Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Morning Bob

Please don't get run over today (try your best!). You had me laughing out loud this morning about getting asked to leave the dump!! :8855: OMG, the shame .... ;)

Have a good Dukan day

P XXX

Hehehe watch out J, bob could stick x

Becky, I have a dress that I bought ages ago that still has the labels on it because it looked so horrific, I couldn't even face taking it back. Wish I'd got a photo of me bulging out of it all over the place though, as I tried it on tonight and it fits perfectly. Yours will too soon! - 2lbs to that first stone!
Jx

And I missed the stone by 0.5lb, i am miffed! Hopefully I lose 2lb next week so I am out of the 15s.

Hey Bob ;)

I love reading your diary and didn't want to read and run, I haven't read 50 shades of grey*...but must say the little assignation you had was more than a bit intriguing ;) movin' swiftly on :)

You know, to me, 50 shades of grey sounds like it should be about a hair colourist in an old people's home.

your post #182 - looks like your keyboard spacebar got stuck? you can't possibly be typing these novels on an iphone!

i also go back and edit my own posts if i spot a typo... Useless theory # 284: Overeaters tend to have compulsive disorders...

I work in education technology: editing online & multimedia language-learning materials. the space-replacing is just on the side... :)

Cx

Argh, that's so annoying! I sometimes type my diary in the fake word programme Libre office, and for no reason that I can understand, when I cut and paste it in here it sometimes removes every 10th space between the words and adds spaces between paragraphs. Complete mystery.

But never mind that! I've just been looking into online learning as a potential option for the training component of the project I work for. Might be picking your brain for more than just diet tips soon! Are you a linguist too, I mean, do you develop the content? Sorry, get over excited about online learning and languages, will calm down now.

:eek:

And I missed the stone by 0.5lb, i am miffed! Hopefully I lose 2lb next week so I am out of the 15s.

I will have none of this sort of talk in my diary Becky! You lost 1 1/2 pounds in a week, that's fantastic. Isn't it? Come on, admit it! Marathon not a sprint my dear, so don't forget to pat yourself on the back when it's due. Here, I'll do it for you this time. :patback:

Jx

Right, just 10 minutes left of Friday 13th and I have avoided trap doors magnificently well, all day one! Don't like to tempt fate, but I think I'm safe now.

Cruise day 31 (31? How on earth has that happened. I'm meant to get to TW in 13 days? That Dukan fella is a slave driver.) PV day.

Still feel like eating everything today, can't believe how hungry I've been compared to the first few weeks. Am hoping it's down to TOTM rather than too much sweetener which I think some folk have said can make you hungry. Think I'm going to start limiting the white powder again just in case. (No funny comments please, you know I mean stevia. I hear cocaine is awfully high in carbs.)

B: 150g total 0% + stewed rhubarb
S: 2 chocolate muffins
L: fennel, cucumber, cherry tom salad with 1 tsp oil, rollmop herring, 4 seafood sticks, 100g tofuchoc with yoghurt
S: cottage cheese with smoked salmon and gherkins chopped through (not my greatest ever idea but I was at work until 9pm and desperate), 4 seafood sticks,
D: roast butternut squash, onion and peppers, round courgette stuffed with TVP and 35g light mozzarella from Lidl which just sneaks in under my cut off point for fat...a right treat.

Had lunch out with a colleague and the place we went to was not very Dukan friendly so I just had a fennel side salad. Was a bit sad really, sitting there picking at leaves while she tucked into to a massive plate of food. Just felt a bit anti-social and she probably thinks I have an eating disorder now. In fact, on the way back to the office I'd been saying I was feeling tired and she asked if I was eating enough carbs. She's so switched on, I felt completely busted!

Spoke to the insurance people and they will give me £740 for the room, minus the £250 excess so just under £500. I'm happy with that and very relieved it happened before, not after I redecorated! Also had an email back from the pub chain, inviting me to meet them in another one of their pubs. Yeah right guys, as if. Asked them to meet me somewhere near my work - it'll have to be in a weeks time as I'm away with work next week. Just want it over with, not really looking forward to having to speak to them.

