicken breast wrapped in lean bacon stuffed with babybel lights (HxA) and wedges (HxB)

Well..... I am back. I have had a bit of a disaster time...... I found out I am b12 and iron deficient, have 2 prolapsed discs in my next, on a pile of tablets and waiting for spinal surgery!! The tablets I am on, have a side effect of weight increase (I was already on some that had that side effect, but now 2 others do as well) so I have been told that I will find it hard to loose, but if I can just loose a few pounds I will be happy! I did loose before, but then things went pear shaped so I started to comfort eat a lot!!!

I am going to try and do Extra Easy..... not convinced how I will do as it seems to be what I would normally eat, just without the odd biscuit! We will see... guess it is worth a go and if not I will go back to green and red days.

So today -

Breakfast - whoops - missed that one (won't be missing out on that again whilst trying to do the diet)

Lunch - spicy chicken couscous (got this as I was planning to start tomorrow, so was treating self but thought as I had a minute I would re start my diary again!!) and melon and grapes

Snack - 1 alpen light (part of HxB - will have the other one tonight) and a satsuma

Dinner - I will be having lamb steaks, mash potato (possibly with extra light cheese triangles in as my HxA), swede, green beans, carrots

Other - 3 cups of tea with skimmed milk - so counting 6 syns so that I can have another cuppa later!

How does that sound?

Am I on the right track or not? I just want to eat a bit better between now and surgery really!

decided that I am having 4 tablespoons of gravy instead of the cheese triangles.. so 4 tablespoons is 1 syn, but will probably have a few more than that!!! Will update that tomorrow!!!

Anyone know how many syns the spicy chicken couscous with salad would be in syns on extra easy?

Jo

right dinner.....had potatoes,swede,carrots,parsnips and green beans.then 2 tsp mint jelly....So half a syn and I have worked out the gravy to be about 4 syns.unfortunately hubbie put in 1 tbsp marg into the mash before I had a chance to do anything.so between that and the couscous I reckon I have had all my syns.....which isn't bad I suppose being that I hadn't planned to start til tomorrow

saturday
Breakfast -weetabix with banana and sweetener.hxb and part of hxa

Cup of tea

Lunch - egg and salad cream sandwich - 1 syns for salad cream, extra light ansld 6 for bread. Then one mini chocolate cake....just over 4 syns.then had a quarter of a quarter of ham sandwich!!!!! But I am not having anything else that is a syns today so I reckon I will be ok.

Also had fruit in day

Dinner - having chicken and vegetable egg fried rice....cooked the slimming world way!!!!!

Does that all sound ok anyone?

Well yesterday evening went a bit pear shaped but I won't go into that!!!!! I have put on 0.3 lbs in a day!!!!!

Today is going good thougH

Breakfast - fruit and miller light

Lunch - 2 slices 400g loaf brown bread (hxB), scrambled egg made with some milk from today hxa allowance, lean bacon and a tsp magazine..... Got to work out the syns for that in a bit

dinner will be the stir fry we didn't get round to yesterday!!!!!

If I am going extra easy is that each day it has to be done or can I choose to do say a green day one day and a extra easy another day?

Today was my first day of re dieting at work!

Breakfast - weetabix (HxB) with milk (part of HxA)

Lunch - couscous and salad with 2 tbsp light salad cream (2 syns) and fruit and muller light

Dinner - baked potato with chicken and salad with margarine (2 syns) and mayo (6 syns)

I think I did ok today!!!!

Well today went well so far too I think

Breakfast - banana
Snack - alpen bar (part of HxB)
lunch - ham, cucumber, celery, extra light cheese triangles (HxA), yoghurt and fruit
Snack - banana and alpen bar (other part of HxB)
Dinner - baked potato with margarine (4 syns) and packet pasta - cheese and broccoli (1 syn)

Other - milk - 6 syns

So in total 11 syns! I am craving chocolate tonight, but trying to resist... mainly because I have a mouth full of ulcers so chocolate will just hurt!

I have also been swimming tonight so I am getting hungry... maybe a yoghurt!?

So far so good I think!!

