Joining you gals :)

ransch

Hi Everyone

Swapping over from Atkins and Dukan as I miss fruit so much and experienced really bad hair loss :cry:

Low GI/GL sounds much more doable for the rest of your life but is rather confusing to the novice :confused:

I have loads of Atkins bars and am wondering if I can still eat them? Anyone know?

I've stuffed my face with mirabelles from our tree today and the sweet craving has gone. Interestingly, I'm not really hungry either. Chickpeas, kidney beans, veg and fruit, here I come! :D

Hi from a sticky and humid Germany!

Hi ransch

Welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy GI/GL once you get the hang of it - and it's not that hard to get the hang of. Easy-peasy.

As I have never done Atkins I have no idea about what Atkins bars are, but someone will be along who is more knowledgeable about these things and GI/GL stuff than me.

Good luck, I am sure you will do well :)

HI Ransch, and welcome to GI/GL diet section of the forums! We're glad that you decided to join us. The more the merrier!

It sucks that Low carb caused you to lose hair:( I'm sure with a healthy diet of lots of veggies, fruits, right portion of proteins, and good carbs, your body will be getting healthy again, and your hair will get healthy again. Just like my skin, when I stopped lchf, the burning hives started to go away. Now my skin is getting better everyday. I think we were just the few whose body didn't agree with the high fat and protein.

I have only been doing this a week. So I don't know about the Atkins bars because I never ate them. According to the Atkins website they say Atkins is low GI and so is their products. It doesn't give any numbers though.

here is a little information about the bars. Not sure if it helps
Atkins Advantage Bars Product Review - Review of Atkins Low Carb Snack Bars

Hi Ransch and welcome to the forum. Well done on your losses to date. What a pity about your hair. Gi/GL will give you a great variety of healthy and nourishing foods. Given the hairloss, it might also be an idea to take a good all round vitamin supplement for a month or two.
Keep posting your menus and any queries you have. We will help any way we can.
My advice is to stick with it for four weeks or so before you decide whether it suits you or not.
Good luck.

Oh sorry, forgot about your Atkins query. I'm sure they are fine. Use them as a standby when you are out and perhaps can't find a suitable lunch dish etc.

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome! I'm still puzzling over which book to order but I already know what my biggest problem will be---- portion size. I'm no good at measuring and weighing (same as you Ashiefan) and need to see loads of food on my plate. I also need to feel stuffed otherwise I just think of food all day! Oh well let's give it a go anyway!

I'm sure you'll do great :) Like Molly always says eat alot of leafy greens. I guess it adds more bulk to the plate and tummy :)

But the past two days I'm not hungry like I was during the weekend. All the beans are getting me really full :)

Be sure to check out some of the recipes on the recipe thread in the stickies section. There are some fab menus there. If you are open to trying new foods you will find you can still eat loads. I became converted to lentils, all types of beans, quinoa as substitutes for the usual White carbs of potato, pasta, rice.

Back