Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Come on J, you've still lost, not gained. Keep you chin up xxx maybe try some of this slimatee they're all trying for transit issues, And dont allow men in suits to intimidate you lol have they read your posts !!! I think you should defo tell them you'll think about it. I know its not the money its the principal that your bothered about but........ enoy the rest of your day and be happy you have lost weigh yeeeaaahhhhh xxx:)

Hear hear. Sock it to the men in suits, and go enjoy your Olympic fun. We are all well jealous! Just maybe not of the purple outfit :)

Seriously, joodlebob, you should be happy with a loss while traveling. Even if you didn't eat much, you were probably exposed to all sorts of hidden sugar, carbs, salt and oils that your body hasn't been getting up til now. And I bet it disappears much faster this week.

That said, I am finding that last bloody kilo very hard to shed, and things do seem to slow down as you reach tw. So don't be discouraged now.
Cx

Hi Hope you have a great day tomorrow, if you see a large chap about 50, grey balding hair say hello to my neighbour Steve who is also going tomorrow.

You might loose some weight later in the week, I always put weight on when flying (you would think all that effort flapping my arms, I would loose).

welcome back x

Have an amazing time - bet it will be well cool!!! Try not to focus on the small weight loss - your body didn't have enough food while you were away and missing your oat bran won't have helped - I think you did amazingly well while you were away but your body will be holding onto everything in case it doesn't get anything else!! Increase your protein this week and the weight will fall off...... LOVED the pony cheese joke LOL!!! Can't wait to hear all about the rehearsal! Take care xx

Oooo what a fab experience, make sure you take loads of pics and put a few good ones up for us, a sneak preview for us all LOL. as for the men in suits. Go in there with the attitude that you are NOT at fault, and that someone needs to answer for what happened. It is THEIR fault and they should pay. The liklihood is that they know its their fault and will try to squirm out of it somehow. Your point needs to be, that it doesn't matter if you saw it or not, that it was hugely dangerous and what would have happened if it had been a child....mmmm could have been much much worse.

let us know how you get on xxx

Hello you lovely lot.

Firstly the men in suits. Hmm, it was not enjoyable. They basically were saying that yes, it was their fault but they have all the right procedures in place and this was just a really unlucky fluke. Not good enough guys. Even without thinking about it much I was able to suggest a couple of basic things like putting signs on the hatch doors themselves, so should anyone 'untrained' go to open them, they would see a clear warning.

Then they were a bit snide about charity work 'oh, is it like Oxfam who just drive around in white trucks and don't do anything?' and then offered to pay for my dry cleaning and taxi fare. I said I thought it would be appropriate if they were to give me a bit of compensation as after all, I'm saving them the huge expense and time and hassle of either a law suit or being reported to health and safety. They agreed but offered a fairly small amount. I said I was thinking a bit more than that and they looked very pained and said it would have to go through their insurance in that case.

I told them that I didn't really feel, from what they were telling me, that they were planning to make any changes to the way they manage the opening of the hatch and that I wanted to give them a little 'sting' so they took it seriously and took proper precautions to ensure it didn't happen again. The owner then said it would sting him more if I took a smaller amount that he would just pay out of the till, so to speak, as if it was more than a few hundred it would go through his insurance. It was the first time they looked genuinely pained and at that point, that was what I wanted - up until then I'd been feeling like they were the ones very much in control. Anyway, I'm not buying the insurance line so I said, very sweetly, that we should go through the insurance in that case. No idea how it will work but to be honest, the way I'm feeling I'm contemplating leaving the whole compensation thing and just reporting them to health and safety.

Anyway, the whole thing was not very pleasant although it was all perfectly civil. The older guy, the chain owner, kept trying to make jokes about it like 'you must drop in on us again' but really, although I have a sense a humour, it's not so good that I can laugh about the fall with the guy whose fault it was. So we shall see what happens. Oh god, and the weirdest thing of all - I had mentioned that I used to work in hospitality running coffee shops. Owner kept asking why I had left and then asked if I could be tempted back as he was looking for a general manager! WTF?? As if!

So we shall see what happens with that, it's up to them to send me the insurance forms once they've completed them.

