Joined club last night

Hi,

Like I said in a previous post I lost nearly 11 stone a few years ago by calorie counting, so it does work.
That said you do learn to 'spend' your calores wisely, ie. having a curly wurly for 120 cals rather than a mars bar for 281. Also processed food is usually higher in calories, but at least there is the option to incorporate it in your diet.

I do think calorie counting is in some ways easier than other diets as the info is on all packets these days, however I feel I lost my weight last time, as my head was in the right place and I would probably have lost the weight regardless of what diet I followed. Just hope I am in the right frame of mind this time too.

P.S. Where did carrot tit come from? :D

carrot tit came from my college days. It was when we were first accessing the internet we decided we would all open email accounts. Well i tried every name under the sun but everything i wanted was already taken! In the end a mate of mine suggested i pick a vegetable (carrot) and a body part. Now tit wasn't my first choice but yahoo wouldn't let me have my first choice :) So i became carrot_tit. It was only supposed to be temp but it grew on me.

I have another question. Do you guys count calories in your veg? I do for fruit but haven't been for veg so far. Should i?

I have another question. Do you guys count calories in your veg? I do for fruit but haven't been for veg so far. Should i?

I did. Though I did work out portion sizes and put it into my plans on WLR so I could add it in automatically. I also weighed it every now and again to check.

I argree with Karion, I count in fruit, but to be honest not a big veggie fan, other than onion and peppers (although both very low in cals)

I knew there would be a good story for your name :D

Well i only eat Broccoli so i don't think i'm gonna bother as i don't suppose there are hundreds of calories in it anyway.

Broccoli has 9 calories per 28g/1oz, that is boiled, so as long as you are not frying it in butter, or eating it by the kilo, shouldn't worry too much.

hello all - just found you all over here,

Speaking of horrible diet aids we used to eat, does anyone remember really hard cardboard-like rolls I used to make myself eat? Can't remember what they were called... or that bread that was just like a puff of fresh air? or the steak + egg diet? etc etc

Calorie counting is at least a way of losing your weight while including all food groups and will help set us up for maintenance. Like you, holly, the first time I got to target I hadn't a clue what to eat, so I yoyo'ed up and down a stone for six months being sure to spend the time on thinking about the "after" bit the next time. 80 / 20 worked for me. We can talk more about that as we near our targets.

Funny that neither of you are big on veggies... I used to hate all veggies, most fruits, and all salad items. I weighed 22 stone 2lbs. Amusing how quickly my tastes changed once I got hungry! I am now far less picky than I used to be and enjoy most veggies etc now. I've even started growing them myself this year!

Back