Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

??bob! ????????!
I can get by in mandarin but my level is pretty poor considering how long i've been here. In my 14th year now!

Don't tempt me with the food documentaries. I was so angry after I watched food inc. and saw that basically lower income groups can't afford to eat healthily. I also don't see how low carb diets would ever be affordable for the masses...

Mmm, good points. It's definitely not cheap and also not great for the environment I guess, what with meat needing all that grain to feed on and the mess we've made of our oceans. Right, we need to get those scientists to work on the petri dish grown protein I think. It's the only way.

PS I speak Afrikaans (very out of touch though), French, Italian and mandarin. I don't think my Chinese characters worked out in the previous post, though. I am also going to give Danish a try this month- I gave my team a challenge of learning a new language for a month by trying different online programs! So that will be interesting :) how about you?

Hi Joodle
Well dumps are not dumps anymore, when I was a kid we would go with our parents on a weekend and pick up old pram wheels to make go carts with, no yesterday everything and I mean everything had a place, my poor husband was running from container to container, I could just happened to go to the tip in heels! The bit I really could not believe my eyes at first, there was a shop !!!! I do think that is a brilliant idea as long as it is no too expensive. Might have to have a trip to the tip shop.
Your press ups sound very good, I look like a man having s*x when I do them!!!
Cheese joke, yes please.

Joodle said:
Cruise day 32 - PP day

Have completely exhausted myself today for some reason. Walked to the gym, worked out, walked to my sister's to play with my nephew, walked home then walked to shops and back. My dodgy hip is not loving me today. What is with all this rain though? Really, it needs to stop now, it's boring.

B: 60g salmon, 2 x Dukan muffins
S: 2 tbsp tofu choc
L: 80g salmon wrapped in 80g plaice and herb stuffing
D: 1 quorn burger in 2 oopsies (why on earth are they called that?!), 1 slice fromage frais gateau, 1 tbsp chocolate mousse

Exercise: 30 minutes on cross-trainer, 12 minute fast run, 2hr 40 mins walking
WW pro points: 21
Sweetener: 2/3tbsp in muffins, 500ml fizzy diet pop, 1tsp in mousse. Eek. Feels like too much and isn't helping curb the sweet tooth. But how to cut down...?

Had a bit of a cook in as need to clear the fridge before I'm away next week. Made a fromage frais gateau which is weirdly tasty, those oopsies that Mon gave the recipe for a while back and chocolate mousse. All pretty nice and lots of egg whites so Good Dukan Fare. I've still got way too much food in the fridge. Somehow I've not quite adjusted my shopping habits to take account of the fact that I'm a. eating a lot less and b. only eating veg every other day. Might be some odd soup creations coming up tomorrow!

Did some press ups in the gym this morning after my cardio and actually managed 3 sets of 10 full ones, i.e. on my toes. Think it's become easier now I'm a wee bit lighter. The guy next to me was working out with his personal trainer and after I'd done my first set of 10, the trainer said to me 'Those were some lovely looking press ups'. That's getting filed away under 'compliments I don't hear very often'. How odd!

An exciting package arrived this morning. Got carried away after someone posted about a good site to buy flavourings and ordered a whole load. If it weren't for the fact that I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 5 weeks, I'd have thought I was drunk when I placed the order. What the heck am I going to do with pina cola flavouring?! Or watermelon for that matter. I sense some fake cocktail experiments in the offing...

Sorry not to have a chance to catch up on everyone's diaries today, will do tomorrow.

Anyone want another cheese joke?

Jx

A cheezy joke a day...will keep me happy ;-) xxx

PS I speak Afrikaans (very out of touch though), French, Italian and mandarin. I don't think my Chinese characters worked out in the previous post, though. I am also going to give Danish a try this month- I gave my team a challenge of learning a new language for a month by trying different online programs! So that will be interesting :) how about you?

So are you South African originally? You're such a mystery girl Caro! How on earth did you end up in Shanghai?!?

My French is pretty fluent and I have in the past been fluent in Russian, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese but wouldn't be able to work in the last 4. My Russian is really rusty now, as is my Spanish but I can get by ok in Italian and Portuguese, especially if I've been somewhere speaking it for a couple of days. The quicker you learn them, the quicker they disappear though! Find the romance languages easy enough to pick up as the grammar concepts and vocab are so similar to each other.

Good luck with Danish! I work with some Danes and other Scandi types and although it was a complete mystery to me at first, the grammar isn't a million miles from ours. Watch a few episodes of the Killing and you'll probably nail it!! I am always in awe of the Scandinavians and how well they speak English, with such good grasp of idioms and everything. It's phenomenal how all of them speak English, no matter what job they do. They all say it's because they grow up watching British and US TV which is subtitled instead of dubbed and listing to music with English lyrics. Probably helps that they have to learn other languages as no one else speaks theirs!! Shame we have the opposite problem here in the UK and languages are considered so unimportant. We'll be so behind when Asia creeps up on us though!!

Hi Joodle
Well dumps are not dumps anymore, when I was a kid we would go with our parents on a weekend and pick up old pram wheels to make go carts with, no yesterday everything and I mean everything had a place, my poor husband was running from container to container, I could just happened to go to the tip in heels! The bit I really could not believe my eyes at first, there was a shop !!!! I do think that is a brilliant idea as long as it is no too expensive. Might have to have a trip to the tip shop.
Your press ups sound very good, I look like a man having s*x when I do them!!!
Cheese joke, yes please.

