JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Awwww thanks girls :)

I asked the midwife to explain more about the process. They only do 1x 24 hour pessary...so that takes it to midnight when they will then review me and see if they can arrange for waters to be broken. If not...I wait 6 hours and then have a 6 hour 'fast acting' pessary and then get reviewed again

Am hoping that by later tonight im dilated etc enough that they can arrange to break my waters :D

Morning chick! Hope your ok. At least now your there you know you won't be leaving with out your boy. Sending you lots of contraction vibes. Just think you're going to be a mummy very very soon. X

Awwww thanks girls :) I asked the midwife to explain more about the process. They only do 1x 24 hour pessary...so that takes it to midnight when they will then review me and see if they can arrange for waters to be broken. If not...I wait 6 hours and then have a 6 hour 'fast acting' pessary and then get reviewed again Am hoping that by later tonight im dilated etc enough that they can arrange to break my waters :D

That's really good. My hospital do three but you can request more. God knows why anyone would, I was so sore after three. They do a minimum of three though, it's ridiculous. They broke my waters and I was less than 1cm. It was bloody agony and worse than contractions but you're already a couple of cm so I can't see it being a problem for them to do yours. It's all happening now. Even though I was in for five days before labour kicked off I knew that was it, I was there and I would be leaving with my baby xx

Awwww thanks girls :) I asked the midwife to explain more about the process. They only do 1x 24 hour pessary...so that takes it to midnight when they will then review me and see if they can arrange for waters to be broken. If not...I wait 6 hours and then have a 6 hour 'fast acting' pessary and then get reviewed again Am hoping that by later tonight im dilated etc enough that they can arrange to break my waters :D

They could probably break your waters now, I had mine done at 1cm but they'll wait until you're more dilated if poss I guess as it's easier to do. Make sure you have gas and air to hand when they do it - it's not nice but gets you on the way!

Good luck - hoping you're not waiting too long xxx

They could probably break your waters now, I had mine done at 1cm but they'll wait until you're more dilated if poss I guess as it's easier to do. Make sure you have gas and air to hand when they do it - it's not nice but gets you on the way! Good luck - hoping you're not waiting too long xxx

God yes, definitely get the gas and air before they do it!!! In fact, just get the gas and air as soon as they'll let you, it's fantastic xx

God yes, definitely get the gas and air before they do it!!! In fact, just get the gas and air as soon as they'll let you, it's fantastic xx

Another big fan of gas and air here lol ;)

That's really good. My hospital do three but you can request more. God knows why anyone would, I was so sore after three. They do a minimum of three though, it's ridiculous. They broke my waters and I was less than 1cm. It was bloody agony and worse than contractions but you're already a couple of cm so I can't see it being a problem for them to do yours. It's all happening now. Even though I was in for five days before labour kicked off I knew that was it, I was there and I would be leaving with my baby xx

lol That is why I kept asking them to explain the process because I was dreading having to have 2/3 24hr pessarys and being on this ward forever and being bored etc (after reading about your experience! !)

But yeah....im hoping that later tonight they will say that all is ok to break my waters (will deffo use gas and air lol) because im 1-2cm already. But then I know what this hospital are like for delays and doing unnecessary things etc. Meh....we'll see I guess!

I'll update after they check me after midnight :p hehe

lol That is why I kept asking them to explain the process because I was dreading having to have 2/3 24hr pessarys and being on this ward forever and being bored etc (after reading about your experience! !) But yeah....im hoping that later tonight they will say that all is ok to break my waters (will deffo use gas and air lol) because im 1-2cm already. But then I know what this hospital are like for delays and doing unnecessary things etc. Meh....we'll see I guess! I'll update after they check me after midnight :p hehe

In the meantime make the most of doing nothing. I had bubble baths galore and I loved the food!! Good luck, hope there's a massive development at midnight!!!x

Ohh best of luck Joey. Hopefully this pessary will do the job and your waters will go themself. I had my waters broken twice (son and daughter), didn't find it painful at all so you hopefully will be the same. Can't wait till you meet your little one x

Best of luck honey x hope all goes well!! :D xx

They broke my waters when I was 2cm and I've gotta say it didn't hurt - I was having contractions every 2-3 mins tho!! Xx

Hey everyone :)

Midwife has said she will be getting me down to labour ward early morning to have my waters broken as she thinks they can do it (2cm)

Im nervous!! In my head its gunna hurt worse than the rest of labour..I dunno what to think but im pretty scared!

Hey everyone :) Midwife has said she will be getting me down to labour ward early morning to have my waters broken as she thinks they can do it (2cm) Im nervous!! In my head its gunna hurt worse than the rest of labour..I dunno what to think but im pretty scared!

Aww good luck hun x I'm sure you'll be fine :)

How's things at the mo? Are you in any pain? Xx

Hey everyone :) Midwife has said she will be getting me down to labour ward early morning to have my waters broken as she thinks they can do it (2cm) Im nervous!! In my head its gunna hurt worse than the rest of labour..I dunno what to think but im pretty scared!

I don't think it'll be too bad at 2cm, honestly. Mine only hurt so much because my cervix was so far back and their fingers just weren't long enough. You might even be another cm along by then. Good luck! And remember....gas & air!!!!!x

Aww good luck hun x I'm sure you'll be fine :)

How's things at the mo? Are you in any pain? Xx

I wouldnt say im in pain as such....at the moment its more like discomfort. Managed to sleep since 2am so will be doing everything on about 3.5 hours sleep lol Fantastic :D

Since about 4pm yesterday afternoon I have been having tightenings which are accompanied by period-type cramps and they kinda take your breath away a bit.They have been getting more regular

I don't think it'll be too bad at 2cm, honestly. Mine only hurt so much because my cervix was so far back and their fingers just weren't long enough. You might even be another cm along by then. Good luck! And remember....gas & air!!!!!x

Lol I think it will just be a case of massively huffing on the gas and air as you say.....wanna make sure im out of it haha

Eeeeee your doing so well. Your body sounds like it's contracting to me. I only have had my waters clipped once and it was fine. We're all different though. Try not to worry once there gone things are likely to move quicker. Which means getting that step closer to holding your son. Keep with it chick, he will be in your arms very very soon x

Well im on labour unit now (have been since 6am). My waters were broken at 9am....midwife had to reach really really far back and she says I was only 1cm...but the gas and air worked a treat just as you girls said it would :D

Its been 2 hours since waters going and an internal just a second ago shows no progress so I believe im about to go on the drip to speed things up

Back