JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Maybe have more sugary foods? Fruit? To keep yer blood sugars up n hopefully avoid the light headed/dizzy spells?
Seems to be something in the air today with ppl getting lighted headed... Are you drinking enough?x x

Yeah deffo drinking enough. Been going through so much water.

Ive actually taken a turn for the worse again today and had to come home from work. I couldnt look at my computer screen more than 10/20 seconds without having to look away again because I felt light headed/dizzy and really sick. It got to the point where I just couldnt do any work and I was just useless being there.

Came home (felt crappy driving home)...got home and thought i should eat something because i felt awful so ive had some pasta and promptly just thrown it up *sigh*

Suspect im back to the doctors again tomorrow.......

Yeah deffo drinking enough. Been going through so much water.

Ive actually taken a turn for the worse again today and had to come home from work. I couldnt look at my computer screen more than 10/20 seconds without having to look away again because I felt light headed/dizzy and really sick. It got to the point where I just couldnt do any work and I was just useless being there.

Came home (felt crappy driving home)...got home and thought i should eat something because i felt awful so ive had some pasta and promptly just thrown it up *sigh*

Suspect im back to the doctors again tomorrow.......

Looks like we're having sympathy symptoms cos I'm back on sick for two weeks :(
Hope you're feeling better soon. This horrific heat isn't helping is it xx

If its any consolation sickness has returned for me to. I really need this to pass as we are getting married a week on Sunday...... This heat is not my friend at the mo....

Seems like its the same for all of us.

Im going to have no choice but to ask to be signed off again...will be making an appointment in the morning.

I have felt more and more rubbish as the day has gone on. I feel really ill. Was supposed to be going to Nando's tomorrow for my hubbys brothers birthdays and then out on Saturday to see a friend we havnt seen for a long time but Im not going to be able to make it to either.

This sucks and I just want this heat to go away. I would give anything for cold cloudy weather.

Doesnt help that Im just about to try and go to sleep but our room is just too hot. Awful

Hope you get in at doctors today. And hope you feel better soon. This weather is definitely not a pregnant woman's friend!!!x

Well I got back from my doctors appointment. Saw a female doctor (different one from the usual lady doctor) and it was flipping hard work.

She wanted to put me on anti-sickness tablets and she explained that it will take away the sickness and dizzyness etc (not sure how antiSICKNESS takes away DIZZYNESS). I explained that after two miscarriages I am anxious to take anything like that but she just wouldnt listen. Think I had to say it to her about 8 times before she listened. But part of me also thought....the main reason for not being able to work was because I couldnt look at my computer screen without getting lightheaded etc and Im not sure how she thinks anti-sickness tablets would help with that.

Eventually I managed to get a sick note out of her for 1 week and the following week I am on annual leave anyway so it works out as two weeks.

I just find it hugely frustrating how hard it is to get doctors to listen to you sometimes

Well I got back from my doctors appointment. Saw a female doctor (different one from the usual lady doctor) and it was flipping hard work.

She wanted to put me on anti-sickness tablets and she explained that it will take away the sickness and dizzyness etc (not sure how antiSICKNESS takes away DIZZYNESS). I explained that after two miscarriages I am anxious to take anything like that but she just wouldnt listen. Think I had to say it to her about 8 times before she listened. But part of me also thought....the main reason for not being able to work was because I couldnt look at my computer screen without getting lightheaded etc and Im not sure how she thinks anti-sickness tablets would help with that.

Eventually I managed to get a sick note out of her for 1 week and the following week I am on annual leave anyway so it works out as two weeks.

I just find it hugely frustrating how hard it is to get doctors to listen to you sometimes
Seen as its the screen making you dizzy/head aches... Do you need glasses???
I wouldn't imagine the PC screen wud hav an effect on MS type dizziness??

I was the same for those 2 weeks I had constant headaches n dizziness but it was due to tiredness and my eyes being strained.. After wearing my glasses for a couple of days (and the 4head rub) I was grand

Seen as its the screen making you dizzy/head aches... Do you need glasses???
I wouldn't imagine the PC screen wud hav an effect on MS type dizziness??

I was the same for those 2 weeks I had constant headaches n dizziness but it was due to tiredness and my eyes being strained.. After wearing my glasses for a couple of days (and the 4head rub) I was grand

Mine is exactly the same. I've had my eyes tested and they are absolutely fine. But the computer screen was the thing that was making me dizzy for ages. It isn't so much the screen now, I'm fine with it, but id say from 8-13 weeks if I looked at a tv screen, computer, laptop or phone for more than 10 minutes I'd feel horrendous. But then again mine could have been the vertigo that the last doctor diagnosed, I think that can have an effect on computer work etc.

Jo, you need to see my doctor. I really don't think she cares how long I'm off. I didn't even ask for a sick note, I just asked what I can do to help myself. I'd also been prescribed the anti sickness/dizziness tablets and when I read the packet it said that babies of mums who take them in their last trimester can be born agitated, shaking and refuse to feed. I think anything that can do that to a newborn isn't worth taking through any part of a pregnancy.

