Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

The mixed grill was lush - I love meat so much and can't believe I can eat so much of it and still lose weight.

so today has been interesting and hard. I went to a multi agency conference arranged by the local authority - lunch was provided but ooooooo it was all of the things that I love - sandwiches and pork pie and little samosas and spring rolls and spicy chicken strips with dips. Argggghh it was so hard I love buffet food and I find stuff a lot harder to resist when it's laid out in front of me - why does nearly everything I like have to be so bad for me :-(

I found myself fantasising about how it would all taste and i had a bit of a wobble so I decided to focus on how virtuous I would feel if I didn't have any and if i ate it how rubbish I'd feel afterwards. Grrrrrr MUST. BE. STRONG. losing weight and my IVF is more important than a short term carb fix!!!!

so I sat there and nursed a coffee while glaring at all the people walking past me with plates piled high. It was soooo hard but I managed to resist so I'm proud of myself.

Went to tesco's this evening and bought a lovely fillet of pork which I stuffed with garlic and herb Philly and wrapped in bacon then roasted it in the oven. I served it with cauliflour rice and asparagus roasted in butter - it was so nice can't believe I was so tempted by that carby crap earlier when I can freely eat food like this - there must be something really wrong with me

On the verge of having a minor meltdown with hubby now -he's been signed off work for three weeks and he's already getting under my feet!

Hope you're all doing ok x

Wow well done for resisting. And the pork sounds lovely. Bet you Cant even give hubby jobs to do can you:(

Thanks, it was really tough though (the resisting not the pork lol)

Unfortunately no I can't give him stuff to do - mostly because he is rubbish at a lot of things (he is actually dangerous with anything practical) and the things he can do - like cooking, washing, housework etc he says he is not able to do at the moment (although strangely he can manage to do all the things he finds enjoyable) blooming MEN!!!!

Ha ha typical !
I wonder if the pork inside pork pies is carby?

Hmmm? Now there's a thought. I could have pinched the middles out of all the pork pies.

Mind you, i have just eaten the middles out of all of the sandwiches in the past when I've been desperate. I got some funny looks that day I can tell you!

Ha ha I'll bet ! Still , I always need pickle with pork pie !

Well life continues to plod along nicely - still not murdered hubby yet although it's been a close thing these last few days lol.

been stuck in the office all day today doing paperwork - so dull and monotonous, then after picking little one up from school went round to see the in laws - all exciting stuff eh? Although my MIL did ask if I'd lost more weight as I was looking very slim which made me very happy - it's great when people say stuff like that - shows it's working!

Now back at home watching tv with the zombie AKA hubby who is plugged in to his headphones and glued to his laptop the same as he has been for the last five nights! I thought it might be nice to have his company in the evening since he is usually at work but honestly you wouldn't really know the difference - except it's messier. And I am tireder from running around after him - grrrrrrr!!

Foodwise today has been good but minimal as my appetite has gone again.

b: black decaf coffee.
l: frankfurter sausage.
d: homemade koftes, egg wraps, cauliflour rice and mayo.

on a positive note TOTM has finally cleared off so I'm hoping for a nice whoosh this week - would be nice to get into the 11's!!

Hope everyone is doing well x

Hey you bloom in men eh?
Maybe he is looking on the internet for a nice holiday for you ;)
Ooh compliments always help and fingers crossed for a big whoosh with the scales :)

Hahaha vicky - I wish!

A holiday would be fantastic right about now!

Hi JG, well done on the compliments - always nice:). Oh dear on hubby - I would kick him or Hoover him:D
Go for a wooshie!

Thanks Kimmi,

i just beat some eggs then thin it down with a bit of soya milk or water and make like a normal omelette. I've found thinning the mixture down means you can make them quite thin so they wrap better x

It's just mince mixed with whichever herbs and spices I fancy ( usually a bit of low carb tomato purée, Worcester sauce, curry powder, sometimes garlic but I generally just chuck in whatever I fancy at the time) I use an egg to bind it together, shape it into sausage shapes and bake it in the oven.

I serve it with salad mayo and egg wraps

Happy hump day everyone - can't wait for the weekend to get here because I'm shattered - no idea why.

gave hubby a good talking to last night - he's supposed to be losing weight too and has been doing slimming world for months but since his op all he's done is sit on his ass and stuff his face - he's telling everyone he's trying to be good but he's really not. He was advised not to do anything strenuous but he's literally not been moving from the chair unless he needs the loo. I told him if he carried on he was going to put every single pound back on and he's being really unfair to me because i'm still trying hard to lose weight and it's hard for me watching him eating all that cr*p (i dont know whats wrong with him because he's usually so understanding and supportive) anyway my little "chat" seems to have worked because he's offered to cook the tea tonight and not eaten any naughties so far - watch this space

so foodwise today has been good, hubby is cooking me chicken baked in mayonaise and parmesan for tea which is my absolute favourite meal of all time! trying to be as 100% as i can this week, currently sitting at 12 stone dead and I really really want to get into those 11's this week!

B: black decaf coffee.
l: piece of leftover pork.
d: chicken baked in mayo and Parmesan with egg fried cauliflour rice.
W: lots

Ooh how do you do the chicken? Do you use frozen cauli for your rice. Dinner sounds amazing!!!!!

Hope hubby sticks to diet there is nothing as hard having someone eating crap when you are being good. Fingers crossed you will have a loss tonight. I can feel that you will!!!!

Thanks vicky,

for the chicken I just mix a bit dollop of mayo with some garlic and Parmesan - smother it all over some chicken breasts and put more grated Parmesan on top and bake in the oven. The sauce comes out creamy and garlicky and doesn't really taste like mayo - it's yummy!

I use either frozen or fresh cauli - I find they both work just as well.

I'm maybe being a bit unfair to hubby he has done amazingly well and has lost two stone - I just don't want him to blow it now, just because he's feeling sorry for himself. Sometimes tough love is required!

Back