Joined today and feel overwhelmed.

MrsN

Silver Member
Hi....
I joined ww today. I nearly cried when I got on the scales.....yuk!
Anyway, I'm feeling quite motivted but just sat reading the stuff I've been given and feel a bit confused and overwhelmed by pro points.
How easy will it be to follow?

Dahl....it will be as easy as you make it. If you really want to do it and enjoy the food you are eating instead of dreading every day and moaning and groaning then time will fly by!!! Excercise helps massively....my biggest loses have been when i have done lots of running and jogging and walking!!

Good luck...you'll be fine and dandy!! xxx

oh...and once you're into it, points are, and pardon the pun, a piece of cake to work out!!! I tend to eat a lot of the same foods so automatically can add it up before i eat it!! Like skips/quavers are 2 pts, a cadburys freddo is 5 pts, a breadstick is 1, reduced fat humous full tub from co-op is 8 points, warburtons bread is 2 pts.....and so on!!! xxx

Your get the hang off it! I tend to eat ww stuff until I learn as the points r just there! Ha!

Good luck!

I'm on day 4 and love it - I tend to plan all my meals for the following day then I know if I want a bigger dinner I have to have a light lunch :)

haninhudds said:
oh...and once you're into it, points are, and pardon the pun, a piece of cake to work out!!! I tend to eat a lot of the same foods so automatically can add it up before i eat it!! Like skips/quavers are 2 pts, a cadburys freddo is 5 pts, a breadstick is 1, reduced fat humous full tub from co-op is 8 points, warburtons bread is 2 pts.....and so on!!! xxx

Freddos are 2pp hun. Think the caramel ones are 3pp xxx

i have been counting caramel freddo's as 5 for the past 10 weeks (having one or two a week treat!)....my leader told me they were...she is literally useless!!!! Thanks dahl...have just checked on ww website and a plain freddo is coming out as 3pp.....I don't know! xxx

I felt like that too when i started not so long ago! all the different points for everything is sooo confusing but i have a load of pdf's on my tablet which have loads of pp values (purchased it off ebay) so if im ever in doubt i quickly check that and you really do start to get the hang pointing after a while

best of luck

xxx

It is overwhelming at the start. Just stick with it. Write a list of the points of the foods you eat most often and stick it on the fridge or carry it in a notebook with you. My old leader suggested putting a little sticker on food (especially the stuff which tempts most) you with the points value so that you always know :) I make an evening meal plan for the week. It really helps with shopping and then you always know how many points you need left for dinner. (I print mine out with a space for writing in other meals and snacks too.)

Don't let the amount you have to loose get you down either. I have over 100lbs to loose but it seems like a much easier task if you split it into smaller chunks and make your own personal goals rather than just the weight watchers ones. I have goals like 'Weight I was when I got married' and 'Lowest weight since I was 15'. I always found it really important to have a good leader as well. Part of the reason I stopped going to meetings was because I wasn't inspired by any of the leaders in my local area. If your leader doesn't make you feel motivated, don't be afraid to try a different meeting!

Always remember that no matter what speed you loose at every bit you loose is a step closer to your goal! If you have a bad day don't write off the week, just forget about it and start again the next day :)

Good luck with your first week :)

Back