Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Did you see the torch this morning, Jude? The kids and I watched it on Cally Road (at the end of our road) at 8.15. Fantastic atmosphere! Even more excited now!

Yep, caught it on Upper St, just past Islington Green. Fantastic, just such a great way of letting everyone get a piece of the action. Could even forgive all the corporate shenanigans as I doubt it would have happened otherwise. Cally Road huh? My little sis used to live up there. North London all the way!

Jx

You're welcome hun, from us both. Hubby says if you need any advice on regs or info he is willing to look it up for you, it might even be something he knows. He's a blimming walking encyclopedia when it comes to rules and regs. LOL.

That is so super kind. Let me see what they come back to me with and then I will decide what to do. But yes, I should report it - remain unconvinced that they are serious about preventing it happening again.

We saw the flame back in June when it came through Hull, we watched the Hyde park arrival on tv and I had a lump in my throat. I do get choked up about anything LOL, can't wait to watch the opening ceremony tomorrow, we've got it programmed into the sky planner and will be sat watching with a nice drink and something yum!!

You lucky thing Jood being so close. Shout for us all hun LOL

I did, I did DF! I'm completely hoarse now! I was actually in the event at Hyde Park and we were quite near the front so yes, biiiiig lump in throat as he came on stage and then lit the cauldron. Only found out it was happening a couple of days ago and then was amazed tickets were just £15 (including full music line up from 2-10.30pm) and still available. Insanely hot sunny day, just didn't feel real. Just got in having danced for hours, bloomin love Dizzee Rascal who closed the show, although was a bit confused by the band on before him. The Wanted? All these girls were going crazy and although I recognised a couple of their songs, I'd never heard of them before. #oldfogey Rizzle Kicks were also awesome but didn't much rate the Olympic song by Mark Ronson and Katy B, even though Mark Ronson is my perfect man. Sigh.

What a ramble!

Cruise day 45 - PP day

Think I might be doing what my Mum calls burning the candle at both ends.

Up at 6.30 to meet friends at 7.30 to see the Olympic flame down Upper St, then work which is getting steadily crazier (no time for WW weigh in, annoyingly) then left early to go to Hyde Park torch finale concert. Got searched in the way in and wasn't allowed to take food! Had a muffin and 2 packaged bean curd bar things. Managed to sweet talk the guy into letting me take them through, thank goodness otherwise I would have been scunnered. Basically spent 8 hours either walking around or dancing like crazy and it was great. Could even forgive the thinly disguised corporate interludes, as I don't see how they'd have kept the price to £15 without sponsorship. Can't believe the opening ceremony is now less than 24 hours away. I've been looking forward to this moment for years!

B: 100g total 0% yoghurt, 1 muffin
L: 1 oopsie used as a wrap for 60g smoked salmon +1tbsp extra light cream cheese, 3 mini Thai fishcakes
S: 40g space bar (bean curd thing)
D: 6 king prawns, 120g tofuchoc
S: muffin

Exercise: 60 mins walking, 60 mins dancing (actually a lot more than this but some walking was a slow amble and some dancing was more like mild bopping.
WW Pro points: 18
Number of lumps in throat cause by various Olympic events: 74

Tomorrow have arranged to meet a whole bunch of folk for All the Bells which I'm very excited about. Don't have a bell so am taking a metal serving spoon and teaspoon to ting with!

If you're interested: Intro - Martin Creed

I think it's one of the loveliest of Olympic-related ideas.

Still need to keep fingers crossed for tomorrow evening that it doesn't rain during the opening ceremony! Oh lawks, I just can't wait.

Sorry I"ve not had time to keep up with all your diaries today, I will try my hardest but the next few days are a bit packed!

Big Olympic hugs

Jx

Jx

Me and a friend at the torch procession this morning

Attachments

• 396879_10150939025422133_193232371_n.jpg
    396879_10150939025422133_193232371_n.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 40
Morning Joodlebob!

Mums are wise, huh?!

Loving yet another positive diary day from another lovely Minimin :D

Enjoy your day!

