1lb a week challenge

Jenny_b

Gold Member
Hi all,

I've decided to start a challenge that I feel I'll be able complete. its to have a loss of at least 1lb per week for the rest of 2017. I get weighed on a Friday, there's 21 Fridays left in 2017 so that means I'll be at least 21lbs lighter when 2018 starts. Obviously I'd love to be even closer to goal than 21lbs, but I feel 1lb per week is realistic as we all have bad weeks, holidays, totm, nights out etc.

If anyone wants to join in that would be great.

Jenny_b - 0lbs lost - 21lbs/weeks to go.

Great idea Jenny, thanks for setting it up. I've had some great losses over the last few weeks but by being very rigid with what I was eating and down on myself if I deviated from the plan. Its not sustainable and needs to be if I am going to keep the weight off long term, so 1lb a week was going to be my goal to give me a bit of breathing space. Especially as we go on holiday at the end of August and don't want to set huge, unachievable goals for the end of the year and then feel awful when I fail to achieve them as I'm likely to fall of the wagon completely then.

I weigh on a Wednesday so should also have 21 left in the year.

Wheekers - 0lbs lost -21lbs/weeks to go

Great idea Jenny, thanks for setting it up. I've had some great losses over the last few weeks but by being very rigid with what I was eating and down on myself if I deviated from the plan. Its not sustainable and needs to be if I am going to keep the weight off long term, so 1lb a week was going to be my goal to give me a bit of breathing space. Especially as we go on holiday at the end of August and don't want to set huge, unachievable goals for the end of the year and then feel awful when I fail to achieve them as I'm likely to fall of the wagon completely then.

I weigh on a Wednesday so should also have 21 left in the year.

Wheekers - 0lbs lost -21lbs/weeks to go

Yay I have a friend. welcome

Best of luck for weigh in tomorrow x x

so weigh in tomorrow morning, hoping to knock the first lb off in this challenge. fingers crossed x x

Best of luck for weigh in today!

had lost 2.5lbs when I weighed in on Wednesday

Jenny_b - 0lbs lost - 21lbs/weeks to go
Wheekers - 2.5 lbs lost -18.5lbs/ 20weeks to go

Hi,

1/2lb gain this week, thought I'd disappointed with a gain but I'm fine with it.

Jenny_b - 1.5lbs lost - 19.5lbs/19 weeks to go
Wheekers - 2.5 lbs lost -18.5lbs/ 20weeks to go

I'm slightly behind target for the year now but hoping to pull it back next week x x

Sorry to hear you gained, but if baby is putting on 1/2lb each week I suppose its a maintain really which is still good :)

Forgot to update on Wednesday, I gained as well but 1.5 lbs

Wheekers - 1lbs lost -20lb/19 weeks to go

Wheekers - 4lbs lost -17lb/18 weeks to go

I weighed in a day early as we are off on holiday and lost 3lbs so very pleased with that. I won't be weighing in for 2 weeks now, hoping for no more than a 3lb gain next time I get on the scales!

Best of luck for your weigh ins Jenny.

Hi Jenny & Wheekers...I'll join you in your challenge, though at the minute I'm having major struggles. I get weighed on a Friday and last week I'd gone back up to 12:4 :oops: i will no longer fill my pockets with goodies to eat on my walk:) I will not devour a bag of crisps every evening and I'll stop eating ginger nut biscuits..that should give me strength least 1lb a week :D

BTW girls, you're both doing really well..I'm in need healthy eating vibes :D X

Hi @Tibbs and @DinoDana , the more the merrier :)

I haven't updated for a few weeks as I was on holiday - I managed to end up with a 1.5lb loss over the last 2 weeks, still not 100% sure how though!!

Wheekers 16.5lbs/16 weeks to go

Hello, sorry I dipped out for a while. I was so out of control that I was putting weight on and not off! Joined a SW group last week and WI Thursday's so I'll post after group and take it from there.

Well done @Wheekers , at WI last week I was 11:13 so I'm starting fresh from then.
Finally stopped stuffing my pockets with goodies on a walk, now it's grapes and cherry tomatoes:)
@DinoDana, hello and hope you still fancy doing this? I'm going to keep on posting here regardless of gain or loss. I've really struggled all week to keep within syns and still only expecting a small loss. I'll be happy with only 1lb off, better than one back on.

Back