Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Feel I should add a photo so you know where I'm at. Basically a little bit heavier and with facial hair. Mmm. 17771_10151519459475997_623778463_n.jpg ​(This was taken about 3 weeks ago)

The feeling, dear girl, is mutual.

Love reading your epic posts, as always, noodle :)

Cx

Hello Sara and OMG, look at you!!! You look amazing!! Totally amazing. Wow, are you feeling good about everything? You should be, you look fab!

Yeah, internet dating has been a bit of a life blood sucker to be honest. Too many terrible tales to tell really. Honestly, dating as you near 40 is horrendous - you're just too old for anyone who wants kids so yeah, not so fun. I have another friend who's doing it up in Edinburgh and we are having pretty much identical experiences. Am genuinely considering lying about my age....although clearly, that's not a good way to kick off a potential relationship....

Sorry not to have better news, it's really quite depressing so I'm just trying not to think about it really. If anyone is feeling a bit match-makery then please, bring it on!

Jx

PS Saying that, I just arrived in Geneva and got chatted up on the bus (this never happens in London!) by a very cute guy who asked how old I was and then just shook his head for ages before asking if I wanted to go for a drink! Said he was 25. But no, my toy boy days are over, I want something more serious than that! Still, biggest confidence boost I've had in about 8 months, so not complaining.

PPS Honestly Sara, you look so good. I'm so very happy for you! Will catch up with you next - today is Sid day...or should I say Susan??? Who knew?

Just updated my stats. Argh. I'm 8lbs over goal. So annoying...and I already lost 4lbs before I came back here. I do annoy myself, I really do.

Joodlebob, you could so easy pass for a much younger woman, don't lie just avoid answering the question. Failing that fingers crossed behind your back cancels out a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONEST xxx

Ooh Chris, I'd love a northerner! I like some of those accents sooo much! And Sid, I'd happily not mention my age but on dating sites, it's the first thing you see - that and your profile picture. It's the main search criteria people use as well - most guys my age are putting in that they're looking for someone from 25 - 35 so I won't even come up. Most people who approach me online are much older (50s and 60s). I should probably make more effort to meet people on the bus!! (Although as part of my exercise routine, I walk an hour each way to work at the moment so that's out the window too! Argh!)

Hmmm... I would probably lie in my profile then. You could pass for 30, never mind 35, and yes, I think people can be stupid and prejudiced. You can always explain it later if you hit it off with someone.

But I'm sure between us we can organize a few bachelors for you, joodlebob :)

Last edited:
Haha, do your worst Caro!! (Just caught up with your diary btw, great going!)

Dunno, part of me would lie but then, how on earth do you break it to someone? Just feels like a bad way to start things off.

In other news I'm in Geneva for work most I this week and am not doing too well on the diet front. Find it really hard without scales, even though that makes no sense really. Am going to try an focus on just eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. My particular weakness is the hotel buffet breakfast. They have the most gorgeous mini pain au chocolat and croissants plus mini pots of Nutella. Why? Why would they do that??! My strategy has been to eat one them wrap a few more in my napkin to take into work. That way I feel I'm getting my money's worth but don't actually start the day in a carb riddled daze. Keep expecting them to stop me on the way out and search my bag. 'Excuse me madam, you appear to have 3 mini pain au chocolat, a mini croissant, 3 small pots of Nutella and one of blackberry jam in your bag. Would you care to explain yourself?' But it's ok, I have a story planned.

More exciting than that by far is that on Thursday I am finishing at midday and heading to Geneva airport where I will meet my sis, her boyfriend and most importantly, my gorgeous nephew Daniel, off a flight from Berlin! They moved there at the end of July and I honestly feel like I've had a limb removed. Not seeing Daniel several times a week has been physically painful and I am properly counting down the hours. Gawd, I'm getting teary just thinking about it. We're going to Chamonix for 3 nights as they've a friend's wedding and I'm the babysitter. Woohoo, I know who will be having the most fun!!!!

Still catching up on diaries, it's been very enjoyable! Jx

Right then, miss. 1 paragraph to describe your ideal type, please! Cxx

Even though I am 50, I would never look at a man of my age and think pwhhhhaaaaaa, well except George Clooney etc, I look at men of about late 30s early fortys, I think its because that haw old I feel. When you look at a bloke what age group do you find most attractive?????

As for your breakfast choices ...tut.....tut :rolleyes:

I want to be able to eat when I’m hungry, choose food that makes me feel good but that I also enjoy and then stop eating when I’m full. It sounds so simple and I’m astounded that after all these years, it’s still a problem for me. I mean, my 19 month old nephew can stop eating when he’s full and he can’t even talk yet! What on earth can be so hard??
Lovely to see you back Joodle, and the quote above is going to be in my head for a long time because it's so true. I am also very interested in your analysis re 5 : 2 and using it to lose weight and ultimately stabilise. I'm doing something similar at the moment - just a home made version - but many of the things you mention have already come up as issues for me too (hunger, timing, waiting until starving, stopping eating when full... etc etc).

:)

Keep expecting them to stop me on the way out and search my bag. 'Excuse me madam, you appear to have 3 mini pain au chocolat, a mini croissant, 3 small pots of Nutella and one of blackberry jam in your bag. Would you care to explain yourself?' But it's ok, I have a story planned.

Hahahahahahaha .... I want to hear the story!!! :D

P x

Pauline, they just fell into my bag as I reached for my coffee.

They'll never take me alive I tell you, never!!!

Right then, miss. 1 paragraph to describe your ideal type, please! Cxx

Right, you're on!

Something like...kind and fun and funny and thoughtful. Likes getting out and about and doing stuff. Gets excited about stuff. Looks wise I tend to go for dark, slightly scruffy and geeky guys! They don't need to be tall, anything over around 5ft 7 works!

Basically, think David Tennant

Even though I am 50, I would never look at a man of my age and think pwhhhhaaaaaa, well except George Clooney etc, I look at men of about late 30s early fortys, I think its because that haw old I feel. When you look at a bloke what age group do you find most attractive?????
:

I bet they're looking right back at you Sid!!!

Dunno about age. Probably just want to meet someone my age or thereabouts. Am totally over the toy boy thing. Finally finished with the on off nonsense with the 24 year old a few months back. They're pretty and that, but I want to be with someone who knows who they are.

Does this sound like I'm being picky?! Oh dear, beggars can't be choosers I guess!!

I'm doing something similar at the moment - just a home made version - but many of the things you mention have already come up as issues for me too (hunger, timing, waiting until starving, stopping eating when full... etc etc).

:)

Thanks for the welcome back Jo, just caught up with your diary and yes, we're thinking along similar lines for sure. Come on, let's crack this thing so we can be free to fill our heads with something else!

Been thinking about the muscle training thing and read somewhere that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. So I'm now officially starting a 21 day attempt at only eating when I'm hungry, eating food that makes me feel good and stopping just before I'm full.

That's it. No big food rules, although I know I feel best when I'm eating more protein and very little refined carbs. I'll also throw in some fasts for health and to remind myself what hungry feels like.

If I mess up and overeat at a meal, I have to start again at day one.

Meal one of day one is carby hotel buffet breakfast. Bring it.

Back