Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Mangoes are allowed - half a large one so ur toe has dipped into conso!!!!!! Xxxxxx

The only fruits not allowed are bananas, grapes, cherries, raisins, dried fruit and nuts (are they fruits???). Mangoes are allowed but they are at the bottom of the list (I think due to sugar content), priority being given to the mighty apple! Due to its high pectin content it will keep your figure trim, says the good Dr! ;).

Oh Joodlebob!! What can i say? you have done brilliantly!! Well done on getting to TW and into the conso stage already, mm love mangoes too!!
Enjoy the rest of the olympics and im sure you will be able to share a glass of something stronger for the closing ceremony, its the Dukan law!! lol Cx

Just came across your thread, Joodle, and congrats on reaching your TW ahead of time. I am very interested in your next step as both myself and my OH reached our TW's ahead of plan but kept going until the 'date'. I lost 6lbs more and my OH lost 18lbs more. We are delighted we kept going and as the saying goes.... 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' we love it.

Also love the thread about the Dukan site replies and some of the stupid questions people ask. Lots of very good advice there too....
As for the yoghurt thing.... I have always used low-fat and ones with fruit and found I still lost weight. I am not a yoghurt lover but I love the M&S Active Health range, ate loads of it with oat bran for breakfast at the start but changed to weetabix with oatbran for conso.

Keep up the good work, and we will be checking in with all your great posts...

The only fruits not allowed are bananas, grapes, cherries, raisins, dried fruit and nuts (are they fruits???). Mangoes are allowed but they are at the bottom of the list (I think due to sugar content), priority being given to the mighty apple! Due to its high pectin content it will keep your figure trim, says the good Dr! ;).

Awwww I love grapes and cherries. Gonna be a long time before I get to conso though LOL.

Next time you have a bite of Mango think of us and eat it on our behalf LOL xx

Well done, you've done amazingly well.

You've motivated me to get myself back into gear, ive lapsed :-(

Xx

Natters! So nice to 'see' you again! Where are you? How are you? Get back on this wonderful wagon, come on! Honestly, it feels so good to reach TW, you can do it!! Jx

Joodle, u did it!!!!! Woooohooo, welcome to conso, I have read the conso bit about 10 times to be sure it all sinks in!!!! Think I am getting it now!!!!!! So proud of u! Hope u get ur Olympic mojo back, let me slap who ever robbed u of it!!!! Ur coffee stop sounds divine! Well jealous!!!! Xxxx

Trudy,I'm seriously confused with Conso! Just realised I've been doing my PP day all wrong. :confused: Will you be my guru please? Jx

Oh joodle, I'm so happy for you! Feel guilty I haven't been keeping up with posts lately but this one just made my day. Well done girlfriend! And get reading your conso chapter, so you'll be dukan ready for it. Oooooooh, what's the plan for your first celebration meal??

Big hug and congrats.

Cx
Thanks lady! First celebration meal will be this Saturday - menu was picked ages ago, a fancy meal for my Dad's bday. Means I can have wine! Suspect I will be breaking the one glass only rule mind you.....

I'm sure it was well worth it Joodle. I haven't so much as eyed any fruit since starting Dukan (well, except for the odd juice of the grape, ahem, but that's been eons as well!). Congratulations!

Good work on ignoring fruit. It astonished me that this is what I missed, more than crisps, chocolate and even wine. You just keep at it Cheese Girl, at the risk of sounding overly evangelical, it's definitely worth being strict with yourself to get to TW!

La mangue ok pour la Conso :)

I confirm mangoes are allowed.
I checked in the book.

:) glad to hear someone is on cloud 9 !

Merci de l'avoir vérifie pour moi! Je suis trop contente! D'habitude, tous ce que j'aime, c'est interdit...!!

