Joining the cc counting world...general advice

rharbord

Can I join please? I'm 11st12 so loads to go to the 10's but want to get there. I've got 4 weeks to our family hols. Originally have 10but flared around on ww or sw but not really bothering. I need to change it up. Not doing this just mainly for me but for my two boys 3/4 years old. I want to be something 10 ish. I want to be fit and healthy and be able to run around with the boys and enjoy life instead of worrying how fat I am. Fed up with the bloat and continued cycle of trying (sort of) to binge eating, feeling bad and starting again. I've created an account on mfp and starting in the morning. Any tips on how to stop the mindless eating without thinking, sticking to it and filling food that keeps you full would be most helpful x

Hi Rhar, I'm 11st7 ( lost 3 pounds in a week through using cc and mfp) - I tried things like excluding white bread and pasta as it really bloats me up. I also try to do 2 low calorie days (a bit like the 5:2 I guess). It seems to be working at the moment anyway. I'm trying to get back down to 9st2 which was my wedding weight last year. Like you, I've had a few restarts and fell off the wagon so I'm trying not to look on this as a diet but a new way of life which sounds corny but I think it might be working. I'm giving myself 8 months to get back there but hoping it might take less time than that. Good luck with your first day!

Hi,

I have tried every diet over the years and I have to say that CC seems to be the more straight forward option, I am using myfitnesspal and its a great help.

This is my second week and I lost 6lb in my first week (next weigh in in Sunday)

I have found that its all about making choices within the calories for the day - like swapping walkers crisps for skips or walking an extra 10mins with the dog - it all adds up.

Anyway, I hope that it all goes well :)

Cc will work trust me! I'm 48lb down since September last year.

Tips I could give you is try to stick to 3 meals (its snacking that often puts us over) it's hard to do but if u make the most of your meals u shouldn't be too hungry or spread breakfast out like if your going to have toast for breakfast have one slice at breakfast and another mid morning.

Try to completely break snacking at night so dot eat after a certain time. I try not to eat after 6pm. If I do have something its a hot choc (options are only 40 cals)

Exercise! I'm lucky enough to be member of a gym with a fab personal trainer and I honestly don't think I could do it without the gym! I love it and I never thought I'd say that always being the fat one but I'm loving feeling fit! And with 2 small kids as well its nice to have me time!!

Be honest with mfp. Not all the entries in there are correct so make sure u double check packs and weigh things yourself. It's all part of learning portion control so u can carry the good habits on when goal weight has been reached!

Hope this helps! Really good luck with it! You need lots of determination and will power but the reward will be greater!! Hope to hear how your doing soon :)

Cc will work trust me! I'm 48lb down since September last year.

Tips I could give you is try to stick to 3 meals (its snacking that often puts us over) it's hard to do but if u make the most of your meals u shouldn't be too hungry or spread breakfast out like if your going to have toast for breakfast have one slice at breakfast and another mid morning.

Try to completely break snacking at night so dot eat after a certain time. I try not to eat after 6pm. If I do have something its a hot choc (options are only 40 cals)

Exercise! I'm lucky enough to be member of a gym with a fab personal trainer and I honestly don't think I could do it without the gym! I love it and I never thought I'd say that always being the fat one but I'm loving feeling fit! And with 2 small kids as well its nice to have me time!!

Be honest with mfp. Not all the entries in there are correct so make sure u double check packs and weigh things yourself. It's all part of learning portion control so u can carry the good habits on when goal weight has been reached!

Hope this helps! Really good luck with it! You need lots of determination and will power but the reward will be greater!! Hope to hear how your doing soon :)

Well Said! I shall be taking pointers too!!:)

I was 11 stone 12 when i started in march i am now 10stone 1 lb 11 weeks later!

I have been doing slim fast but i calorie count snacks and evening meal slim fast just takes the thinking out of two meals for me lets me learn a little at a time.

I am trying to get back to my pre wedding weight which was nearly two years ago and have lost and put on the same three stone probably 4 times since i was at school!

Its finally dawned on me now why i put weight on although its obvious and why 'naturally thin ' people are slim as they don't eat three big meals ha ha so lessons learned here just one stone and maybe 2 lbs to go !!

If i can do it you can
Good luck

Back