Now the more fun bit! The opening ceremony rehearsal was amazeballs! Just walking up to the stadium made me all goosebumpy! The show itself was definitely a rehearsal and they didn't do the whole thing in its entirety. I'll save the surprise but you can rest assured that we will be proud of it and that the sets are truly amazing. Some parts with lots of (unprofessional) dancers had the feel of an enthusiastic but not particularly skilled end of term dance show, albeit on a very large scale, but truly, I think that adds to its charm. I mean, we were never going to compete with the gazillion drummers and military precision of the Beijing opening ceremony 4 years ago, so this is just very different and very, very British!

Worrying thing was the transport there. I set off from Camden at 5pm (show was due to start at 7.30), taking the overground from Camden rail to Stratford, a 30 minute journey. Waited 15 mins for a train which was ok, then once on it there was an announcement that the train was terminating early at Hackney. Got off at Hackney Central and waited for the next train which was too rammed to get on. Next train kept getting delayed by a minute here, a minute there...until they announce there's a problem with the line and they're closing the station! So I end up getting a bus to Stratford which was meant to take an hour but mercifully took a bit less. Given that Hackney Central is 10 mins from Stratford on the train, this was less than impressive.

All this meant that I didn't have time to eat my Dukan picnic before the rehearsal so again, have had a day of not eating much. This evening was the first time I've been really starving since starting Dukan though, was quite funny to feel it.

Sorry for super long post again, been a strange old day!

B: 100g fromage frais + 100g stewed rhubarb
L: prawn tom yum soup + shirataki noodles
S: 2 x Dukan muffins, celery + carrot sticks
D: 30g beancurd, 6 prawns

Exercise: 60 minute walking
WW propoints: 11 (bad, I know. Not usually the problem I have either...)
Number of times bag checked to make sure rehearsal ticket was still there: 47

Ok, am going to try to post this with a couple of photos, hope it works. Thanks again for all your words of wisdom and support on the fall as well the diet stuff. No idea how I did anything without you lot around before!! I owe most of you a proper diary read and reply...this will come, I promise! Jx

552492_10151106122781488_1707362500_n.jpg557425_10151106320566488_339038516_n.jpg548884_10151106328931488_1835535502_n.jpg179972_10151106343021488_550090870_n.jpg

That last one is shhhh, super secret as it's got the opening scenery in the background. Don't tell anyone!! (I've got a better photo but am honouring their request not to share pics yet #savethesecret.) Oh, and that's me in my London Ambassador hat. The lurid pink and purple items stayed inside the lurid pink and purple rucksack on this occasion!

Last edited:
WOWSER what a day :) on all fronts, glad you got through it unscathed for the mostpart....personal opinion on the idiot suits - go for the jugular, they're not taking it seriously, I'd speak to a PI solicitor, as others have said what if it'd been a child, or even if you yourself had landed on your head? :(

pictures look "amazeballs :D"....what's the big wirey thing? x

Oohhh J, I've gone all goosebumps reading and seeing your Olympic pics.....I'm soooooo excited and feeling very patriotic. I always cry at the national anthem to. I'm just a big, softy xxx

So impressed how you handled the suits, j! You go girl! And what a gorgeous picture, you sexy thang!

Hey Hot Mamma in the Sexy Hat

Looking good missus!

Well done for holding your own with the men in suits.

Off to show hubby your secret photos now ....ha, sounds a bit weird!! ;)

Enjoy your day :D

P x

How exciting J! You're so lucky to be involved, and loved the sneak preview in your photos! :)

Don't stress about the small loss this week. You are so close to your goal, and I bet you will have a big loss next week to compensate. You are looking great in your photo, so you're basically there anyway!

WOWSER what a day :) on all fronts, glad you got through it unscathed for the mostpart....personal opinion on the idiot suits - go for the jugular, they're not taking it seriously, I'd speak to a PI solicitor, as others have said what if it'd been a child, or even if you yourself had landed on your head? :(

pictures look "amazeballs :D"....what's the big wirey thing? x
Thanks Alotto, yeah, will see what I can with them. Big wiry thing is The Orbit. Not sure of its exact purpose (!) but it has a viewing platform at the top!

