Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Thanks for all your lovely posts guys! I'm feeling much better today (was on a bit of a weird roller coaster yesterday, feeling manic one minute and exhausted the next. That long post was in a manic phase....). Cuts are pretty sore but definitely healing and I have some cracking bruises coming up in very odd places. Still, at least it happened while I still have some natural padding eh?!

Caro, there's a muffin thread out there, let's make it the definitive guide to Dukan muffins: http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/281618-ellie1969-anyone-who-can-help-me-her-muffin-recipe.html I know what you mean though - I'm finding it hard to have muffin free days. But then I worry I'll get sick of them....(What do you mean, I worry too much?!??)

Oh, and as for body pump, yep, I absolutely love it. Definitely gets quick results but I still enjoy the cardio side. Do you do combat and attack as well? I love a bit of combat but not so keen on attack. Did body balance one time and liked it but never made it back. Missed my usual gym session today but just wasn't feeling up for it. Think I'll leave it tomorrow as well and get back to it on Monday. My body's still not quite right...

For Geneva, I am going to avoid fondu at all costs. Despite being only a shade above 5 foot tall, I have an incredible capacity for eating melted cheese. :eatdrink012: [This is not an emoticon. It is actually a short film clip of me and cheese before I started Dukan.] I'm not risking all the hard work over the last 4 weeks on that one meal!! It'll be fine. I'm going to take a stock of non-perishable bean curd snacks so I can make sure I'm not going to (or leaving) Dukan unfriendly restaurants when I'm hungry.

Ceri, you crack me up! The physio is married, thank you for checking! Maybe I should just keep injuring myself until I meet a hot, single healthcare person? (Dear Fate - that was a JOKE. I do not want any more injuries, thank you.)

Am not going to get into the whole suing thing to be honest, but I did go back in there today. I wanted to know they have put procedures in place to stop it ever happening again and that they have recorded it in their accident book properly. I want them to pay for the taxi I took afterwards to get to my appointment and also for the dry cleaning for my clothes (favourite skirt, sob) that got blood on them. Was nervous to go in though as I had visions of them denying it had happened or saying it was my fault somehow.

As it turns out the shift manager knew all about it and said straight away that they were responsible and that the owner knew about it and would call me on Monday when he was back in the country. He said he couldn't believe no one had taken my details and really couldn't believe they had been so stupid as to open the hatch without checking. We'll see what this owner says. I should probably report them to the council but not sure I want to get embroiled in all that....

Cruise day 25

Today was fine. Did another PP day as I'd put on a pound yesterday (despite not eating anything illegal, I knew I'd been picking too much and dairy was a bit higher than usual). Have walked heaps as well for some reason. Ooh, and today I did something I've not done in 15 months - I went clothes shopping! I'd just been avoiding it for months when I was heavier as although I knew all my clothes were too tight, buying bigger ones, well, that would just have been admitting it was true.

So I've been getting very bored of my wardrobe and although I was planning to hold out until I'm at target, I got sucked in to one shop by the sales and then, well, I broke the shopping seal.... Today I have 4 new dresses! All are either size 8s or 10s which feels great. I might have even checked out my own bum a bit in the changing room mirror. :rolleyes: Was funny seeing myself in full length mirrors as there aren't any in my flat and I realised for the first time that I definitely am looking slimmer. But must NOT shop more until a. I've lost the last 8lbs and b. have more money. Must. Replace. Seal.

B: small decaf skinny cappuccino, 40g sausage quiche and poached trout
L: shirataki noodles with cod and shallots, vanilla mousse
S: 1 lemon muffin, 75g smoked tofu, 40g sausage quiche, 1 veggie sausage
D: salmon wrapped in plaice with herby pesto stuffing, 50g frozen lemon cheesecake mix

Exercise: 2 hours walking

Today is the end of my 4th week. Still no booze, no chocolate, no crisps, no bread, no cheese.... My cheats have basically been absent-mindedly eating asparagus on a PP day and having a semi-skimmed latte when skimmed milk wasn't available. Oh, and my big treat which is the apparently off limits according to Dr D....San Pellegrino mineral water. Honestly, if you'd told me 4 weeks ago that I'd soon be considering mineral water a special treat, I'd have laughed so hard I'd have dribbled.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. Come on Murray!