I adore mangos too, Joodlebob. Bet it was amazing :D

P x
Yeah, was pretty amazing as mangos go!. Sorry, don't mean to be cruel, I just know I always liked hearing about people enjoying their newly allowed food on conso and beyond. There will be mangos when you get here Pauline. And if there aren't, I'll post you one!! Jx

Congratulations Joodle :) That is fantastic news, well done you :) Hope your journey through cons is smooth :)
Thanks Cathcrops! You're doing really well too - a stone off since you started. How are you feeling with it all? Jx

Oh man why did you have to mention mangos, I've not had any fruit for soooooo long. Glad you enjoyed it though hun you deserve it x
Sorry missus! If it's any consolation, given that it was basically the first sugar I'd had in 7 weeks, I got a complete rush from it and then crashed spectacularly afterwards - I could hardly keep my eyes open and then fell asleep between stops on both the train and bus to my friend's house. Horrible feeling I dribbled. It was really quite dramatic - just from a bit of mango! (The sleeping I mean, not the dribbling. I have no reason to suspect a direct link between mangoes and dribble. Nope, none at all.)

Mangoes are allowed - half a large one so ur toe has dipped into conso!!!!!! Xxxxxx
Eeek! But it's cold in here - I want my arm bands!!!

;) Thanks Trudy...

Just came across your thread, Joodle, and congrats on reaching your TW ahead of time. I am very interested in your next step as both myself and my OH reached our TW's ahead of plan but kept going until the 'date'. I lost 6lbs more and my OH lost 18lbs more. We are delighted we kept going and as the saying goes.... 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' we love it.

Also love the thread about the Dukan site replies and some of the stupid questions people ask. Lots of very good advice there too....
As for the yoghurt thing.... I have always used low-fat and ones with fruit and found I still lost weight. I am not a yoghurt lover but I love the M&S Active Health range, ate loads of it with oat bran for breakfast at the start but changed to weetabix with oatbran for conso.

Keep up the good work, and we will be checking in with all your great posts...

Thanks Lyonsie and wow, well done to you and your OH! Amazing. I definitely see that there are some things that are technically cheats but work very well for some of us so yes, not beating myself up about the odd yoghurt discretion. Especially when compared to what I was able to consume before!

What are your top tips for conso then? Lord knows I need them!

Jx

Awwww I love grapes and cherries. Gonna be a long time before I get to conso though LOL.

Next time you have a bite of Mango think of us and eat it on our behalf LOL xx

You'll get there though DF and that's the main thing. Look how well you're doing so far! 1 1/2 stone already - quicker than me!

Will definitely do some mango eating on behalf of anyone who needs it. No, really, you don't have to thank me. I'm just so altruistic, I know, I know. ;)

Day 1 conso

After the shock of reaching TW, I just had a lovely day. You know about the coffee chill out, but after work I arranged to meet a friend to go and watch some Olympic action in Victoria park where they've set up a whole mini-festival with big screens and a ton of activities. Was practically deserted when we got there though, guess the weather wasn't that warm. I'd done a bit of shopping on the way there so as to have some Dukan friendly fare - a whole load of veggie hotdogs and that sort of thing. On arrival there was a huge sign saying no food or drink whatsoever was allowed in. Well, I wasn't about to chuck away all that perfectly good food, but we couldn't figure out what to do with it. I decided the best idea was to stash it in a bush, so off we trotted to find one. After nearly ending up in a pond, we found a suitable place and after much looking around for security guards and policemen (in a VERY shifty way) I lent into the bush and tucked the bag under a branch. Cue much hilarity as the ridiculousness of the situation became clear. I mean, I looked SO dodgy, but all I was doing was hiding some completely harmless vegetarian protein products. Spent the next 4 hours wondering how I was going to explain myself when picking up the hidden goods afterwards. "Yes, evening officer. Why am I in this bush? Well, it's got all my Dukan food in it you see, and I didn't want to waste it - all this protein gets quite expensive. No, no, I'm not mad, I'm just on a diet..." But don't worry, it was still there when I went back for it and no one came to arrest me! Dread to think what people would have thought of me scrabbling around in the bush at that time of night though. Not my local park, luckily!