Been wondering today why the 'establishment' is so against Dukan. Did you guys read about how the British Dietetic Association voted Dukan it's worst celebrity diet of 2011? (Weight Loss Plans | Duchess’ Mother’s Dukan Diet Tops List Of World’s Worst Weight Loss Plans)

Worse than something called the Alcorexia diet where you don't eat, you get all your calories from alcohol. I mean really? Really? A diet where you eat oat bran, low fat protein, unlimited veg every other day and plenty of low fat calcium rich dairy is worse than existing mainly on booze? Do these people actually read the books they are slamming? They clearly never try them.

Since starting, apart from the notorious day 2, I've felt great. I've not had blood sugar spikes and dips and my skin's improved. I just don't believe it would have done if the diet were all that bad.

I really can't fathom where all the animosity towards low carb diets has come from. I can't help feel it's like Galileo when he started saying the earth was round. It's just so far away from what dieticians are taught that they can't even let themselves consider it.

Dunno why that suddenly annoyed me so much. Just strikes me as ignorant. I'd love to see some research on the long-term effect of Dukan - not just how it compares to traditional low fat, high carb diets in terms of weight loss, but how well people are able to stick to it long term.

Well, that was a very serious diary! Here's a cheese joke to cheer us up. It's in honour of my mozzarella treat and the fact that I've been feeling a bit cheesed off. (Groan.)

Q: What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror?

A: Halloumi!

Night all.

Jx

Joodle said:
You know, to me, 50 shades of grey sounds like it should be about a hair colourist in an old people's home.

Hahaha a laugh to start the day.....thank you.....

Joodle said:
Right, just 10 minutes left of Friday 13th and I have avoided trap doors magnificently well, all day one! Don't like to tempt fate, but I think I'm safe now.

Cruise day 31 (31? How on earth has that happened. I'm meant to get to TW in 13 days? That Dukan fella is a slave driver.) PV day.

Still feel like eating everything today, can't believe how hungry I've been compared to the first few weeks. Am hoping it's down to TOTM rather than too much sweetener which I think some folk have said can make you hungry. Think I'm going to start limiting the white powder again just in case. (No funny comments please, you know I mean stevia. I hear cocaine is awfully high in carbs.)

B: 150g total 0% + stewed rhubarb
S: 2 chocolate muffins
L: fennel, cucumber, cherry tom salad with 1 tsp oil, rollmop herring, 4 seafood sticks, 100g tofuchoc with yoghurt
S: cottage cheese with smoked salmon and gherkins chopped through (not my greatest ever idea but I was at work until 9pm and desperate), 4 seafood sticks,
D: roast butternut squash, onion and peppers, round courgette stuffed with TVP and 35g light mozzarella from Lidl which just sneaks in under my cut off point for fat...a right treat.

Had lunch out with a colleague and the place we went to was not very Dukan friendly so I just had a fennel side salad. Was a bit sad really, sitting there picking at leaves while she tucked into to a massive plate of food. Just felt a bit anti-social and she probably thinks I have an eating disorder now. In fact, on the way back to the office I'd been saying I was feeling tired and she asked if I was eating enough carbs. She's so switched on, I felt completely busted!

Spoke to the insurance people and they will give me £740 for the room, minus the £250 excess so just under £500. I'm happy with that and very relieved it happened before, not after I redecorated! Also had an email back from the pub chain, inviting me to meet them in another one of their pubs. Yeah right guys, as if. Asked them to meet me somewhere near my work - it'll have to be in a weeks time as I'm away with work next week. Just want it over with, not really looking forward to having to speak to them.

