Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Ooh that does sound good ! Your hubby has done well to lose 2 stone but it can creep back on so the tough love is very much required !

Haha Susie,

hump day is another word for Wednesday!

Because it's halfway through the working week. The analogy is it's like climbing over a hill - Monday and Tuesday are hard because you're climbing up one side but once you get Wednesday over with you get over the "hump" and it's an easy downhill stroll towards the weekend!

It must be an up north thing - everyone up here says it all the time :D

Ooh that does sound good ! Your hubby has done well to lose 2 stone but it can creep back on so the tough love is very much required !

It does creep on Vicky, he lost three stone for our wedding but put two stone of that back on in a year just by relaxing too much.

Hi all,

feeling very slim and tight around my middle today - it's funny but as I get thinner I feel like my posture improves and I hold myself better. It feels as if I'm sucking my tummy muscles in all the time without trying- it's a really strange feeling. When I was laying in bed this morning I could feel my hip bones sticking out too. I don't ever remember feeling those ever. I'm hoping that this is a good sign for a good whoosh this week!

Hoping I can get a good loss in the next few weeks anyway because I got a letter from the clinic today - my initial appointment to get the ball rolling for my IVF is in two weeks time!! Hoping I can be well into the 11's by then.

hubby has been much better today since I gave him a good talking to yesterday. He's actually moving around and has done the washing up - which makes a pleasant change!

foodwise today I've not eaten much - just not fancied anything much.

b: black decaf coffee.
l: frankfurter sausage.
d: roast chicken, stuffed mushroom, baked asparagus.

Men don't half 'take it easy' to the letter lol. Great news on your appointment! We use the phrase' hump day' in the US, over the hump of the week and downhill from there. Weeeee X

Oh that's really interesting about your tum feeling tighter, JG. I know when I do start to lose my (humungus) tum it gets really wobbly LOL - but then we are at very different ends of the scales :D

Great news on your appointment!

Ooh good luck with appointment brill news. Ooh are you a fellow northerner?

Yep vicky,

i live on the north east coast about 20 miles north of hull at the moment.

Ooh I'm a teessider originally but I live in Tyne and wear now !

Happy Friday everyone!!!

looking forward to a lie in tomorrow - although it probably won't be much of one as we have a busy weekend planned.

Taking the little one to soft play in the morning to run off some energy - it will be nice that I can run around with him this time as I always used to get too breathless to do it. He always used to say "come and play mummy" but I never could - now I feel much fitter so I can't wait to run about with him. After that we will probably do lunch somewhere - possibly the pub for another mega mixed grill :D

little one has been doing football training after school for the last few weeks and has been begging for a football kit, which we said he could have if he kept it up. So looks like we will be going to buy one tomorrow - his daddy who is sports mad is absolutely thrilled!

On another note I went to the GP today to get my blood test results ready for when I see the ivf consultant in two weeks. They included my cholesterol results and my "bad" cholesterol is quite low - just shows you that all the fat we eat doesn't have the negative impact on health that we are always told.

So foodwise today has been good I bought some ribs last week so I've been looking forward to eating them all week and they were yummy.

b: black decaf coffee.
l: frankfurter sausage.
d: BBQ ribs, egg fried cauli rice, baked asparagus.

Oh brilliant on the cholesterol and being able to run with the bairn. Enjoy the shopping and your lunch :)

Morning all.

just weighed in and I am thrilled to report a loss of 4 1/2 pounds this week!

Now well into the 11's with an 11 pound loss in the last three weeks.

Couldnt be happier!

Back