JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Morning ladies :)

Went into hospital last night because of reduced movements and as soon as I got on the monitor baby had a 20 minute hiccup fit and was declared fine lol Typical.......

Midwife got my hopes up as per usual by saying that the doctor may still want to induce me as its now the third instance of going in because of reduced movements...but the doctor said to me that she just wants me to continue to monitor movements and come in again if im still not happy. She then went on to say that shes sure it will happen in the next few days.

So...the midwife got my hopes up about being induced.....and the doctor got my hopes up about it happening in the next few days (which obviously isnt guaranteed and they will wait until 12 days over to induce me).

Cue a crying breakdown from me and hubby trying to comfort me but not being able to and us having a little argument etc etc. Nightmare

Anyway - got to go to the hospital again this afternoon for them to check my blood pressure, urine etc and do another sweep. Not getting my hopes up though as the first sweep clearly didnt work

Fed up/irritable/frustrated etc arent even the words anymore.......its gone beyond that

Morning ladies :) Went into hospital last night because of reduced movements and as soon as I got on the monitor baby had a 20 minute hiccup fit and was declared fine lol Typical....... Midwife got my hopes up as per usual by saying that the doctor may still want to induce me as its now the third instance of going in because of reduced movements...but the doctor said to me that she just wants me to continue to monitor movements and come in again if im still not happy. She then went on to say that shes sure it will happen in the next few days. So...the midwife got my hopes up about being induced.....and the doctor got my hopes up about it happening in the next few days (which obviously isnt guaranteed and they will wait until 12 days over to induce me). Cue a crying breakdown from me and hubby trying to comfort me but not being able to and us having a little argument etc etc. Nightmare Anyway - got to go to the hospital again this afternoon for them to check my blood pressure, urine etc and do another sweep. Not getting my hopes up though as the first sweep clearly didnt work Fed up/irritable/frustrated etc arent even the words anymore.......its gone beyond that

Aw Hun, they really do contradict each other do to they. I remember a consultant told me I could have an elective section on the Monday or Tuesday so I got myself all psyched up for it then a different consultant came and refused, saying I was 1-2cm (I wasn't even 1cm!!) so labour ward could break my waters. Breaking my waters when I wasn't even a cm was worse than labour so my community midwife has told me to complain, especially on too of everything that happened afterwards too. Keep a note of it all, it's really not fair them saying things and getting your hopes up. I'm keeping everything crossed bubs makes his arrival soon xxx

Also, my sister had a sweep that didn't work. Went for a second one a few days later and was getting pains within an hour. Good luck!!! X

Morning ladies :)

Went into hospital last night because of reduced movements and as soon as I got on the monitor baby had a 20 minute hiccup fit and was declared fine lol Typical.......

Midwife got my hopes up as per usual by saying that the doctor may still want to induce me as its now the third instance of going in because of reduced movements...but the doctor said to me that she just wants me to continue to monitor movements and come in again if im still not happy. She then went on to say that shes sure it will happen in the next few days.

So...the midwife got my hopes up about being induced.....and the doctor got my hopes up about it happening in the next few days (which obviously isnt guaranteed and they will wait until 12 days over to induce me).

Cue a crying breakdown from me and hubby trying to comfort me but not being able to and us having a little argument etc etc. Nightmare

Anyway - got to go to the hospital again this afternoon for them to check my blood pressure, urine etc and do another sweep. Not getting my hopes up though as the first sweep clearly didnt work

Fed up/irritable/frustrated etc arent even the words anymore.......its gone beyond that

Morning hun!

Oh i'm sorry the stupid midwife and doctor contradicted themselves, they really don't help things do they?
Fingers crossed the sweep today will help things along - or at least give you an update on whether anything is happening. I think you've just been far too good and made your little man way too comfy in there!

I know it's frustrating but it wont be long and you'll have your little man in your arms and it will all be worth it :) Try and relax as much as you can. xx

I am hoping that this second sweep works tbh

Got a letter from my GP in the post this morning saying because im overweight im entitled to 12 weeks free of weightwatchers or slimming world and saying theres limited places.

Its absolutely perfect...if baby was here on time I would have signed up straightaway but I bet by the time I look to sign up the 'limited places' are all gone :( *sigh*

I am hoping that this second sweep works tbh

Got a letter from my GP in the post this morning saying because im overweight im entitled to 12 weeks free of weightwatchers or slimming world and saying theres limited places.

Its absolutely perfect...if baby was here on time I would have signed up straightaway but I bet by the time I look to sign up the 'limited places' are all gone :( *sigh*

Wow thats pretty good - can you call your GP surgery and ask if they can "save you a space"? i'm sure they would understand and worth asking as you don't know until you ask.

Fingers and toes crossed for the sweep today! Time to serve little man his eviction notice! x

Wow thats pretty good - can you call your GP surgery and ask if they can "save you a space"? i'm sure they would understand and worth asking as you don't know until you ask.

Fingers and toes crossed for the sweep today! Time to serve little man his eviction notice! x

It just mentions about going in to GP reception and they'll give me a referral letter. Im not sure if the 'limited places' refer to the GP referral letter or the spaces at the local slimming world classes. But either way....im gunna go grab that referral letter this afternoon from my GP before I go to the hospital :)

Chick, I really hope this sweep gets things moving for you. I'm more excited about your impending labour than I am about my own. Good luck:)

Aw Jo, the waiting is just awful :( I was antsy as hell the day after my waters broke when I had 24 hours before induction, I was willing labour to kick in properly and nothing was happening. And that was just one day so I can't imagine how frustrated you are! I'm sending positive labour vibes your way xxx

Hi girls, this is the first chance I have had to update. Signal in the hospital is very hit and miss so updates may be few and far between

long and short of it is.....I didnt get the sweep. Im being induced!!!!! :) Just been on the monitor and now they are going to come to start induction. They have been v busy so everything is taking forever (was supposed to be on the monitor for 30 mins but was on for 2 hours until I said I need a wee!)

Anyways....will update as and when I can :) xx

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear baby is here xxx

Ooh good luck!!!! Hope it all goes quick for you and your little boy is here soon xx

Good luck hope baby is here quickly :) x

Back