Been wondering today why the 'establishment' is so against Dukan. Did you guys read about how the British Dietetic Association voted Dukan it's worst celebrity diet of 2011? (Weight Loss Plans | Duchess' Mother's Dukan Diet Tops List Of World's Worst Weight Loss Plans)

Worse than something called the Alcorexia diet where you don't eat, you get all your calories from alcohol. I mean really? Really? A diet where you eat oat bran, low fat protein, unlimited veg every other day and plenty of low fat calcium rich dairy is worse than existing mainly on booze? Do these people actually read the books they are slamming? They clearly never try them.

Since starting, apart from the notorious day 2, I've felt great. I've not had blood sugar spikes and dips and my skin's improved. I just don't believe it would have done if the diet were all that bad.

I really can't fathom where all the animosity towards low carb diets has come from. I can't help feel it's like Galileo when he started saying the earth was round. It's just so far away from what dieticians are taught that they can't even let themselves consider it.

Dunno why that suddenly annoyed me so much. Just strikes me as ignorant. I'd love to see some research on the long-term effect of Dukan - not just how it compares to traditional low fat, high carb diets in terms of weight loss, but how well people are able to stick to it long term.

Well, that was a very serious diary! Here's a cheese joke to cheer us up. It's in honour of my mozzarella treat and the fact that I've been feeling a bit cheesed off. (Groan.)

Q: What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror?

A: Halloumi!

Night all.

Jx

Lol hehehehehe good morning x

Halloumi - hilarious :D

I think people and the establishment are anti Dukan because a. Individuals can't face the thought of giving up their 'treats' and b. consider the size of the industries and retailers pumping out these fake foods - it takes a mighty big voice to beat their shouting!

Enjoyed your diary as always, Bob; hope you enjoy your day

P xx

Joodle you did make me laugh about the dump! What made it even worse my husband walked in and said he would like to spend some time clearing out the garage so he can get a bike he is being leant to do the London to Brighton in the garage. Timing what.

I think people and the establishment are anti Dukan because a. Individuals can't face the thought of giving up their 'treats' and b. consider the size of the industries and retailers pumping out these fake foods - it takes a mighty big voice to beat their shouting!

Enjoyed your diary as always, Bob; hope you enjoy your day

P xx

Did you see the last programme in the series of The Men Who Made Us fat!! The last one was about "healthy" food and the politicians not wanting to regulate the food industry. They say that the individuals have a choice, they make themselves fat!! thats why we have an obesity crisis!! The healthy food market is worth millions and the politicians are protecting them. They gave a really good example of Cadburys supporting schools to get pieces of sports kit by encouraging the kids to eat loads of chocolate!! scary really!! Worth a view on the Iplayer. Cx

Joodle said:
Argh, that's so annoying! I sometimes type my diary in the fake word programme Libre office, and for no reason that I can understand, when I cut and paste it in here it sometimes removes every 10th space between the words and adds spaces between paragraphs. Complete mystery.

But never mind that! I've just been looking into online learning as a potential option for the training component of the project I work for. Might be picking your brain for more than just diet tips soon! Are you a linguist too, I mean, do you develop the content? Sorry, get over excited about online learning and languages, will calm down now.

:eek:

Hey bob

Entertaining posts as always! So much to comment on but will wait til I'm on the pc.

Yes, I'm a linguist. No jokes please P.

But seriously, pm me sometime, always happy to share ideas about online learning.

Cx

P xx

Yeah, you're right. Think the force of the industry is preventing politicians taking any action. But I'm still surprised about the health and nutrition sectors not at least investigating it further. Seems all they do is repeat the line about low fat carbs whereas surely it's clear that's what got us into this mess in the first place? I wish someone brave would just decide to do some research and really compare different approaches.

Joodle you did make me laugh about the dump! What made it even worse my husband walked in and said he would like to spend some time clearing out the garage so he can get a bike he is being leant to do the London to Brighton in the garage. Timing what.

Sounds like you'll be off to the dump then! Just don't expect a big pile of rubbish with a mysterious character (called, ooh, can't remember...) hanging out in it.

