John is here!

John1985

Hi all, i thought i would join for a bit of moral support.

I am currently about 16.5 stone and 6ft 4, and stared my 'diet' yesterday. I plan to get down to around 15 stones, as i dont think my body shape will allow me to go any further.... and then start to build some muscle.

I have chosen no particular diet, but i am eating daily;

1 bowl of cereal at about 9 am when i get into work

Lunch at 12.30ish which will be a Spud u like, normally with cottage cheese.

A bowl of cereal at about 4.30.

A small dinner at about 7.30-8 usually being a hot, healthy home cooked curry to try and keep the metabolism up.

I work in an office, leave for work at 7am and dont get home till 8 so excercise is hard to find the time for, will consider finding a gym for my lunch breaks!!!

What do you think?

Anyway good luck to all the rest of you starting thier diets!

Welcome John, and good luck! xx

i like d sound of ur food :) i am following a food replacement diet ..it is all or nothing with me haha ..good luck with it , sounds like u have it all planned out anyway..god u have a long day in work :(

I am currently about 16.5 stone and 6ft 4, and stared my 'diet' yesterday. I plan to get down to around 15 stones, as i dont think my body shape will allow me to go any further.... and then start to build some muscle.

A small dinner at about 7.30-8 usually being a hot, healthy home cooked curry to try and keep the metabolism up.

I work in an office, leave for work at 7am and dont get home till 8 so excercise is hard to find the time for, will consider finding a gym for my lunch breaks!!!

What do you think?

Hi John

Welcome to minimins
Always good to see another chap on here Good luck on your weight loss journey,

Must admit i have a loathing of gyms but each to there own a good brisk 30 min walk in your lunch hour probably just as good as any exercise you can get in gym and i cant recommend enough a wii fit if you have a wii.

Me.

Hi John and welcome to minimins xx

Thanks for the warm welcome Lads and Ladies...

Hi John

Welcome to minimins
Always good to see another chap on here Good luck on your weight loss journey,

Must admit i have a loathing of gyms but each to there own a good brisk 30 min walk in your lunch hour probably just as good as any exercise you can get in gym and i cant recommend enough a wii fit if you have a wii.

Me.

Hi, yes i did notice that this site was dominated by the fairer sex!

I am going to try doing a brisk walk once daily, see if it takes any effect, and i don't have a Wii but have been thinking about trading my xbox in for one for a while to get the Wii fit!

Hi and welcome. Are you having plenty of fruit and vegetables and drinking water?

Irene xx

Hi Irene, i am trying to have at least 2-3 pints of water a day, and am sticking to drinking to only water. I am literally on the go all day so can be hard to remember to drink!

As for fruit and Veg, no i haven't been, i've literally been eating what i listed above, i was thinking about snacking on some fruit, but don't really want to increase my food intake too much?

As for fruit and Veg, no i haven't been, i've literally been eating what i listed above, i was thinking about snacking on some fruit, but don't really want to increase my food intake too much?

Hi & welcome.
As for the fruit & veg, you'd probably be better using lots of fruit & veg as the bulk of your diet/healthy eating as its low in cals & will fill you up.
Whatever you do - good luck. x

Hi john, welcome to minimins. I don't think there is enough variety in your diet, where's your greens?

i am trying to have at least 2-3 pints of water a day, and am sticking to drinking to only water. I am literally on the go all day so can be hard to remember to drink!

I drink at least 8 pints of water a day mate. I work in an office as well, calls for regular trips to the water cooler ;)

Hi john, welcome to minimins. I don't think there is enough variety in your diet, where's your greens?

I drink at least 8 pints of water a day mate. I work in an office as well, calls for regular trips to the water cooler ;)

I get the variety from different fillings in my spuds, to different currys/dinners and different cereals.

8 pints! Sounds like a tall order! Will give it a go!

What do you think?

I think you'll be fine, and this forum is brilliant for support, I started yesterday and its hard but find I am logging on here at least once every 2 - 3 hours just to keep my fingers from staying into the biscuit barrel. Good luck

Hiya john and welcome to the forum,

I think i would cut back on some of the diary products and like everyone else has said fill up on your greens. I know its a tall order but it is wise to drink up to 8 pints of water especially when ya are going to the gym. Ya will get loads of advice from people around here and its always nice to see another guy on here so wishing ya loads of success with it, take care

How did you do that? Offer to do it naked my gym membership here will cost me £22.75 a month and £10 induction fee as well, I'm coming to your gym......

Hehe, well when i went in there they wanted £57 a month plus a £70 'Admin Fee'.

It was dead in there and i just said 'well it looks like you need members' as there has just been a new L.A fitness open just up the road in Victoria... the bloke was just like 'well what do you want to pay?'

So got it for £40.95 a month and got the admin fee down too £30... Bargain!!!!

Fitness First - 0 John - 1

Back