Jx

Hi Joodle, I've just come across your diary. I'm so glad that your feeling a bit better after your dreadful ordeal. It's amazing that you only suffered some cuts take care of yourself hun xx

O god joodle I've been away and just checked in so glad your ok lovely sending you massive big hugs xx

Thanks you two! Absolutely no long term damage and the colourful bruises that keep appearing are keeping me entertained!

Nice to 'meet' you Lose2Win and congrats on losing over 25% of your bodyweight so far! Which diet are you doing? Do you really go down to just a few hundred calories every other day? That sounds tough!

Jx

Hope you feel better today !!

And that will heal rapidly.

Please, tell me how are shirataki noodles?

I heard great things about those.

Hi :wavey:wow u are doing so well! Sorry to hear about ur accident ;( hope u heal fast! I know what u mean about picking days sometimes my face isnt ever out the fridge! Thats defo when we need to push ourselves to eat more protein and then sit back feeling full and wait for the superb losses. Look after yourself :)

glad you took it easy this weekend, J, and very good to hear you're sounding more chipper. i'll do an extra body pump on your behalf this week :)

i tried combat a few times. had to laugh when you mentioned attack because it only means one thing to me these days! as for other cardio, i tried zumba last week but it was a bit frustrating. way too many dance moves and short tracks and very hard to actually reach a good heart rate. some of the instructors here seem to think that the more moves, the better the class. so for cardio i generally go for spinning where i can do as high intensity as i'm up for. and i can walk for hours at a time.

thanks for all the positive vibes this weekend,

Cx

Yep, agree about spin - it's definitely best for cardio!

Elisheba, I really did like the noodles! I found some more today for £1.04 so that's not even too horrendously expensive. I rinsed them really well first then boiled them for 2 mins then rinsed well again. I was already a big fan of cellophane noodles though and these remind me of that, so maybe I just like them because they're familiar. Am going to try doing them as a stir fry with egg and some slice spring onion and smoked tofu. They do seem too good to be true though - am expecting to find out something terrible about them before long!

Kirsty, you're so right about the protein. I know I'm going to need to remember that when I have really bad days. Thanks for your kind words.

Jx

Cruise day 26 PV

Uneventful day, just what I needed! Didn't have a great night's sleep because all the cuts are starting to heal and they're getting tight and itchy. They're healing cleanly though so shouldn't complain.

Walked down to the Southbank with my Mum, wanted to show her all the cool stuff that's happening around there. We went to my favourite place for hot chocolate (sooo thick, the spoon literally does stand up in it) but I resisted and had a skinny decaf cappuccino instead. Didn't even have a taste when she offered me. :angel09: Was it ever chucking it down though - what is this weather doing?!

Came back to watch the final (oh well Murray, there's always next year) and scored a few packets of shirataki noodles on the way home. If anyone's in London they sell them for £1.04 in the Japan centre off Regent's St. Also picked up a packet of the weird grey version of the noodles, that comes in a slab. No idea what to do with it but saw something about it when I was researching the noodles so will experiment and let you know! Grey food....mmmmmm. Konnyaku and shirataki FAQ: The almost zero-calorie, weird wobbly food from Japan | Just Hungry

B: Poached duck egg on 2 x savoury muffin (don't want to know if duck eggs aren't allowed....)
L: 70g poached salmon with 1/2 tsp extra light hell man's, 1 vanilla mousse, 100g frozen lemon cheesecake mix
S: small decaf skinny cappuccino, savoury muffin with 1 extra light laughing cow triangle (OMG, a sandwich, forgot what that is!), 1 veggie sausage, 25 g TVP mince
D: asparagus, salmon wrapped in plaice
Exercise: 90 mins walking
WW pro points: 27 (not including the wine if I have some...)

Ok, I have a dilemma about tonight. Yesterday marked my first 4 weeks on Dukan and it has been cheat free. No booze. I'm staying at my parents' flat for a while (new flat has damp and needs work...) and my Dad usually has decent wine and always expects me to have some with him. Not in a bad way - it's something we enjoy together. I've had to keep saying no to him and I know he thinks it's a bit of a shame. Anyway, to explain myself I said I was trying to have a month off booze and that was finished on Saturday so I would have a glass with him on Sunday, i.e. today, before they go away tomorrow. Am now thinking that tomorrow is weigh in and do I want to jeopardise it with wine? I do quite fancy a glass, whereas I've not been fussed at all up till now really.