Oohhh J, I've gone all goosebumps reading and seeing your Olympic pics.....I'm soooooo excited and feeling very patriotic. I always cry at the national anthem to. I'm just a big, softy xxx

Oh Sid, you don't have to tell me. At the moment, even the blooming Adidas adverts set me off!!!

So impressed how you handled the suits, j! You go girl! And what a gorgeous picture, you sexy thang!

Always best to have photos taken when you are concealed by the shade Caro. Another life motto there. ;)

Hey Hot Mamma in the Sexy Hat

Looking good missus!

Well done for holding your own with the men in suits.

Off to show hubby your secret photos now ....ha, sounds a bit weird!! ;)

Enjoy your day :D

P x

Certainly does P, but not as much as if you were off to show him the secret photos of Caro and Trinnimaria ;)

How exciting J! You're so lucky to be involved, and loved the sneak preview in your photos! :)

Don't stress about the small loss this week. You are so close to your goal, and I bet you will have a big loss next week to compensate. You are looking great in your photo, so you're basically there anyway!

Thank you sweetie. Funny how I kind of know that, but then, when staring at the number on the scales, I kind of don't!

Cruise Day something, PP day

As if to prove Caro's Dukan law, the scales were down 0.6lb this morning which would have given me a steady pound loss had it shown yesterday. Dammit!

B: 100g fromage frais, 100g rhubarb, 100g Weight watchers strawberry yoghurt all mixed up together and was yum. + 1 leaden muffin (note to self: do not accidentally use cream of tartar instead of baking powder, do not accidentally use cream of tartar instead of baking powder...)
L: 1 hard boiled egg, 60g cottage cheese, 2x leaden muffins with 75g quark frosting
D: 6 king prawns, 30g pollock, 1 Thai fish cake

Exercise: 30 min run, 1hr 50 min walk
WW propoints: 17

Ok, all a bit weird on the food front - I appear to have lost the desire to eat. This has absolutely never happened to me in my life before, except maybe when I've been really ill. I felt a bit hungry on my way home from work, but one fish cake, weighing 35g, took the edge of it then I was perfectly full after 6 prawns (big 'uns) and a bit of roasted pollock. So very weird, especially as the last couple of weeks I've been wanting to eat a lot more than usual. Just going with it for now, unless my body really does seem to be clinging tightly on to every last calorie I put in my mouth. Am actually wondering if it might be sweetener connected, as has been suggested elsewhere, i.e. you feel hungrier when you're eating sugar free sweets, presumably because your body starts to expect and prepare for incoming calories then gets miffed when none turn up (is that the explanation Dukan geeks?). I was having a few sugar free throat sweets last week but yesterday and today I made a concerted effort not to have any and to limit sweetener. Guess it's not a very robust experiment but makes me wonder!

Lovely catching up with diaries earlier today as was I getting pins stuck in me by the fabby NHS physio. Really do feel like we all go through the same things just on different cycles. I guess that's why this forum is so totally and utterly amazing. There's always someone feeling upbeat and positive and they pull any miseries out there up onto their feet and then when they're down...well, you get the idea.

Now, I did take some photos of myself earlier, having dug out a never-worn bikini. Have one pic from the front, one from the back, one from the side with tummy sucked in and then one from the side with tummy hanging on out - this last one is particularly attractive! Do I share them? If so, how do I do it so no one except you lot can see?!? The reason I took them was that I am wondering if I should reduce my TW down to 8 stone. Still feel like I've great big pockets of fat clinging to me and wanted to try to look at myself objectively and decide what to do. Will see how I feel as I reach TW I guess.

Why am I still up? Bodypump at 7am tomorrow, I'm going to be knackered!

Have a good Dukan day tomorrow y'all!

Jx

J, I sometimes feel the same and will share tmi with members of mm, I think visitors should be restricted to what they see xxx

Joodlebob, you look so different from your avatar pic...hot hot hot :worthy:

Take them fools to the cleaners; how he had the cheek to make jokes is beyond me.

Back