Join me for a lent challenge?

Well so far so good, been out with friends for drinks both Friday and Saturday and no wine has passed my lips stuck to diet coke.

Feeling so much better as have had loads better sleep and no hangover.xx

Well so far so good, been out with friends for drinks both Friday and Saturday and no wine has passed my lips stuck to diet coke.

Feeling so much better as have had loads better sleep and no hangover.xx

well done, that is real willpower!!

I'm still on track too, but I haven't been out in the evening at all this weekend, so not too much temptation on the alcohol front.

We went out to a museum with the kids today and stopped for a bite to eat in the cafe - or rather they did. There was nothing even vaguely SW friendly. Usually I'd have thought blow it and had something, but I'm committed to 100% for Lent, so I just had a coffee.

Abstaining from alcohol has been no problem so far but I have to report I had to throw away half a pack of bean sprouts tonight :(

You know when they go that bit slimy and start to smell wrong? I normally have no issue with dates on food, I use the smell and taste test instead. These failed.

So that's 50p worth of waste so far. I'm trying hard to make sure it doesn't get worse!

Still doing well no crisps, had an orange as my mid afternoon snack. Really fancied some kettle crisps today but if I don't buy them can't eat them.

So a week down!! Whoop!! No additional sugar has passed these lips. Not helping weightloss yet though...STS this week!! :| despite 100% every day. Hmmmm. Problem being that my implant messes with my cycle and I retain water at random points. I'm blaming that!!

Still going strong - 1.5lb off for me last night which got me down into the next stone zone, the 10's!!

Not missing alcohol at all!

Still going strong - 1.5lb off for me last night which got me down into the next stone zone, the 10's!!

Not missing alcohol at all!

Brilliant! That's where I'm aiming for too! Was there last summer but havn't changed my statistics! Hopefully by the end of lent I'll be there x

Thanks to an overrunning meeting (two hours!) by the time I got my previously beautiful salad it had wilted beyond redemption. I must get an ice mat thingy to pack in it. I haven't got space to carry a seperate lunch bag, so it just has to go in with everything else. So I estimate that's £2 to add to my previous 50p worth of waste this Lent. Bad!

Alcohol - no issues, no problem, not missing it at all :)

Hi there - I'm still going too - also not missing the booze (or more precisely not missing the hangovers!!)

Still 100% on plan as well :)

Well done everyone.
I am still alcohol free :) it has actually been quite easy so far. Sunday will be difficult as going down to London to see my sister. A day with her usually involves gin and prosecco so will seem very wrong!
I have thrown away a quarter of a savoy cabbage, half a bag of bean sprouts and a rather floppy carrot since the challenge started. Not too bad I guess.
Unfortunately I sts this week so still have 5 pounds to loose before the 17th!

Well done everyone for staying strong, I've also managed to stay away from the crisps and wine etc however I appear to replaces the crisps with chocolate so will see how weigh in goes on sat morning.

Hi all,

Still going here - no booze and 100% on plan for 12 days now - must be a record!! I've done more than 12 days without booze, and more then 12 day on plan, but never both at the same time.

I'm actually finding it surprisingly easy - it is amazing how once you get into a groove it becomes possible to build momentum. I haven't had any sweets or crisps since the start of Lent either, not because I have deliberately cut them out, but because I have been concentrating on having healthy and filling meals and not snacking, or having syn free snacks like carrot sticks and home made dips etc. After a while I don't miss them or want them.

I have put my order in with husband for a dirty big Lindor egg for Easter Sunday. :) if I manage all 40 days I feel I've earned it

I have put my order in with husband for a dirty big Lindor egg for Easter Sunday. :) if I manage all 40 days I feel I've earned it

Great idea!

Think I will do similar. Still no crisps and not missing them.

I love Lindor chocolate think ill have to get my order in as well hehe

, I had weight in on Saturday and am down 3lb which is the biggest loss in a long time so very happy with that.

Still no alcohol!!
A lovely 2.5lb loss this week which I am delighted with. Had friends over for a meal on Saturday and a day down in London Sunday and because I was alcohol free had no drink induced munchies.

Omg no idea what prompted me to look this up but technically lent is 46 days between Ash Wednesday and Easter Saturday. Apparently in Catholicism Sundays are exempt and don't count towards the total of 40days fasting and abstinence.

I say that the catholics are wimps and Ill be going hard or going home (thanks will.i.am) right to the 19th April. Sundays n'all.

Back