Joined the gym

Stephielou87

So I joined the gym. First time back since 2009 and oh my gosh. I am sooooo unfit although strangely strong. Have a free pt session so am having that next week. Going to a step class Friday legs bums ad tums Monday and wednesday and I am so excited. Feel really positive about losing weight for the first time in a long time :). It has given me the boost I need. Going again at 7am :) yummy mummy and sexy bride here I come :) 20lb to lose

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Hi Stephielou

Well done on joining the gym. Although you feel really unfit, you will soon notice the difference. I joined just over a month ago and I have lost 5cm round my waist and am finding the classes so much easier than when I joined. I am really enjoying the challenge and it is helping with keeping me on track for healthy eating. Keep me posted x

Wow 5cm how often do you go? Have you dropped a dress size? I am currently a 16/18 would like to be 14 by august x

I was almost into a 16 which is what spurred me into action. I am now more comfortably back in my 14s although I would still like them to be a bit looser. I have been going 3 x per week. I do a Body Combat class, a toning class and a session with a personal trainer. I think your aim of being a 14 by August is easily doable.

I plan to go Monday- Friday providing I have someone to look after my one year old. If I can't go then I'll go for a walk around my village. I am also planning on going for a 5 mile walk every Monday evening with my fiancé and boy. I am going to be doing as many classes as I can. Hoping to stay with legs bums and tums as I like that one and I have a lot of work to do on my tummy. But have been shown some exercises for in the gym especially for my bingo wings!! I'm getting married in November 2012 and have got a strapless dress so want my arms back and chest to be toned!! Really hope I can get into my 14's. I've got a pair of 12's that I bought just before I found out I was pregnant that were my target so they are my aim :). Do you have any targets or weight preference? x

Glad I found you guys, my uni does a 'pay and play' deal with their gym, I can pay £4 a time or £100 a year so I'm going to get myself into the habit of going and then pay the £100. I am going with my best friend who is pretty fit and has done a lot of fitness training so she is working as my faux trainer, giving me targets and helping me do stretches. I only started going with her on Sunday, went then and last night and am planning to do sat. On the days that we don't go to the gym I plan on doing a 30 min walk around the place I work. So my challenge for this month is 5 days of exercise (even gentle exercise) lasting at least 30 mins.
Good luck with yours. Xx

So I went to step class yesterday morning. First class. My goodness it is fast and you have to have good coordination-which I don't have but I kept up was as red as a tomato dripping in sweat and felt amazing. I can't do it again though as I can't get my son looked after. But lbt Monday and Wednesday next week.
Hoping for a weight loss this week will weigh in on Wednesday and see. 2lb would be great 3 would be better and bring me back into 13s.
Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Had an hour at the gym today, pushed myself a bit so feeling pretty good about it, lol. Starting salsa aerobics on Friday, not 100% sure what it is but I guess ill find out soon enough, Haha. Xx

Salsa aerobics is fab - I love it but not at the gym I now go to. I would love to be in 12s and certainly love to be under 12 stone. This week I have done a toning aerobics class, body combat and a session with a personal trainer and tomorrow....doing race for life. Might not be able to run it all but it's all good exercise. Not been great at the diet this week so getting back on track on Monday.

Cool, its quite a weird situation coz I'm a support worker and its something one of my clients really want to do so i get to go with her as part of my job. Lol. Hopefully ill enjoy it and, more importantly, so will she.

Back