Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

So where is he sleeping ? :)

Honestly, I turn my back for one minute and my diary's full of (other people's) smut again! Honestly!

Moving swiftly on...

Cruise Day 28 (I think I've lost track here, I could just be making these numbers up. The thing that worries me is that according to the Dukan site, I'm meant to finish cruise after 44 days. Hmmm, we shall see.) PV

Spent the first half of the day sittingin my (still completely unfurnished apart from a fold up chair and pink lamp) flat,waiting for the man from the insurance company to come round and seeabout the damp and peeling wallpaper. Inevitably, given that the timeslot I was allotted was 8am-12pm, he turned up at 11.25. I don't evenhave a kettle so was sitting getting more and more desperate for acuppa, trying not to eat my muffins as I really like having them witha coffee and it's just not the same without.

Not sure what'll happen with theinsurance but he's trying to see if he can get the company to pay torepaper the whole room – it's this crazy embossed stuff at themoment (been there about 30 years apparently) so if they just do onebit of the wall in the corner where it's peeled, it's going to look abit odd.

Anyway, snuck in a coffee with mymuffins on the way back to work which felt a bit cheeky. I thenproceeded to spend practically the whole day on minimins and barelygot through a fraction of the work I should be doing. No idea what'scome over me – work is entering a crazy period and whatever I don'tdo now is just going to have to happen in the evenings or at weekends– might need to work on my minimins addiction now that I seem tohave dealt with sugar! So weird though, never in my life have I somuch as posted a comment on an online article, now here I am writingpractically a novel every night about what I ate. Sometimes Iastonish myself. (And not in a particularly good way!)

Ooh, and had a bit of a Dukan firsttoday – ATE OUT IN A RESTAURANT! And what's more....it was ok. Iwas nervous beforehand, not that I would choose something un-Dukan,but because I didn't want to have to not eat anything and then face aton of questions from my friend. But there was grilled fish on themenu so I had that and asked for salad instead of the bakedtagliatelle cake and it was very fresh and light and she never wouldhave suspected. She's pregnant so it wasn't even weird that I didn'tdrink. Phew, that makes me feel better about next week away.

On my way home I popped into thishealth food store to see what sort of things I could stock up on tohelp me while I'm away. I found some soya protein chunks in littlemini packets which will be perfect and then slightly less perfect,bought a sachet of a protein mix thing. I only got one though, foremergencies. Figured if worse comes to worse, I can add it to acoffee or something. I know Dr D doesn't approve but he also doesn'thave to spend a week in Geneva when he's trying really, really hardnot to go off plan.

B: 100g total 0% yoghurt, 2 orangemuffins, 1 teaspoon quark frosting
S: decaf black coffee + 2 orangemuffins (yep, too many muffins there, you're not really counting are you?)
L: 1/4 tub cottage cheese, lettuce,2tsp dressing, 4 crab sticks, 80g dukan quiche, 1 rollmop herring,cherry toms
S: ¼ tub cottage cheese, 90g smokedsalmon
D: 110g grilled sea bream, salad

Exercise: 75 mins walking
WW pro points: 26

Then I was soooo naughty on the wayhome. I've been so good with money since I bought my new flatbecause I have such a lot of work to do on it and that's my numberone priority at the moment. But I walked past Mango on the way home(why the heck do they stay open until 10pm? Don't they know it willencourage us?!!) and got sucked in. I didn't buy clothes for about15 months while I was overweight, yet in the last week I've shoppedtwice! This has to stop! I should just be excited about gettingback into the 85% of my wardrobe that didn't fit me until a week orso ago - that's as good as having new clothes. But no, dear reader,I shopped. I must be stopped – I'm not even at target yet! Iblame the sales. It definitely can't be my fault. Sigh.

I then proceeded to spend practically the whole day on minimins and barely got through a fraction of the work I should be doing. No idea what's come over me – work is entering a crazy period and whatever I don'tdo now is just going to have to happen in the evenings or at weekends– might need to work on my minimins addiction now that I seem tohave dealt with sugar! So weird though, never in my life have I somuch as posted a comment on an online article, now here I am writing practically a novel every night about what I ate. Sometimes I astonish myself. (And not in a particularly good way!)

Ha! Me too! (I swear we're leading parallel lives, J. Well, except for the man in the shower. :p But moving swiftly on... )
I too have been sucked into the cult that is minimins. i can't imagine a day going by without checking the posts. and now that i have an iPhone, I use the app constantly (although i prefer my PC since i haven't figured out how to 'like' on the app, or see everyone's stats). Work is definitely taking a back seat and I swear my OH thought i had some secret online lover until i had to confess who I was spending all my time with. :ashamed0005: )

I know i will eventually have to cut down, but i wouldn't have been able to get so far with dukan if i wasn't doing this with you guys and all your tips, advice, recipes, success stories... plus it's like finding any new passion: you want to share things with people who know what you're talking about and understand why finding a tub of quark or trying a new muffin flavor is the highlight of your day.

