JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Yeah, I was told the same about the pessary - not that they're apparently much cop as they did sod all for both me and Sarah lol ;) We never tried sex to bring on labour as Colin was too weirded out by the idea! Anything's worth a go though. My waters broke after having a mini stress meltdown and eating pizza but I wouldn't recommend that lol ;) xxx

39+1

Not much to report today really...no changes hehe

I did get a nice hours massage from hubby a short while ago though which was really nice :D

Ok so....I made the mistake of reading some stories and am now scared about a forceps delivery damaging both me, but most importantly. ...baby. I dont know what to do as I can go into labour anytime now and am worried ive left it too late to discuss with anyone.

I would be due to see mw again on Monday but could go into labour in the meantime and I cant speak to her in between appointments as I dont have her number and she is only at my gp surgery on a monday :(

I feel like ive left it too late to worry...I spent my whole pregnancy telling myself not to think about labour until it happens so it didnt become just another thing to worry/be anxious about

im scared...I dont want my baby hurt :(

Ok so....I made the mistake of reading some stories and am now scared about a forceps delivery damaging both me, but most importantly. ...baby. I dont know what to do as I can go into labour anytime now and am worried ive left it too late to discuss with anyone. I would be due to see mw again on Monday but could go into labour in the meantime and I cant speak to her in between appointments as I dont have her number and she is only at my gp surgery on a monday :( I feel like ive left it too late to worry...I spent my whole pregnancy telling myself not to think about labour until it happens so it didnt become just another thing to worry/be anxious about im scared...I dont want my baby hurt :(

I know the stories you mean, I read them too and they are both horrible. Saw the first one the day before Seth was born so I can understand how it's made you feel, plus there were all those stories at the time of women with mental health issues having their babies taken away so I was a bit of a basket case after reading all that! But you can't pay attention to stuff like that lovely, it'll drive you mad! And you have to think about how many forceps deliveries happen every day and everything goes perfectly fine. There are risks in any procedure and there are risks in having a totally natural birth too. But honestly, if it comes to anything like forceps or an emergency section you'll not have time to worry, I promise. They were going to try forceps with me and couldn't do it in the end but it all happened so fast that I didn't have time to worry about it. They'll do everything they can to give you the best chance of having your baby without needing intervention - keep as calm as you can, I know it's tough though. And definitely keep well away from the Daily Mail! If you want to speak to your MW could the GP get you a contact number for her? Or is there another MW you could speak to in her absence? xxx

Ok so....I made the mistake of reading some stories and am now scared about a forceps delivery damaging both me, but most importantly. ...baby. I dont know what to do as I can go into labour anytime now and am worried ive left it too late to discuss with anyone. I would be due to see mw again on Monday but could go into labour in the meantime and I cant speak to her in between appointments as I dont have her number and she is only at my gp surgery on a monday :( I feel like ive left it too late to worry...I spent my whole pregnancy telling myself not to think about labour until it happens so it didnt become just another thing to worry/be anxious about im scared...I dont want my baby hurt :(

I can see why you're worried because I'd heard loads of horror stories about forceps. But when it came to it, my delivery was pretty straightforward and probably the least traumatic bit of it all. They took me to theatre and gave me a spinal block in my epidural then made the episiotomy cut. Obviously I couldn't feel anything. I remember poking my leg at one point and asking Tom if it was mine!! Because I couldn't feel anything one of the midwives was feeling my tummy so they could tell me when I was having a contraction so I knew when to push. It's weird trying to push when you can't feel anything!!! Cole was out in three pushes, I think the first push was 18.30, he was born at 18.33 and the placenta was done and delivered by 18.36. They said Cole had a 'blade mark' on his face from the forceps but that literally faded in minutes. There's not a mark on him now that gives away he was born by forceps. He had a bit of a cone head but we were lucky that it went pretty fastAnd I can barely tell I've any stitches. It sometimes aches if I've been sat down in one position too long but that's it. The surgeon was brilliant and was explaining everything he was doing to me. It was a bit cringey when he said "I need to check your back passage for damage, do you mind if I do that 8? now?". That was the weirdest part for me, knowing he had his fingers up my bum and I couldn't feel it!!! Lol. But seriously, everything was fine with me and Cole. You'll be able to find horror stories about every aspect of labour and could drive yourself mad with worry. Xx

