Jogging/Running..

laurenmay

Gold Member
I'm taking part in the 10K race for life this July, and I've basically done zero training so far.. I really wanna start running properly, but I haven't got the guts to just go out & do it! I feel so insecure about going alone & I've asked friends and family but got no one to go with..

I'd actually prefer to go alone, so I can listen to music & shut off and just get on with it, but I can't find the strength to just go!!

Even bought proper running shoes, a £60 runners sports watch, running water bottle and running clothes.. So I have everything ready to go! I run every time I'm at the gym on the treadmill, but I really wanna find the courage to go outdoors.. It's free, there's more to look at plus race for life isn't gonna be on a treadmill in a sweaty gym so I need practice!!

Eeeesh! Someone make me go?! Lol

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Lauren I run outside all the time and have a treadmill at home to

Just stick the music on and concentrate on the run itself I use to be really self conscious but like my trainer says every runner started someone

Get them trainers on and try it x

Miss_c1985 said:
Lauren I run outside all the time and have a treadmill at home to

Just stick the music on and concentrate on the run itself I use to be really self conscious but like my trainer says every runner started someone

Get them trainers on and try it x

I really want to! & think this weekend I should make it my mission to just get out there and do it.. I may go tomorrow evening & ask the OH to watch the baby for an hour. Did you plan routes before going or just go out there & run and see where your feet took you? x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

I use Map my run application its fab you can plan routes etc on that but near my house there is a park with a track so mostly I use that and just record my distances each time to spur me on

Running made me feel so good about myself and with running outside you can just run and see where it takes you

Your enjoy it :)

Ive been told not to exercise for 2 weeks and it's killing me x

I'm going to start running outside....when i can be bothered lol x

I'm so not fit but I love running outside. Stick some music on, I also use Map my run, and just go for it. It's easy to become addicted and it's not like you'll ever regret going for a run. Good luck and I really hope you enjoy it :)

Just do it Lauren! I used I feel the same so I'd go out at night. But once you're there and running you need to concentrate on breathing and your pace etc. that and you can easily get 1 mile done in 15 minutes, and that's no time, then by the time you're building your way up you'll get used to being outside.

Find a route that you believe will be quiet and just go for it or you'll just keep putting it off. And believe me if you're doing a 10k run you're not going to train for that in a week before the race so start now or regret it when you're dying doing 10k!

Miss_c1985 said:
I use Map my run application its fab you can plan routes etc on that but near my house there is a park with a track so mostly I use that and just record my distances each time to spur me on

Running made me feel so good about myself and with running outside you can just run and see where it takes you

Your enjoy it :)

Ive been told not to exercise for 2 weeks and it's killing me x

I'm surrounded by dual carriageways and busy roads where I live so it's more difficult, but I'm sure I can find some nice routes :) I heard we shouldn't exercise for 2 weeks as well, but I'm going to the gym this weekend & just gonna take it easy and see how much my body can cope with x

silencemylips said:
Just do it Lauren! I used I feel the same so I'd go out at night. But once you're there and running you need to concentrate on breathing and your pace etc. that and you can easily get 1 mile done in 15 minutes, and that's no time, then by the time you're building your way up you'll get used to being outside.

Find a route that you believe will be quiet and just go for it or you'll just keep putting it off. And believe me if you're doing a 10k run you're not going to train for that in a week before the race so start now or regret it when you're dying doing 10k!

Very true! Race for life seems to be drawing nearer and nearer and it's so scary because I haven't done any proper training!! I'm going to set myself a goal of going running this weekend & see how I get on :) thanks everyone!

Just build up slowly, maybe start with the couch to 5k app? I'm thinking about doing that too : )

You made me laugh about buying all the kit - that's so what I would do - "well I'll need all the correct stuff if I'm going to do it!" lol.

Em

Em_Butterfly said:
Just build up slowly, maybe start with the couch to 5k app? I'm thinking about doing that too : )

You made me laugh about buying all the kit - that's so what I would do - "well I'll need all the correct stuff if I'm going to do it!" lol.

Em

I've seen the couch to 5k thing & that's what I tend to do anyway, like walk then run in intervals & build it up slowly :)

Haha if I'm gonna run I need all the good gear! Gotta feel like a pro ;) haha

Miss_c1985 said:
Lauren oh really your going gym? Maybe il run the weekend see how I get on?? X

Yeah I'm going to the gym tomorrow morning & Sunday morning :) just going to take it easy & see how I go.. We know our own bodies & I know I am sensible enough to stop if I feel light headed, dizzy or unwell & I'm sure you are too! If I don't feel right then I'll admit defeat & go home, but I'm definitely going & I'll just see how I feel when I'm there :) x

Miss_c1985 said:
Lauren good idea!! :) I do miss the exercising I have to admit

How are you feeling today x

I miss it too! I don't think I've been to the gym in well over a week and things are definitely looking looser & not feeling as tight and toned! :( been awfully tired lately too, think I need the feel good hormones that exercise provides again! :)

I'm feeling okay thanks, positive so far & not at all hungry yet. Keeping myself busy in work to avoid thinking about it :) how are you feeling? x

You're making me want to go to the gum Lauren! Haha! I can't afford it though and my foot ligaments are still injured :(. Have you heard of the Zagorra hot pants? So good for a workout, they help you sweat and burn fat faster and help smooth the skin.

silencemylips said:
You're making me want to go to the gum Lauren! Haha! I can't afford it though and my foot ligaments are still injured :(. Have you heard of the Zagorra hot pants? So good for a workout, they help you sweat and burn fat faster and help smooth the skin.

Haha I haven't been in so long that tomorrow morning will probably kill me! I haven't heard of them, but I'd never have the confidence to wear hot pants to the gym! I despise my legs so constantly hide them in leggings..

i obvs meant gym too not the gum!! Because that's a whole different thing right there!
Oh they're not hot pants, despite the name, god I'd hate to subject the public to my legs! You can get them in shorts length, calf and full legging length, they're called 'hot pants' because they increase your body temp to make you burn and lose more inches. Zaggora I despise my legs too but hoping these will help sort them out

silencemylips said:
i obvs meant gym too not the gum!! Because that's a whole different thing right there!
Oh they're not hot pants, despite the name, god I'd hate to subject the public to my legs! You can get them in shorts length, calf and full legging length, they're called 'hot pants' because they increase your body temp to make you burn and lose more inches. Zaggora I despise my legs too but hoping these will help sort them out

Haha my phone changes gym to gum a lot too! Oh I see! I'll have a look now :)

Back