P x

PS - nearly didn't recognise you in the photo with your VERY straight hair! I'd say the long hair appointment was well worth it, honey :D

Last edited:
Morning J, you need to change your avitar photo, I'm going to be honest.....it ages you. What a wonderfully full life you lead, i love reading the hustle and bustle of life in London lol. I'd be swallowed alive I 'm such a country bumkin and my yearly trip to london for the day wipes me out...........please keep the Olymic posts coming, I'mso excited for the opening ceremony tonight............BRING IT ON................:party0038:

I agree with Sid, you look so chic in your new Dukan body xx

Thank goodness Sid and trini posted before me, cos I was thinking the same thing. Change your avatar!!! That person doesn't look anything like you, you gorgeous young lady. And WOW, LOVE the new hair!

Cx

Oh aren't you all lovely! Thank you, your kind words are such a confidence boost - I've been hiding myself away for over 2 years now. That avatar photo is practically the only one I have of me before I lost this weight. It's been such a revelation to feel good about myself again.

I need your help though - I have a dilemma!

I have two weigh ins a week. The first is on Monday morning using my home scales and this is the one I report on this forum and use to update my stats. I don’t make any other changes to my stats throughout the week.

The other is usually on a Thursday or Friday at my Weight Watchers meeting. Although I’m not following the WW plan as such, I still like using their online tracker service and find having someone else weigh me mid-week is extra motivation to stay on track.

My target weight, according to the Dukan site is 8st 6lbs. My goal with Weight Watchers is 8st 8lbs.

Usually, my WW weigh in comes out a little bit lower than what my home scales showed that morning. This is despite the fact that I am wearing clothes to my WW weigh in (!!) and have eaten breakfast and drunk fluids through the morning. My scales just seem to be calibrated a little higher.

This morning at home, I weighed 8st 8.2lb. When I went for my WW weigh in at lunch time, I was 8st 6.5lbs. Wow! So I hit my WW target and am now a gold member! Yay!

But it gives me a dilemma. Tonight is the opening ceremony for the Olympic games which I am INSANELY excited about. If I had reached my Dukan target weight to move onto conso, I would be letting myself have a drink to celebrate. According to my home scales, I am 2.2lb over Dukan target, while according to the WW scales, I am 0.5lb over target – although I can possibly assume that had I weighed myself first thing in the morning on their scales, without clothes, breakfast or liquids, the scales would have shown 8st6lb.

Do I have a drink tonight? That is the question. I’ve not consciously cheated since I started Dukan on the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] June – no alcohol in almost 7 weeks!

In a way, I will feel bad, as I am technically cheating and I do want to get to Dukan target without any cheats. Is it a bit cheeky to try to use my WW weight for my Dukan target? Do I just hold out another few days until my home scales read 8st6lbs?

Help!!

Jx

Was that when David Walliams was carrying the torch? Love him! And look at you, with your straight hair, summer dress and slim bod! You look fab - definitely no need to lose that extra 7lbs IMO xx

We saw it just after him I think - I'm more into the 'real people' that the celebs on this one for some reason. Who was carrying it when you saw it? Did your kids enjoy it?! Jx

J, you know my answer. ...have a drink, how many times are the olymipic in Brirain xxx

Yeah, but I will be watching, do I really need a drink? Won't I just be annoyed with myself to have got so near but yet so far??? xx

I'm the worst Dukan out if the bunch my answer would always be...go on have a one lol xxx

Oh, don't drink.
It is not worth it.

Do you really think it's worth it?
Alcohol will stop the ketosis and it will take days to get back to were you were.

Hugs

A couple of drinks is really not going to make much difference to your weight. I say drink, and enjoy the party atmosphere!x

A drink will make no difference to your dieting, provided it doesn't weaken your will to resist snacks. Go ahead and celebrate!

We saw a member of the public too. She looked beautiful and athletic and was running at a healthy pace, with a broad smile on her face. The children loved it. Mabel's clutching her Wenlock now as we head out to the party. Happy Olympics, all!!

Oh my, I should not disappear for more than a day because catching up is painful!!!

J, Are you sure its you on the avatar? That olympic photo looks mwah! what are you doing here, i would have been drinking wine if that was my body! No, don't!
And I realise that ticker moved in my absence, congrats.
x

Back