joining tomorrow and was wondering..

DizzyFlowers

is it normally okay to take your children along? Iv only recently moved to the area and have no family up here that i can leave my son with in the morning while im at the meeting. Hes 2 n half, so would prob just entertain himself for however long the meeting lasts for. how long does it last for?

does anyone else take their children along?

or maybe its just better if i just stay to get weighed and not too the actual meeting..

what do you guys think?

x

Hi hun!
I've taken my kids to meetings before. I've been to 2 different meetings and at one I was comfortable staying till the end of the meeting with my son, but at the other I would only stay to get weighed as I got lots of funny looks when I said I may stay with my child. But I think in general it is ok to take children (certainly to the weigh in anyway). So long as your little one is happy to sit still and quietly for an hour, you should be fine! See how you feel when you get there.
Oh yeah and it lasts about an hour. First everyone is weighed. Then everyone sits down, and the Leader will do something like a talk or a cookery demonstration etc. I couldn't take my 4year old now as he would be too noisy! lol But I'd ask your leader and see what she says. As it's a Saturday maybe other children will be there.
Anyway Hun Goodluck for tomorrow and I hope you find the diet easy and have a good week.
Love Vicky xxx

Last edited:
When I went to meetings 2 members took kids. One was great, she took a book, DS or something similar and you were barely aware she was there. The other was a little s*** ran around and shouted while his mum waited for wi. She stayed once for the meeting and finally was asked to leave as he was just so noisy, the other wee one was there regularly for meetings and was no bother.

Thnks you two.

I think il just see how it goes, firstly see what mood my boy is in, im sure were all aware of the tantrums that can come from a two n half year old if their forced to do something they dont want lol.
If there are other children there like you said Vicky then that would be ideal! An hours quite a while for him to be quiet, i may just have to be weighed and shoot off, but everyother weekend hes at his dads so atleast i wont have to miss the meeting all the time!! =o]
Starlight: i can imagine what its like trying to listen while a child is being awkard! so i think il see how it goes, dont wanna ruin it for other ppl!!
xx

I sometimes had to bring my wee girl with me to WI. I never stayed for the full meeting though as she wouldnt sit quietly. Shes also 2 and a half. I dont think theyd mind you missing every other week if it was to do with your son if he didnt want to stay. Whatever works for you is best though. Good luck with whatever :)

I never knew this Starlight. I assumed some meetings were mandatory. Oh well this will make it easier for me. The way my leader talks of the after WI activities youd think we had to stay. Least i know i dont have to feel guilty now. Thankyou!

I dedcided not to stay with my son today, i soon realised when i got there that he had no intentions of sitting quietly, cant blame him really running around is much more fun. Not only that but unfortunatly my meeting leader wasnt the friendlist of people, me and the other new comers where very dissapointed. I wondered why there was only about 5 chairs out for the meeting! ium going to go next week and hope shes in a better mood, she may have been having an off day!

Back