Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Hi welcome back, the hard part is getting started and you have done that. You must be so excited about the

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry pressed submit by mistake..... IVF,

Sent from my HTC One mini using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all,

thanks for all the lovely kind words.

we are so excited for the IVF - we went to the clinic last week to look around and sign some papers. Everyone was so lovely and it had a nice atmosphere so I feel much more relaxed about it now. I saw someone different this time and they said i can start whenever I want once they know the results from hubby's op (which is on Thursday) as now my BMI is under 35 they can't officially stop me but they would like me to be closer to 30 because the chances of success are so much higher - hopefully by the time we get to next month I will be a bit closer to that - cant wait to get started!

going to do my first weigh in tomoro - I know, I know I haven't been on it a full week but I always weigh on a Saturday because it motivates me for the weekend. Very excited to see how I have done - my bloat has gone already, my trousers are loose, my mouth tastes like cr*p and my head is banging - all good signs so fingers crossed for a loss.

tonight I am having chicken baked in mayo and garlic and I'm so excited (sad i know) because its my absolute favourite - I was supposed to have it last night but my oven blew up (luckily it was just a loose wire - fixed now) I was highly tempted to ring for a Chinese but I was strong and had some bacon cooked in the microwave instead.

Appetite is starting to wane - it was the first day today my tummy has not been rumbling - yay!

food today will be:

b: black coffee.
l: some ham with mayo.
d: chicken baked in mayo, egg fried cauli rice.
W: 1 l so far.

happy weekend ladies xx

The clinic sounds fab, JG - everything is pointing in the right direction, with a small BMI drop your next goal - totally achievable! :)

Good luck for tomorrow.

Well I weighed in this morning and.........-4 lbs. Very happy with that as it wasn't a full week. Not quite back to pre Christmas weight but not far off and that all-important BMI is coming down nicely only 33.2 now.

Not much planned for the day - off to tesco's then probably out for some lunch (if I can find something legal) strangely excited about shopping. Want to fill my trolley with lots of lovely cream and cheese and low carb goodies!! I can feel my motivation returning which is good as I have a working lunch next week which will be sandwiches cake n carby cr*p and then my nephews birthday party next Saturday. Must be strong and avoid the naughtiness!!

Nice quiet weekend so far - not done much apart from the food shopping - lots of low carb goodies bought and now purse is significantly lighter - £94 ouch!!! Meat is so expensive.

Fancied a change for my tea last night so I had southern fried chicken strips made with crushed up pork scratchings and spices - yummy. Served it with cauli mash, mayo and egg wraps. I had forgotten how much I love this food!

bought some new sugar free jellies last week - cola flavour and cloudy lemonade flavour - think I will try the cola flavour one tonight to see what it's like - i'm really sad I get so excited about new stuff like that.

so foodwise today will be:

b: black coffee.
l: leftover chicken baked in mayo and garlic.
d: homemade koftes, egg wraps, stuffed mushroom. Sf jelly and cream.
w: 1 l so far

aiming for a modest two pound loss this week hopefully that's achievable although TOTM is on the horizon so it might not happen.

Hope your all winning ladies x

Mmm the chicken sounds lovely - and it is perfectly normal to get excited about new things to try out :D How was the cola jelly?

It was surprisingly nice Susie, I was expecting it to taste weird but I enjoyed it

Well not much to report here today - just plodding along really but work is really busy. Only went back to work last Monday and I already feel like I need a holiday. Only five weeks to wait though until little one is on half term.

Still got a pretty nasty headache and Atkins flu seems to be hanging on but I'm hoping it will go soon taking lots of fat along with it!

foodwise today will be:

b: two black decaf coffees.
l: some garlic sausage.
d: roast chicken and a stuffed mushroom

happy Monday everyone x

Sorry the flu is hanging on, hun, you getting lots of water down? And don't forget my old favourite, chicken stock in hot water :)

Thanks Susie,

yeah I'm always chugging the water - 2l down so far today.

but no pain, no gain right? It will pass soon enough x

Thanks Toni,

starting to get nervous about hubby's op now the closer it gets. Just want it over and done with so we know what we are facing for definite.

I love the chicken in mayo too. it's my absolute favourite. cant claim credit for the recipe though as I nicked it from someone else on here - Katie I think.

cola jelly came from morrisons. They had cola and cloudy lemonade flavour x

Oh yum cloudy lemonade sound nice!

Well of course you're bound to feel a little apprehensive about hubby's op - but it will all go fine, hun, they do a gazillion of these every year xxx

Well TOTM has arrived with a vengeance and I feel bloaty and crap.

dont think there is much chance of a loss this week as no doubt I'll be carrying several buckets of water on my hips because of it.

Got another training course tomorrow which means getting up ludicrously early to catch a train - meh! It will be a very long day and lunch is provided which is always difficult. I've packed an Atkins bar and a can of coke xero in my bag to keep me going until I get home. I don't really like Atkins bars at all and I know they are not the best thing to eat but it's better than a bacon sandwich I guess.

Foodwise today has been ok - not wanting to snack any more and lost my craving for sweet stuff so I guess it's going in the right direction.

b: black decaf coffee.
l: some ham.
d: chicken curry and egg fried cauli rice.
w: 2 l so far.

hope you are all having a good day x

Hi huni bun,

Just catching up; you look amazing in the dress - gorgeous colour xx. And the cake - wow! Wow! Wow! It was amazing, your so clever and very practical.

Sorry to hear about totm and the course, what a pain! Hope you can get through on the coke0 and bar. Nuts are also good to keep you going.

Have a great day xx.

Wretched totm, hope it flies by!

For the course, why not take some ham and cheese/cream cheese roll ups, they are scrummy! xx

Well I am back from the most pointless course in the history of the world.

It's been such a long day was up at 6.15 this morning and didnt get home until 7.30 and during that time I ate.......nothing! I did get the Atkins bar out at one point but I just couldn't face eating it - they are disgusting things. I wasn't really hungry anyway and it seemed pointless eating it for the sake of it.

there were lots of lovely m and s sandwiches, crisps, fruit and cakes which were all very tempting but I am very proud of myself because i stayed strong and didnt have any. couldnt even pick the middles out because they all had sauces on them - it is difficult though because everybody always looks at you and wonders why you are not eating. I had a few decaf coffees and some water.

I did go into m and s simply food at the station while I was waiting for my train home and they had quite a few low carb bits but i got to the till with it and realised i didnt fancy it after all, again I just wasn't hungry and I always feel sick if I force myself to eat so I didn't bother.

must really try to make the effort to do myself some pack up before my next course which is on Monday.

just got home and had some leftover egg fried cauli rice and chicken curry and now getting hubby's stuff ready for hospital tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday ladies!

Chicken curry sounds brilliant right now, any chance of having your recipe plz x

Ps good luck for tomorrow although I'm sure you won't need it

Back