Breakfast - alpen bar - 3 syns
Snack - banana
Lunch - ham sandwich with tiny spread of mayo - HxB and 0.5 syns, yoghurt and fruit and french fries (4.5 syns)
Dinner - spag bog - packet sauce - 4 syns with cheese triangles (extra light) - HxA

Then have had a bit of milk which makes up the rest of my HxA and I have also accounted for that as syns just incase!!

thursday
Breakfast - alpen bar
Lunch - baked pot with beans and salad
Snack - alpen bar
Dinner - asda pizza?!!!!! hEY HO

friday
Breakfast - yogurt
lunch - chicken and bread roll - hxB with mayo 0.5 syns
Dinner - steak and chips.....hubbie forgot and did oven chips!!!!!with peppercorn sauce...sauce was 4 syns so I am hoping the chips will be under 11th syns!!!!!

saturday
Breakfast - banana and yogurt
Lunch - none as breakfast is late
Dinner - syns free homemade burgers with 1 bread roll (hxB) and homemade free wedges and beans. Will have mayo so 1 syns for that

The problem as that we made krispie cakes with little boy which went wrong so I ate some of the mixture. But I am hoping that The mixture will just about be 15 syns or so so that I am not totally out on syns

On a positive note I weighed my self today and I am 0.2 lbs off having lost 3 lbs since sunday

humf.....i weighed myself this morning and have put on 2lbs since yesterday!!!!!sorry that works out that I have only lost 1lbs since last sunday!!!!!in reckon bread and chocolate are the things that do it!!!

Erm... Today.well breakfast was weetabix hxB and milk hxa.
snack - krispie cake
Lunch - too many syns - as it was a roast chicken with all the trimmings!!!Including florida and mustard coating on the pots and bread sauce!!!!!
Also hubbie gave me an easter egg - part of me thinks I should just eat it and get it out the way and start again tomorrow!but then the other half is telling me to eat it bit by bit and syns it properly.but if I am cancelling out today.....

I know, I was naughty..... I am actually surprised I have lost anything really due to the medication I am on, so I guess 1lb is good!

Thank you for reading allie

Well today has gone better than I expected (although last night I ate almost a whole easter egg)

Breakfast - none as I was asleep
Lunch - bread roll (HxB) with ham and tiny bit of mayo (0.5 syns)
Dinner - will be roast chicken with homemade wedges and mayo (say 3 syns to be safe)

I also had a krispie cake today.... so I am reckoning that will be all my syns gone for the day.

My HxA will be milk in tea and any left I will drink tonight!

whoops whoops and double whoops.......i had another large krispie cake!!!!!I did say that yesterday and today where non sw days but still......in fact I had always said that last week was an experiment to see if I could loose any thing as doctors have said I won't be able to at the moment.but I have lost one pound.so I am going to do it properly now as of tomorrow

Just a little tip..... I love mayo but hate the syns.... try mixing some quark (free) with some dried herbs and garlic, makes a lovely dip for wedges / chips, but is also nice on a sarnie to sog it down a bit. x

It all went pants again! I am continuing to put weight on as I can't exercise and am in so much pain at the moment!

However, over the last 2 days I have been following SW extra easy!

Monday -

breakfast - alpen light (part of HxB)
Lunch - cucumber, celery and carrots with red lentil pate (free), muller light and fruit
Snack - alpen light (part of HxB)
Dinner - spag bog made with packet mix - 7 syns for whole packet and had half a packet I suppose! with 6 extra light laughing cow triangles (HxA)
Cup of tea - dash of milk - but as only had 7 syns I would still be within my limit

Tuesday
Breakfast - Banana
snacks - alpen lights (HxB) plus cups of tea (HxA)
lunch - baked potato with beans and salad - free
Dinner - stir fry veg and tiny bit of chicken with egg fried (fry light) rice and soy sauce - free following by muller light choc sprinkles (I don't remember if that is 0.5 or 1 syn at the mo)

I am currently sat looking at a wispa bar deciding whether I should eat it or not - 11 syns!?!?!?!?! but only had 1 syn max so far!!! Oh I don't know! What would you do if you had the spare syns and hadn't used any/many syns in the day?

Back