My theory (drumroll / soapbox please) is that people with food issues are often 'addictive personalities', and sometimes it helps to replace an unhealthy addiction with a healthier one. the forum also provides an alternative to comfort eating, since everyone here is so supportive. i guess this is old news to many people who have joined slimming clubs or diet groups, but i think this goes way beyond that. so thank you thank you thank you to those wonderful people who started and maintain this site! :worthy:

Ooh, and had a bit of a Dukan first today – ATE OUT IN A RESTAURANT! And what's more....it was ok. I was nervous beforehand, not that I would choose something un-Dukan,but because I didn't want to have to not eat anything and then face a ton of questions from my friend. But there was grilled fish on the menu so I had that and asked for salad instead of the baked tagliatelle cake and it was very fresh and light and she never would have suspected. She's pregnant so it wasn't even weird that I didn't drink. Phew, that makes me feel better about next week away.

Now look who's out there in the Real World of Food! Good on ya, British Jude (you're right, it doesn't work... you will be forever Joodle in my book!) You will be absolutely fine next week, and will have a ball!

Then I was soooo naughty on the way home. I've been so good with money since I bought my new flat because I have such a lot of work to do on it and that's my number one priority at the moment. But I walked past Mango on the way home (why the heck do they stay open until 10pm? Don't they know it will encourage us?!!) and got sucked in. I didn't buy clothes for about15 months while I was overweight, yet in the last week I've shopped twice! This has to stop! I should just be excited about getting back into the 85% of my wardrobe that didn't fit me until a week or so ago - that's as good as having new clothes. But no, dear reader,I shopped. I must be stopped – I'm not even at target yet! I blame the sales. It definitely can't be my fault. Sigh.

Oh, God, I just realised I edited your post and put in the missing spaces. I'm terrible! But it's my job and i can't help it...

Hey, you're quite entitled to 1 or 2 splurges to celebrate your weightloss so far. But just make sure you're choosing things that you'll still be able to wear once those last few pounds disappear! I have to admit i went on a huge underwear shop at figleaves last weekend (it was all on saaaaaaaale!) and i'm hoping that the lovely ladies (.)(.) will not have changed size. but at least i can send things back and change sizes if necessary.

right, on to that work i mentioned...

cheerio,

Cx

Cool day, Joodle!

And what harm can a little bit of shopping do ... ?! :D

P x

PS - in my experience, insurance will definitely cover re-decorating the whole room xxx

Hi Joodle and all,

Stig of the dump, we also gave one of our cats the name.
Shopping new clothes new you.
Short is really good, I love it. Shorties get to places others do not.
I am addicted to this forum as well and being a slow reader it takes me for ever but I am loving it. One thing that I am finding very unfair is I keep going to the shower but there is no man there ! Off to try again. Have a great day remember to do some work.

Hey, Jo ( may I call you Jo? )

Just wanted to let you know that fruits are overrated.
In conso, you will see what I mean.

Have a productive day at work!

Hugs!

I think we should all sign up to MA (Minimins Anonymous) -_- lol!

Loving the new picture Caro ;).

I don't want the OH in the shower with me; he takes up all the room, water and gets my floor wet :eek:.

I always log on at work and actually feel irritated if a colleague gets close to my screen, as I have to quickly (like I'm Superman) close the page *sigh* :)

I like coming on here, as I'm sure Mr is fed up of me rambling on about how successful Dukan is.

just love reading your posts, sitting here with a big smile on my face, OH is wondering whats going on !! lol Cx

Same hear..Hubby is starting to think I've got another man lol xxx

Flipping heck Joodle how long have I been away? I come back and we have moved from falls to popcorn and to men in the shower..... anyway moving along swiftly! I hope you are ok now and really happy for you with your progress. As for shopping dont feel bad, I love Mango and that makes it ok!!!;) Problem is I always buy smaller clothes and kid myself that I will fit into them soon only to give them away to those who are lucky enough or rather thin enough to fit in them! I once bought a size 14 dress despite the fact that I was nearly busting out of a size 18! :rolleyes: Anyway have a good weekend.

Oh man, I just love coming back here and finding all your comments. It's like we're all in the pub together...but at different times and, um...with no booze. Ok, so not that like the pub! Hilarious to think everyone is having to 'fess up to their other halves to avoid marital strife! 'No darling, I'm not having an affair, I've just become a diet geek.' Are they relieved to find out the truth or do they just roll their eyes and think you're all mad?!?

Caro, I think you have a point about addictive personalities. No idea how to cure the minimins one, not sure I'm even going to try!

Ok, today. Have mislaid my diary (please, please let it be at work or else I am scuppered...) so no idea where I'm at. Let's just call it twenty something. PP day

Funny old day. Had a call with someone from the advisory service at work and ended up in this loop of advisors and lawyers and everyone, all telling me slightly different things. (About the trap door incident that is.) In the end I have just written to the pub company saying I don't want to sue but I do want to know exactly what they're doing to prevent it from happening again and if they'd like to compensate me for my ruined clothes and the shock then that would be nice. So we'll see.

