Joined last night, first day today....bit lost! Newbie

Hi all,
Im a newbie to this and not entirely sure what to do.
I joined rc inch loss plan and not sure where to start, ive done sw and ww before but never rc. Seems restrictive but im not sure if i understand it. I feel very determind and look at the menu plan and i think its great but jus not sure how to complie meals from fresh and be sure of the calorie content and fat content.
Any hints and tips would be much appreciated.
ThAnk
Kelly x

Hi G2BG (hope you don't mind the abrev)

I joined RC last Jan and I lost 3 1/2 stone in 6 months and I think it's the best healthy eating plan - it's not faddy, just eating less and moving more.

I'm re-joining next Sat to help my friend loose weight and at the same time loose some of my xmas and holiday gain and then maintain myself.

I found the first two weeks on 1200 cals quite restrictive, I got around this by playing the Value 4 Calories game, it's one that I made up. I would see what I could eat to get the most for my calories, so loads of veg and low cal meals. I had ready meals for the first 2 weeks as it made planning and life so much easier, and they were on offer.

If you are not sure about cooking from scratch then use the Rosemary Conley TV Website, you can view videos of how to cook things. I batch cook, so make a meal for four, eat one and then freeze the others, that way I've always got something ready.

Main thing that I found which helped me was being prepared. It's when you don't know what you are having to eat that you start to hunt around in the cupboard and this can tempt you to the food that's not value for calories

Hope my ramblings have helped you, good luck with your weight loss

Missy B said:
Hi G2BG (hope you don't mind the abrev)

I joined RC last Jan and I lost 3 1/2 stone in 6 months and I think it's the best healthy eating plan - it's not faddy, just eating less and moving more.

I'm re-joining next Sat to help my friend loose weight and at the same time loose some of my xmas and holiday gain and then maintain myself.

I found the first two weeks on 1200 cals quite restrictive, I got around this by playing the Value 4 Calories game, it's one that I made up. I would see what I could eat to get the most for my calories, so loads of veg and low cal meals. I had ready meals for the first 2 weeks as it made planning and life so much easier, and they were on offer.

If you are not sure about cooking from scratch then use the Rosemary Conley TV Website, you can view videos of how to cook things. I batch cook, so make a meal for four, eat one and then freeze the others, that way I've always got something ready.

Main thing that I found which helped me was being prepared. It's when you don't know what you are having to eat that you start to hunt around in the cupboard and this can tempt you to the food that's not value for calories

Hope my ramblings have helped you, good luck with your weight loss

Thank you for you advice, its invaluable! I feel like ive already gone off the rails ths evening because i really couldnt guess the calories and fat of my evening meal. Plus i feel like got a cold coming with a snuffley nose etc.....so ive had 2x lemsips. I suppose they are calories too!
I will definatley have a look online tomorrow and get planning.
I find it tricky as i have kids and a hubby, so i have a big supply of chocy in. However when im in full control i feel i can resist everything.................fingers crossed!
Thank you again, i hope to get focused tomorrow!
Good luck when you rejoin.

Hi Hunny
Just a quick tip on having goodies in the house, buy things you don't like to eat, for me I don't like custard creams, fig rolls, puffed crisps, sweets, liquorice..... My DH and DD will eat them but I don't have to worry about temptation in the house.

Back