So once we went through the most insanely thorough security checks to get into the park, we watched a troops of pearly Kings and Queens belt out the classics (pack up your troubles....my old man, said follow the van...) and then watched a bit of the action on the screens. Got blooming freezing though so didn't last that long. To warm up, my friend got us a hot drink - I asked for hot skimmed milk but she came back with full fat as that's all they had. Drank most of it as was so cold but oh dear. We both starting feeling a bit funny and then later that evening I got the most terrible case of the runs. Absolutely exhausting as couldn't get to sleep. Friend had the same problem so the milk seems likely to be the culprit. Anyway, was all gone by about 4am so could have been much worse.

Despite that, it was a good day overall - didn't do anything conso though, just stuck to PV and did loads of exercise. Must read the book,.....

Day 2 conso

Not sure if it's related to conso, but I was absolutely exhausted today. Slept in which is unheard of (only by 30 mins, but still), fell asleep while having acupuncture on my hip, slept on the train as I went to a friend's house and then on the bus back home. Hard to see a connection earlier in the day, although after the mango, I definitely had a sugar spike then real crash. Worrying that just a piece of fruit can do that - I actually felt drugged!

Went round to a friend's for dinner - the same friend I went round to on my first day of Cruise. So she saw me just after I started Dukan and I look quite different now, 1.5 stone later, so really did expect her to comment on how much I'd lost since she last saw me. But nothing at all! Weird. Maybe I just don't look that different, or I hid it well before.

Was a bit fearful that the meal would be totally un-Dukan as I need my celebration meal for Saturday but luckily she made this gorgeous puy lentil salad with veg and chilli through it. So the lentils can be my starch for the week, if I understood conso rules correctly.... I was a lot hungrier after dinner than usual though - I guess there's not as much filling protein in lentils as say, eggs or fish. Not a problem though - am trying to make myself remember that we are not in a time of food shortage and being hungry is no real threat to my survival! Really wish evolution would catch up with the modern lifestyle though. Dear body - there is no danger of famine in London, please do not cling on to every last ounce of fat, just let it go!!

Conso day 3 - Wed 1st August

Decided to do a PP day today as my folks are down from tomorrow and it'll just be loads easier to eat normal conso food (whatever the heck that is) with them. Have to say I found PP a LOT harder today than usual. Very odd, given that last week I was happy to do alternate days of PV and PP without any problem at all. Did a bit of online research though and realised you can't even have any tolerated items during your cruise PP day which was a massive reason it was so hard. Have definitely got used to the little treats you can have with things like cocoa powder and the like.

Made it through the day though - although I might have licked the bowl of tomorrow's batch of muffins. Could have been worse!

Still have to read up properly on conso as I'm definitely winging it and making mistakes. Couldn't believe I'd stuffed up first thing in the morning by having a weight watchers yoghurt which is tolerated and therefore no allowed during conso PP days. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

Looking forward to a conso day tomorrow. My folks are coming down and I've asked them to bring any spare fruit they have - they live in the lakes and the garden is heaving with things like raspberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries and the like. Mmmm, just what I was worried about missing if I had to spend the summer on Cruise. That is such a cruel thing to say and I'm sorry Cruise minimins. I'm not gloating, just well, I dunno, just saying really. I'll be quiet about it all tomorrow, I promise.

Had a bit of a cook in this evening so I'm ready for being away for a few nights at the weekend. It'll be tough but easier now I guess.

Hope everyone else is well out there!

Jx

Good girl for changing the avatar, that does look like someone on conso. The only things I know about conso and so looking forward to albeit after a long time is veggies everyday, 2 slices bread everyday, 1 fruit everyday and 40g cheese everyday and of course the celebration meals, 1 in the first half of conso and 2 in the second half, PP Thursday and if course 3 tbsp of Oatbran. So sad really this is etched in my brain and I still have 70lbs to go!

well done on getting to target joodle :D hope your getting your mojo back

Back