Joined Slimming World tonight!

jacqu79

Had lost 30lbs in 15 weeks at weight watchers, but stuck after that, then stopped going as I was fed up paying when i wasn't losing anything. That was back in May. Was terrified going to SW tonight incase I'd put on loads, but thankfully I'd managed to only put on 2.5lbs since then (plus I'm on hols at the moment and eating like a pig!) Really want to lose 3.5 stone to get to my target of 12 stone, and I'm so excited about following this plan. It seems so much more suited to me than WW. I'm just a bit worried that eating endless amounts of eggs and pasta etc won't work for me, but I'll give it a go! Can't do any harm!:D

All hints and tips would be most welcome BTW!:p:D

Hi Hun and welcome, endless amounts of eggs and pasta do work so enjoy. Any questions then get posting we will all help xx

Hi Hun and welcome, endless amounts of eggs and pasta do work so enjoy. Any questions then get posting we will all help xx

Thank you!! I'm sure I'll deffo take u up on that!!:D

Hellooooo & :welcome:
Eggs are great at filling you up. I always have one for breakie and I never get hungry before 12 (like I used to). So get stuck in :eat:
Lx

Hellooooo & :welcome:
Eggs are great at filling you up. I always have one for breakie and I never get hungry before 12 (like I used to). So get stuck in :eat:
Lx

Thank you!! I'm really looking forward to this, as I love eggs and could live on them! :D

Having bacon and eggs for brekkie tomorrow!:cool::D

Hi I joined tonight for the 3rd time , the first time I joined was about 10 years ago I lost 5 stone, 2nd time was about 5 years ago and lost about a stone, in between I have done weightwatchers, I did loose 6 stone by myself but as usual what comes off goes back on again and more!!! I was doing ok by myself until Feb but since then I have been like a yo yo, This time I really want to crack it, I stayed to class tonight but found it really boring, do you think I should make the effort to stay to the class each week :confused:

Is there another class you can go to? Our leader is great and makes the meetings fun but if it's boring you're not going to want to stay. I'd stay again next week in case this week's wasn't as good as usual (we all have off days).

Is there another class you can go to? Our leader is great and makes the meetings fun but if it's boring you're not going to want to stay. I'd stay again next week in case this week's wasn't as good as usual (we all have off days).
I agree probably doesn't help that some people will be on holiday and the weather here is awful......:sigh:

Hi Jacqu,

Good luck with slimming world and reaching your target. I tend to find i lose better when i've had mostly red days, but as i like green days, i make sure i have a few. But i love that i can stuff my face (with SW friendly foods) , and lose weight lol

Welcome ladies! You have joined a wicked bunch of ladies (im new to site too!) I love SW its so easy adn you can eat and eat!

xx

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. Picked a really bad week to start SW, as I was away to 2 football matches this weekend in Southampton and London. Took a packed lunch with me on Friday, and managed to stay on track, but yesterday I wasn't so organised and ended up buying a ham and cheese baguette from upper crust as I was starving!:sigh:

Haven't a clue how many syns would be in that, but not letting it worry me.

Been very good today!

Welcome on board our SW ship! Any questions just give us a shout xxx

I don't think theres much point in joining a slimming club unless you are prepared to stay. Sometimes if you have gained or only lost a small amount could quite easily put you off carrying on, but I think that you get motivation by listening to what the others in the group have done

Welcome on board our SW ship! Any questions just give us a shout xxx

Thank you!:D

Need help at the mo actually.....:p

I'm on a red day, and have used up my healthy extras for the day. Had steak and baked potato for dinner and not sure if I have to count the potato as a syn, and if so, how many.:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!xxx

28g of cooked baked potato is 2 syns on red, :-(

Pretend you were doing a success express, and forget about it, lol

Oooh been lookin into that, but my leader said to get used to green and red days and she'd explain the success express to me in a few weeks!

Back