Joining on Tuesday!

sjn1982

Need a serious kick up the backside as I have been steadily gaining weight since I got married 3 years ago. I suspect that I am hovering around the 15.5 - 16 stone mark but have been too scared recently to actually weigh myself. :cry:

I plan on go shopping later this afternoon. Any suggestions for staples that I should get in for preparation??

Welcome :) you know what they say about love and gaining weight :) just means you're happy! But good luck on your path to a slimmer you!

Staples would depend on what you find you consume the most? Getting a batch of light bread is always good to have at hand, can be as low as 1 point a slice. Getting a low fat mature cheddar if your a cheese fiend like me! For really quick meals/snacks I find having the Low Fat super noodles in the cupboard brilliant. If crisps are your downfall, getting something like wotsits, quavers, squares (there's a range here which are all under 99 cals) and they're all 1.5 points. My points reference is for the old Discover plan, not the new ProPoints.

But have a good look through the sticky threads, there are loads of tips and suggestions :)

- Tuppers

I would say fresh carrots, onions and butternut squash and new potatoes.... Frozen cauliflower can be used instead of rice with a curry ( sounds wierd but tastes lovely). Soups beans and crumpets..
Just a few of my own weekly must haves.... x

If you have a look in the recipe section there are loads of fantastic ideas for low point foods.

My staples are crackerbread, diet tonic water, lots of fruit and veg, wafer thin ham, skimmed milk and wholegrain pasta/rice.

Good luck :) xxx

Back