Extra Easy joined a class today

geordiegirl

i've never been to a SW meeting only tried to do it at home without much success i must say

All new people have to start on EE my leader said , for at least 4 weeks

got a few questions now i've read through the books .......

Can i save syns up for a high day such as a sat night ???

when using recipes , which syn amount to do i use for the EE syns, the red or the green ????

do i have to stick to 3 meals a day , i sometimes only have 2 , then fruit as a snack

is there rough guide to working out syns if i'm in the supermarket without my book ???

any other help / advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Jo x

geordiegirl said:
i've never been to a SW meeting only tried to do it at home without much success i must say

All new people have to start on EE my leader said , for at least 4 weeks

got a few questions now i've read through the books .......

Can i save syns up for a high day such as a sat night ???

when using recipes , which syn amount to do i use for the EE syns, the red or the green ????

do i have to stick to 3 meals a day , i sometimes only have 2 , then fruit as a snack

is there rough guide to working out syns if i'm in the supermarket without my book ???

any other help / advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Jo x

Ok, firstly syn saving is one of those things that some people do and some don't. Different consultants have different opinions on it too. It works for some but for others it will affect their losses. I personally will use between 5-15 each day then whatever is left each day I carry over to the weekend and this has worked so far for me. I would always have at least 5 a day and I don't do it to binge, it just gives me the option to have a few drinks or a slightly more synful meal at the weekend if I choose to (more often than not I don't use them)

On EE you always take the lower syn value eg. If its 5 on green and 2 on red, you count 2.

The main thing is that you don't go hungry. As long as you are eating when you are hungry and only eat untill you are satisfied, although 3 meals is a good habit to get into if you can so reduce the snacks.

If there is no free food allowance in something eg. A pasta n sauce pouch will have an allowance made for the pasta and therefore you could only work this out with the syns calculator (always worth a search in the syn values forum too as many many things have been asked before and it is a fantastic reference tool!) Something such as a chocolate bar though which has no free food allowance, you can work out the syns as 20cals= 1syn.

Good luck! X

Last edited:
Hey hun, good luck with your journey.

After a couple of weeks you will most likely know the syn values and when shopping will go with what you know, if you don't know then that guide is handy, you basically have 300 cals a day of syns to use.

As for meals, you are best having 3 meals where you can, and if not make sure you have fruit or an alpen light as your healthy extra as then you won't feel hungry and overeat later.

I don't save up syns as I think it would make me overdo it, but some people do. It's whatever works for each person I think on that one.

Good luck and we are all here if you need anything :D x

she told me i had to , i even asked her why , she said thats the way SW wants it , as eventually it will all be EE , don't think she's right thou , too many folks still lke red/ green days ...they would stop going to class

Theres a slimming world app that's handy in the supermarket for syn values.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Theres a slimming world app that's handy in the supermarket for syn values.

Will it work on my blackberry, I can't seem to find it

I started on ee but after a week realised it just wasnt for me and my consultant didnt quibble about this! I had done s w before when it was just red and green plans and they worked for me and suited me better so I just went back to them after struggling for a week on ee. If that was the case then why oh why do they print in "the bible" the two other plans!!! I would go with what suits you best because at the end of the day you wont stick to something which doesnt suit you. Good luck anyway whichever way you go:)

she told me i had to , i even asked her why , she said thats the way SW wants it , as eventually it will all be EE , don't think she's right thou , too many folks still lke red/ green days ...they would stop going to class
But the red and green plans are there in the book, as hollysnan says, so she can't drum you out of the class if you follow them! Nor is she going to come round and check what you are eating. Loads of people use red and green, and many swap between all three plans depending on how flexible they want to be and what they feel like eating on the day; also what they feel suits their way of life.If SW is really going to start insisting on EE, they will find, as you say, that people will object!

Tell her you're a veggie - or just ask her if you wants your £6 a week or not :confused:

I joined nearly 2 weeks ago & was told to pick any one of the three plans. My consultant also said I could do red Monday, green Tuesday, ee Wednesday etc...whatever suited as long as I 'woke up & finished the day on the same plan'. A friend joined a sw a few miles away & hated it so moved to mine. Could you try another close by?

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

Back