I've also realise I've chipped a bit of my front tooth. Although I can't be 100% sure it was from the fall, it seems pretty likely as I'd have realised if it had chipped when I was eating something surely? I've said that much to them too, will see what they say. The bruises are still pretty bad and seem sorer now somehow. I seem to bash into them every 5 minutes mind you, which doesn't help.

Was feeling grumpy and irritable all day and really craving sweet stuff. Then I realised I'm due on Saturday which explains things a bit, although I very rarely have any symptoms of PMT at all. Or perhaps I always crave sweet stuff and just don't notice because I'm not usually trying to live without sugar!

Got home and sort of prowled the flat for Dukan friendly sweet stuff. Ended up making tofuchoc creme or whatever it's called. Not quite the same as consuming a tub of chocolate mousse. No, not by a long shot. Very. Odd.

B: 150g total 0% + vanilla + sweetener, 2 ginger and cinnamon muffins, 1 egg
S: tall skimmed decaf sugar free hazelnut latte
L: poached salmon and shirataki noodle miso soup (note to self: not one for eating in an open plan office because 1. fish smells and 2. slippery noodles are not appropriate for eating in front of other people.)
S: 8 seafood sticks, 1 rollmop herring,
D: 100g smoked tofu, 1/2 quorn burger, 60g tofuchoc creme

Exercise: 70 minutes walking
WW pro points: 30

In other news...I've managed to score a ticket to see the final technical rehearsal for the Olympic Games opening ceremony!! I had tears in my eyes when I read the email saying I'd got one! They said they had 5000 tickets to give away to 8000 London ambassadors (yep, us with the dodgy uniforms...) and did a ballot and results were out today. I don't think I could possibly get more excited about the Olympics. I'll stop now, I'm feeling a little faint.

So tomorrow is Friday the 13th and I have to walk past that trap door again on my way to physio. If you hear that I got run over, it's because I was avoiding the trap door, ok?

Have lovely Fridays everyone! Jx

Flipping heck Joodle how long have I been away? I come back and we have moved from falls to popcorn and to men in the shower..... anyway moving along swiftly! I hope you are ok now and really happy for you with your progress. As for shopping dont feel bad, I love Mango and that makes it ok!!!;) Problem is I always buy smaller clothes and kid myself that I will fit into them soon only to give them away to those who are lucky enough or rather thin enough to fit in them! I once bought a size 14 dress despite the fact that I was nearly busting out of a size 18! :rolleyes: Anyway have a good weekend.

Becky, I have a dress that I bought ages ago that still has the labels on it because it looked so horrific, I couldn't even face taking it back. Wish I'd got a photo of me bulging out of it all over the place though, as I tried it on tonight and it fits perfectly. Yours will too soon! - 2lbs to that first stone!
Jx

Hi Joodle and all,

Stig of the dump, we also gave one of our cats the name.
Shopping new clothes new you.
Short is really good, I love it. Shorties get to places others do not.
I am addicted to this forum as well and being a slow reader it takes me for ever but I am loving it. One thing that I am finding very unfair is I keep going to the shower but there is no man there ! Off to try again. Have a great day remember to do some work.

Ha! Keep trying, he pops up when you least expect it.

Love Stig of the Dump, one of my fave books when I was a kid. A few years ago I went to a dump with some friends when we were having a flat clear out. I was expecting it to be like the dump from Stig of the...but it wasn't. It was these containers and we had to put our stuff in it. For some reason I got the giggles so badly I could hardly breathe and the dump manager asked me to leave as he thought I was drunk. Oh dear.

Hey, Jo ( may I call you Jo? )

Just wanted to let you know that fruits are overrated.
In conso, you will see what I mean.

Have a productive day at work!

Hugs!

Elisheba, you could call me Bob and I wouldn't mind! Jx

Oh, God, I just realised I edited your post and put in the missing spaces. I'm terrible! But it's my job and i can't help it...

Wait, what spaces? What did I do? I'm a horrible stickler, put me out of my misery! What's your job by the way? Editing, proof reading, space replacing...?? Jx

Elisheba, you could call me Bob and I wouldn't mind! Jx

Hey Bob ;)

If this IS the dukan pub, then consider me the dukan forum dirty stop out :D...nah not really, just the forum insomniac :)

I love reading your diary and didn't want to read and run, I haven't read 50 shades of grey*...but must say the little assignation you had was more than a bit intriguing ;) movin' swiftly on :)

hope you have a great time at the olympic do :) sounds like history in the making,

night hun x

* possibly the only person in the country :D

Wait, what spaces? What did I do? I'm a horrible stickler, put me out of my misery! What's your job by the way? Editing, proof reading, space replacing...?? Jx

your post #182 - looks like your keyboard spacebar got stuck? you can't possibly be typing these novels on an iphone!

i also go back and edit my own posts if i spot a typo... Useless theory # 284: Overeaters tend to have compulsive disorders...

I work in education technology: editing online & multimedia language-learning materials. the space-replacing is just on the side... :)

Cx

Back