A shop? Selling the junk you mean? So you could turn up and see the old TV you dumped all spruced up and on offer? How bizarre!!

Thanks for the press up image. That's clearly going to put me off doing them in public now!!

Did you hear about the explosion in the cheese factory?

All that was left was de brie.

Whatever show offs :rolleyes:, I am a duo linguist I can speak 2 languages you know, English and Shona (bet you both don't know that one! hehehehehe!) ;)

Go on, what's Shona?!

Zimbabwean language. Makadii? Google it!

I just Googled it, you clever sausage. The site I went to was to help you learn the language, I left immediately. Learning this diet is hard enough for me.

Great joke J, I am still laughing.
Yes. They keep the good junk or treasure and sell it. As I was sitting waiting in the car in my heels, the guy in the car next to me was going to dump a small child's bike and I have to say it looked in good condition and the dump man took it from him; so I guess today that bike will be on sale. Gosh what if they put my diary on sale with all my cougar moments, I could be the next Jilly Cooper, sorry dreaming. Sorry about the press ups, once when warming up for kickboxing we had do do press ups and my instructor asked what I thought I was doing; I died of embarrassment .
Enjoy your trip.

Stig, I am Zimbabwean and my first language is Shona. I speak it all the time so I don't even think about it. Nothing is difficult to learn, I had to learn English ( English is the second language in zim and everybody learns it from nursery onwards and its compulsory!) , look at me now I speak like the Queen! ;)

Today started out ever so efficiently then somehow went horribly wrong. Not food wise, food was ok:

B: 100g tofu choc
L: 1 quorn peppered steak (those things are good. If they could just work out how to make the texture medium rare, I'd be super happy.)
S: 120ml hot vanilla and coconut milk (mmmm, new on the go standby. Took my coconut flavouring with me and added it to a hot milk with sugar free vanilla syrup from Starbucks. Delish. Next time I'm going to try coconut and chocolate flavours together in an attempt to recreate a coconut mocha. Mmmm.
D: 75 smoked mackerel, 1/2 TVP stuffed courgette, 3 spears asparagus, 2 roast tomatoes, 1/2 quorn burger, 70g Thai tofu salad (realised earlier that one of my favourite Thai recipes is essentially Dukan friendly with just a couple of tweaks. Win!)
S: 70g chocolate mousse

Exercise: 45 min run, 60 min walk
WW pro points: 26
Sweetener: loads, aargh.

Somehow it took me ages to pack and get ready for being away for a week - my normal routine for packing to go away with work is pretty regimented by now, but throwing Dukan into the mix really messed it up! Have ended up packing oat bran, muffins (enough for 3 days, hope they last...), bean curd packets, stevia, a couple of flavourings and then a bunch of travel friendly leftovers like the fromage frais gateau, oopsies and a ton of asparagus that I bought on Thursday but had forgotten about completely. It's possibly far too much but I'd rather that than struggle to find enough to eat and feel obliged to go off plan out of hunger.

I am pretty much dreading next week. I know I need to get used to the 'real' world and eating out is part of that, but I just hate the idea of having no control over what I'm eating and of people expecting me to drink and that sort of thing. In an ideal world, I just want to stay on plan until I reach TW and then introduce things for consolidation. I have no intention at all of cheating next week (although a glass of wine on the plane home is going to be very hard to turn down - drinking on planes is one of my favourite things. Yes Mary Poppins, it is, put that in your song) but the tricky thing is going to be deciding whether or not to tell people I'm dieting and therefore not drinking or eating fondu or sharing the inevitable slabs of Swiss chocolate that are bought. And on top of that, I'm not going to have internet access so when I need you all the most, I won't have you there!! Any thoughts you can send telepathically will be much appreciated.

This is a niggle I have about Dukan. It's going really well and the weight loss is steady and pretty much pain-free. But I still haven't managed to get into the head set of someone who is completely relaxed around food, which is my ultimate aim. I want to be someone who eats when hungry and stops when full. Who enjoys food but doesn't obsess about it and battle constantly internally about whether to have this or that. Dukan has brought me great discipline and it's been a real release from the usual internal battles. But I'm worried that it's only working because I've created an artificial environment in which to live while I get through Cruise i.e. I pretty much cleared my diary. Or should I just not overly worry about this until I get to Conso when I have to start being more 'normal' again?

Anyway, am about to set off to the airport. Have started coming down with something which is incredibly bad timing as there's no way I can rest up next week. Oh yikes, and it's weigh in today which is bound to be dreadful as I ate late last night and it's TOTM and I'm all puffy.

Hark at me, misery guts. Time for a cheese joke I guess...

What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you?

Nacho cheese!

Well, that's all from me for a while (who's that breathing a sigh of relief in the corner!??!). I really hope I can find a way to check in during the week but if not, I'll be back on Friday. Have fabulous, Dukan friendly weeks everyone!

Jx

Enjoy yourself lady, and if you really need a Dukanian then sneek to the loo and text. Short text not the compositions you write on here! I shall pm you the number. x

Have a great trip. Do not worry that you are not where you want to be with the way of eating, you are early in your journey and it will all drop into place if you don't over think it.

Back