Joining group at week 3?

minime

Gold Member
Hey guys, looking for some advice. I'm seriously considering returning to LL, only managed 2 weeks first time, then went to CD. Been playing with CD for 2 years on and off and am nearly a stone heavier than when I first started.

Thing is, the counsellor has said I can join a group next week, which would be week 3 for the group, otherwise it will be after xmas. How would you feel for someone to come into the group at week 3, do you think it matters if I miss the first 2 weeks of group. I know its more expensive but I think I need the discipline of LL and I'm willing to sacrifice a few other things to do it. Just wondering whether the group is "established" at this point.

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

tbh i think ppl do join in the first few weeks!! i had my first meeting last night and we were told more ppl wud be joining us! everyone is gonna be lovely in the group im sure it will be fine u joining in wk 3 hun!

Thanks guys, feel quite excited about getting started next week. Just to make appt with practice nurse/doctor to get my forms signed.

Hi Minime,

I joined my LL group in week 3, along with another girl. I was a bit worried about the group closing ranks and being a bit of an outsider but the group have been absolutely lovely - if your group is anything like mine you have nothing to worry about. We have such a laugh in my group, we have all exchanged phone no's, email addresses, facebook ID's etc etc. Also my LLc always made us late starters feel as much of the group as the others!!

Sweetysuperstar, thanks for that I feel heaps better about joining in wk 3 now, wasn't expecting it to be so soon but when she gave me option of that or after xmas joining, there was no question, was just a wee bit worried about it.

we had a couple of girls join in week 3 and i think they got really excited hearing about how well everyone was doing

Go for it

You will be fine. We've had a few changes to our group since Feb. Week 3 is still early on when everyone is getting to know each other.
Please don't wait till after Christmas -you could have another stone to lose by then!

:wavey::grouphugg::sign0144:

Sweetysuperstar, thanks for that I feel heaps better about joining in wk 3 now, wasn't expecting it to be so soon but when she gave me option of that or after xmas joining, there was no question, was just a wee bit worried about it.

I was in the same situation, I went to my info meeting on August 13th, and then had the option of joining a group on Aug 17th or waiting til September 1st. Although it was only a couple of weeks away, once I had made my mind up to do LL, I wanted to get started ASAP!! I think I was scared that I would lose the motivation if I had too much time to think about it lol!! Also the first group meets on a Sunday, but the second is Monday evenings which I didnt really want to do as I work on Mondays and it would be a bit of a rush! Sunday mornings are perfect for me, hubby is at home, don't have to worry about childcare, have the car all to myself etc etc!!

:)
Hey guys, looking for some advice. I'm seriously considering returning to LL, only managed 2 weeks first time, then went to CD. Been playing with CD for 2 years on and off and am nearly a stone heavier than when I first started.

Thing is, the counsellor has said I can join a group next week, which would be week 3 for the group, otherwise it will be after xmas. How would you feel for someone to come into the group at week 3, do you think it matters if I miss the first 2 weeks of group. I know its more expensive but I think I need the discipline of LL and I'm willing to sacrifice a few other things to do it. Just wondering whether the group is "established" at this point.

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

I joined week 3 and had no problems, the only thing is that the others are working from the book at week 5 and I have missed the other weeks so just read up on the other weeks I missed if that makes sense.

You'll be fine. A couple of girls joined my group in week 3 and it doesn't feel she's been with us for any less time... we all get on really well. At least you'll be able to get advice off the others during the first few weeks, as they'd have been there already (I know you have done it before.. but it's still nice to have support).

I think LL is going to be great for you - personally, I find the group and the counselling invaluable. Good luck!! xx

you'll be just fine. The person who is now a really good friend from Developers (although she's just abandoned me to go into RTM in her size 8 jeans!) started in week 4 and did really well from then on in.
Don't go in thinking the group is established because it won't really be. And I'm sure they'll show you the ropes!

Thanks for your replies but doctors surgery has said they won't stamp form for joining. Just emailed LL counsellor as I know there is ways round it.

Join them hun! Everyone is still getting to know each other anyway and you still have 12 weeks of foundation fun!! What have you got to lose? Unless you would prefer to wait until after Christmas that is?!

B x

I don't want to wait till after xmas, I have about 3 stone to lose, so most of that could be nearly gone by then. I'm joining on Tuesday, come hell or high waters, can't wait to get started.

any look with the docs?
im on week6 now and people joined in my week 5!! i didnt feel weird or put off by this in any way, they seemed relaxed seen how well we have done!!

Hey Mini

Hope you get that from stamped, im sure the LLC will tell you someone who will be more than happy to stamp it.

Back