My eldest nephew too was born by forceps n had the cone head for a couple of hours n a teeny mark on his face which had gone in about 24 hours... But he was fine.. And Mummy was fine n up about within a couple of hours...

No more google!!! Especially not this close!!! xx

I think they often have a conehead anyway if they've had a go at being born - Seth had a cracking conehead and a massive red swollen patch on the back of his head from where he was trying to come out the wrong way, this was despite him coming out the sunroof in the end ;)

Last edited:
As the girls say there is horror stories in every way of giving birth. Never mind the other stories, for every bad one there is 100 good ones! I have 3 sisters and none of us have ever had a bad birth story. No more reading google!! xx

Hi lovely, easier said than done I know but try not to worry yourself this close to D Day. I've done it nearly 5 times and as Laura said above I only have positive stories to tell. It's amazing how you feel once bubs is in your arms. Your body knows what it has to do. I agree with only the negative stories stick in your head, even though there are 100's more positive ones. It's so close now I think every little thing makes you think. Your gonna be just fine. :)

Hi girls.....thanks very much for all your comments. Im feeling much better about it now....just had a bit of a freak-out early this morning I think lol You're all right....im going to try to not even think/worry about it as I know it wont do me any good :) You are all wonderful at making me feel better :D

39+2

Not a huge amount to report today....still no changes lol I had an asthma clinic appointment this morning and that was just pretty standard stuff. Don't have another one for a year now

Been to see my sister this afternoon who is in hospital at the moment. She had a bit of an episode the other day and couldn't breathe etc...then when she went into hospital her blood pressure was high, her heartrate was high and they have stayed high. Steroids and everything they are giving her aren't working, she is still struggling to breathe and so they suspected she might have a blood clot or something in her lung. She is supposed to of had a scan today to check but as of about an hour ago a scan still hasn't been done

On the upside.....its been a bit of a wakeup call that she needs to give up smoking and she says she is going to...but we'll see about that in due course I guess. I have told her she cant come near/hold baby if she smells of smoke anyways so that should be enough motivation aswell haha

39+2

Not a huge amount to report today....still no changes lol I had an asthma clinic appointment this morning and that was just pretty standard stuff. Don't have another one for a year now

Been to see my sister this afternoon who is in hospital at the moment. She had a bit of an episode the other day and couldn't breathe etc...then when she went into hospital her blood pressure was high, her heartrate was high and they have stayed high. Steroids and everything they are giving her aren't working, she is still struggling to breathe and so they suspected she might have a blood clot or something in her lung. She is supposed to of had a scan today to check but as of about an hour ago a scan still hasn't been done

On the upside.....its been a bit of a wakeup call that she needs to give up smoking and she says she is going to...but we'll see about that in due course I guess. I have told her she cant come near/hold baby if she smells of smoke anyways so that should be enough motivation aswell haha

Oh no I hope your sister is ok?? :( Keep us updated xx

Gosh...5 days to go hun!! :D xx

Ohh god, I really hope your sister is okay. Hope she manages to give up smoking now. The Allen Carr's book on giving up smoking is supposed to be great. I know a few people who have read it and been successful with it. Might be some good reading materal for her while she is laid up in hospital.

Not long at all for you now eeeeekkkk exciting!!!