;)

Did you see the last programme in the series of The Men Who Made Us fat!! The last one was about "healthy" food and the politicians not wanting to regulate the food industry. They say that the individuals have a choice, they make themselves fat!! thats why we have an obesity crisis!! The healthy food market is worth millions and the politicians are protecting them. They gave a really good example of Cadburys supporting schools to get pieces of sports kit by encouraging the kids to eat loads of chocolate!! scary really!! Worth a view on the Iplayer. Cx

Ooh, definitely going to check this out. I LOVE this sort of TV! Probably only watch about 2 hours of TV a week in total but this looks like it's going on the list!

The whole thing reminds me of the sneaky tricks the tobacco industry used to play. They'd say that adults have free choice but their tactics were so sneaky (all the advertising aimed at kids and the stuff they did to get their products placed in cool films and with cool actors, their efforts to cloud the issues around tobacco and health....) that their arguments were eventually over-ruled. Of course, it's not exactly the same with food as we need food to live whereas tobacco is clearly not essential. But all the sneaky tactics of getting kids to associate crap food with exercise and good health is verging on the immoral. I mean, how on earth can MacDonald's be an Olympic sponsor? But while there's so much money involved, I can't see politicians standing up to them.

Can't wait to watch this show - will it have me shouting at the TV screen in anger?!?

Jx

Hey bob

Entertaining posts as always! So much to comment on but will wait til I'm on the pc.

Yes, I'm a linguist. No jokes please P.

But seriously, pm me sometime, always happy to share ideas about online learning.

Cx

Aw man, I'm so Bob forever now. ;)

Get involved in the evil junk food industry debate when you're keyboarded up missus. And would be great to talk about the work side. I'm into the language thang too, how funny. Go on then, what do you speak? Will be so jealous if you've mastered Mandarin! Jx

Cruise day 32 - PP day

Have completely exhausted myself today for some reason. Walked to the gym, worked out, walked to my sister's to play with my nephew, walked home then walked to shops and back. My dodgy hip is not loving me today. What is with all this rain though? Really, it needs to stop now, it's boring.

B: 60g salmon, 2 x Dukan muffins
S: 2 tbsp tofu choc
L: 80g salmon wrapped in 80g plaice and herb stuffing
D: 1 quorn burger in 2 oopsies (why on earth are they called that?!), 1 slice fromage frais gateau, 1 tbsp chocolate mousse

Exercise: 30 minutes on cross-trainer, 12 minute fast run, 2hr 40 mins walking
WW pro points: 21
Sweetener: 2/3tbsp in muffins, 500ml fizzy diet pop, 1tsp in mousse. Eek. Feels like too much and isn't helping curb the sweet tooth. But how to cut down...?

Had a bit of a cook in as need to clear the fridge before I'm away next week. Made a fromage frais gateau which is weirdly tasty, those oopsies that Mon gave the recipe for a while back and chocolate mousse. All pretty nice and lots of egg whites so Good Dukan Fare. I've still got way too much food in the fridge. Somehow I've not quite adjusted my shopping habits to take account of the fact that I'm a. eating a lot less and b. only eating veg every other day. Might be some odd soup creations coming up tomorrow!

Did some press ups in the gym this morning after my cardio and actually managed 3 sets of 10 full ones, i.e. on my toes. Think it's become easier now I'm a wee bit lighter. The guy next to me was working out with his personal trainer and after I'd done my first set of 10, the trainer said to me 'Those were some lovely looking press ups'. That's getting filed away under 'compliments I don't hear very often'. How odd!

An exciting package arrived this morning. Got carried away after someone posted about a good site to buy flavourings and ordered a whole load. If it weren't for the fact that I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 5 weeks, I'd have thought I was drunk when I placed the order. What the heck am I going to do with pina cola flavouring?! Or watermelon for that matter. I sense some fake cocktail experiments in the offing...

Sorry not to have a chance to catch up on everyone's diaries today, will do tomorrow.

Anyone want another cheese joke?

Jx

Back