Also, the tablets she gave me are also used as an anti psychotic and its the way they affect your brain that controls the dizziness. Not surprisingly they are unopened in my medicine box!!

Jees the docs in your area aren't very forgiving are they!! This pregnancy lark affects us all in different ways. You know yourself when things aren't right. Just rest,rest,rest. Chin up chick... :)

Hey Sarah, just out of curiosity which anti sickness tabs did you get prescribed?

They're called Prochlorperazine. This is what I found online. I know its to the extreme but even so, I don't wanna risk it. And I know the dosage is much higher when used as an anti psychosis drug but still, not my cup of tea.

Prochlorperazine belongs to a group of medicines called "phenothiazines", which work by blocking the effects of a chemical in the brain called dopamine. It is used to treat dizziness and problems with balance, and for nausea and vomiting including that associated with migraine.

It may also be used in schizophrenia (a mental illness with symptoms such as hearing, seeing or sensing things that are not real), mania (over-active behaviour or thoughts) and to help in the short term management of anxiety.

If the medicine is used during the third trimester it could cause side effects or withdrawal symptoms in the baby after birth and the baby may need extra monitoring because of this.

They're called Prochlorperazine. This is what I found online. I know its to the extreme but even so, I don't wanna risk it. And I know the dosage is much higher when used as an anti psychosis drug but still, not my cup of tea.

Prochlorperazine belongs to a group of medicines called "phenothiazines", which work by blocking the effects of a chemical in the brain called dopamine. It is used to treat dizziness and problems with balance, and for nausea and vomiting including that associated with migraine.

It may also be used in schizophrenia (a mental illness with symptoms such as hearing, seeing or sensing things that are not real), mania (over-active behaviour or thoughts) and to help in the short term management of anxiety.

If the medicine is used during the third trimester it could cause side effects or withdrawal symptoms in the baby after birth and the baby may need extra monitoring because of this.
Good god no wonder you didn't use them!! To be honest I've never heard of them before. If they can have have such an effect in the third trimester, it scares me to think what they could do in the 1st trimester when the foetus is developing. Scary stuff.... Thanks for the info, very interesting:)

Good god no wonder you didn't use them!! To be honest I've never heard of them before. If they can have have such an effect in the third trimester, it scares me to think what they could do in the 1st trimester when the foetus is developing. Scary stuff.... Thanks for the info, very interesting:)

Exactly. From googling it seems they are a common medication given to pregnant women suffering with nausea and dizziness but I'm not taking the risk. I'd rather feel crap and stay on the sick x

O.M.G. Im so glad I said no to them. Mothers instict I guess.

Its just the fact that I had to say to the doctor so many times that I wasnt comfortable taking them. My main reason being anxiety about it because of my previous miscarriages but having read what you have said...it just doesnt even bare thinking about to even consider taking them. Its not at all worth it...I would rather suffer ( as hard as it is)

And to think that the doctor was saying how 'safe' they are because 'otherwise she wouldnt be offering me them'

Also - Im pretty sure that years and years back there were a type of anti sickness tablet that was given to pregnant ladies and they had to withdraw them because of the amount of deformities and problems it was causing

I mean...you do wonder like if you were to take the tablets and your baby is born fine, what problems could it cause your child later down the line?

I just KNEW I was right about them. Rant over lol Now Im going to bed because I have a mahusive headache

P.S The dizzyness and the computer screen is deffo not to do with needing glasses. Ive had dizzyness/lightheadedness a lot throughouot my pregnancy and looking at my computer screen at work just made me 10x worse. Couldnt get any work done at all

X

I know. I suppose its personal choice at the end of the day but no way am I taking anything like that. I only take paracetamol if I'm absolutely desperate. I try everything else first. I always check tablets before I take them anyway. Paid off this time!!
Hope the headache sods off x

Yea jo ur right about the previous anti ms tabs. Ders lotsa court cases going on here ATM over them. It's awful to think what cud be......

That's why I'm unsure about getting the flu injection in sept. after all the questions hanging over the swine flu vaccine only a couple years back n it's now mixed in.... I really don't kno what to do. My doc highly recommends it n he's usually against giving prescriptions if at all possible. He's very much about a healthy diet for a healthy life. So for him to recommend it as highly as he does I'm thinking yea it's grand... But what if its not??? Apparently now were using the same vaccine that's been used in America for decades. But how do I kno that??!!

Mmmmmm yeah Im not sure about the flu jab either :-( It sucks to be told its safe but not really knowing for sure

Mmmmmm yeah Im not sure about the flu jab either :-( It sucks to be told its safe but not really knowing for sure

Yea. See am not good when not fully informed. That's when I hit google n we all kno that's always the most helpful!!

Back