What do I do?!!?

Have you had your oats? I'd we could figure out how to do wraps, you could make a tortilla or burrito or something similar?

Make the dukan bread, its similar consistency to pitta bread, ive put the recipe on the recipe thread, i have it a lot good base for pizza or to make sandwiches. Cx

Have the wine, a small glass or refuse? how much do you want the scales to move and how much do you want to please your Dad? How long do you want it to take to get to TW? and when will you see your Dad next?

Sorry just gave you more questions,but if it was me, i would probably have a small glass, and then you can avoid all the diet questions? The choice is yours hun. Cx

joodle.....................hahahaha i'm bloody kn******d catching upwith your diary lol but in a good way, your doing great on this Dukan journey and as Colette says a couple of glasses with your dad is worth it, taking a little longer to target weighed against time with dad....priceless x and loving the internet dating side line....keep us posted lol as if you wouldnt on your journey for Mr. Right x loved reading you this evening x;)

I heard that alcohol and ketosis do not mix well.
And people who tried it said that it had some bad side effects.
( hangover type effects after just a few drinks )

I'm sure shirataki is perfectly fine.
It's been used for for many, many years...
Too bad I cannot find it here.
I will end up ordering it on the internet like I did with the flavorings.

Have a great week, Joodle. Heal well and soon.
Are you still in pain?
Did you get that call from the owner?

I would think a little wine after the week you've had is completely deserved! Good quality wine is there to be enjoyed not denied!

Make the dukan bread, its similar consistency to pitta bread, ive put the recipe on the recipe thread, i have it a lot good base for pizza or to make sandwiches. Cx

Great tip, thanks!!

joodle.....................hahahaha i'm bloody kn******d catching upwith your diary lol but in a good way, your doing great on this Dukan journey and as Colette says a couple of glasses with your dad is worth it, taking a little longer to target weighed against time with dad....priceless x and loving the internet dating side line....keep us posted lol as if you wouldnt on your journey for Mr. Right x loved reading you this evening x;)

Sid!! I can't believe you waded through all my ramblings, you deserve some kind of medal!! Not even my own mother would have persevered, I'm quite sure. Did you ever used to go to the Little Chef when you were little when they would give you a lollipop if you finished your meal? (That's messed up now I come to think of it...) Well, you should have a Dukan lollipop as a reward! Thanks for reading, have been catching up with your too - an amazing journey!

Will indeed keep you in the loop....if I can ever identify some decent photos to use in my profile. That's this week's challenge....

Jx

So the results are in and firstly, I decided against a glass of wine last night. Weighed up how much I would enjoy it versus how annoyed I would be if I had another pathetic loss like last week (0.6lbs after being sooo good) and decided to wait. Dad and I sat and watched the tennis together though so we still had some quality time!

However, I may have a glass tonight to celebrate a 3lb loss! Can't believe it - must have stood on the scales 15 times to check it was true. Am delighted and really glad I didn't lose heart after last week's disappointment. That's 1 stone 2lbs lost, 5lbs to go.

Thanks for all your advice this week, you guys rock!

Jx

I'm sure shirataki is perfectly fine.
It's been used for for many, many years...
Too bad I cannot find it here.
I will end up ordering it on the internet like I did with the flavorings.

Have a great week, Joodle. Heal well and soon.
Are you still in pain?
Did you get that call from the owner?

Thanks Elisheba, I'm healing nicely thank you. Good to know that the noodles won't be secretly doing damage to my innards!

The owner just called and it's left me shaking a bit. Not sure why as he was being very evasive and obviously didn't want to make any kind of offer before hearing what I was going to suggest. I am so crap at this sort of thing. He said to email him so am going to ponder it over. He's was saying they have insurance which covers this sort of thing, but I wasn't thinking of asking for any huge sum that would get an insurance company involved. Will go and have a muffin and think about it.

Thanks for your support.

Jx

Back