Morning!! Thought I'd post a quick update seeing as I cant sleep :)

My sister is still in hospital but improving. They still havnt given her a scan and im not sure if they will as she is getting better. She was given antibiotics for a chest infection so maybe thats what the problem was

I am not doing too bad. Rang hospital the other night because of a headache i had every evening for 4 days. They told me to come in and everything checked out ok. They booked me in to have my urine/blood pressure checked twice a week now for the rest of my pregnancy which is cool so I have to go at 3.30 this afternoon. They told me to let them know if I get any further problems...which I kinda do because now my feet n hands have swollen up n are uncomfortable lol anyways..we'll see how it goes

hope you are all ok :)

Morning!! Thought I'd post a quick update seeing as I cant sleep :) My sister is still in hospital but improving. They still havnt given her a scan and im not sure if they will as she is getting better. She was given antibiotics for a chest infection so maybe thats what the problem was I am not doing too bad. Rang hospital the other night because of a headache i had every evening for 4 days. They told me to come in and everything checked out ok. They booked me in to have my urine/blood pressure checked twice a week now for the rest of my pregnancy which is cool so I have to go at 3.30 this afternoon. They told me to let them know if I get any further problems...which I kinda do because now my feet n hands have swollen up n are uncomfortable lol anyways..we'll see how it goes hope you are all ok :)

Glad your sister is getting better.

It definitely sounds like a good thing you're getting checked. Without sounding over cautious I'd ring them when you get up and tell them about the swelling rather than wait for your appointment (sorry if you were gonna do this anyway - I'll shut up now lol). Doesn't hurt to let them know. Not long now until d day!! Excited for you. Xx

Definitely tell them about the swelling with it coming on so quickly - it can't hurt to play it safe.

Not long left! xxx

Morning!! Thought I'd post a quick update seeing as I cant sleep :)

My sister is still in hospital but improving. They still havnt given her a scan and im not sure if they will as she is getting better. She was given antibiotics for a chest infection so maybe thats what the problem was

I am not doing too bad. Rang hospital the other night because of a headache i had every evening for 4 days. They told me to come in and everything checked out ok. They booked me in to have my urine/blood pressure checked twice a week now for the rest of my pregnancy which is cool so I have to go at 3.30 this afternoon. They told me to let them know if I get any further problems...which I kinda do because now my feet n hands have swollen up n are uncomfortable lol anyways..we'll see how it goes

hope you are all ok :)

Hey hun,

I'm glad your sister is improving - chest infections seem to be doing the rounds, i've just got over one and it made me feel awful so fingers crossed your sister is on the mend.

Definitely call the hospital and tell them about the swelling, my sister in law had something very similar and swelling came on very quickly and it was found to be the start of pre-eclampsia. I don't want to scare you - i am sure you aren't the same, but definitely get it checked as you are so close now there is no point taking chances.

Let us know what the hospital say xx

Hi beauty x

How are you getting on? Sorry to hear about the swelling - did you get it checked/did it go down in the end?? I hope you're alright! You're SO close to D day now!! :D So exciting! So looking forward to seeing/hearing all about your little boy. :)

It's been one hell of a journey, but you're nearly there my lovely xx

Heeeeey :) im good ta!!

Went in and all was fine..headache has stopped now but still got swelling...but it must be normal pregnancy swelling :)

In my head im so excited that my due day is Monday but I have a huge feeling that this little one is going to keep me waiting!! Ah well...at least I can possibly have a sweep on Monday if she can reach my cervix hehe

went for a 'last meal out' today at hubbys suggestion...it was really nice :D Other than that...just playing the waiting game! Im a bit nervous about going overdue tbh...dunno why. In my head its like theres more risk with it and mw told me they'll let me go 12 days over before inducing :s

Same here, this little one is well and truly happy staying put, think it's just too cosy and warm.
Even if your little one doesn't turn by tomorrow, at least you know you only have 12 days max until induction. I have a sweep on Thursday if bubs hasn't made an appearance by then. I've been told I can have one every 48 hours after that. Try not to worry yourself about going over the due date is only a rough guide (annoying I know when you've waited all this time) we can be overdue buddies together!! Nearly there chick....

Back