Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

My particular weakness is the hotel buffet breakfast. They have the most gorgeous mini pain au chocolat and croissants plus mini pots of Nutella. Why? Why would they do that??! My strategy has been to eat one them wrap a few more in my napkin to take into work. That way I feel I'm getting my money's worth but don't actually start the day in a carb riddled daze. Keep expecting them to stop me on the way out and search my bag. 'Excuse me madam, you appear to have 3 mini pain au chocolat, a mini croissant, 3 small pots of Nutella and one of blackberry jam in your bag. Would you care to explain yourself?' But it's ok, I have a story planned.

You really are my twin. My absolute DREAM would be to be locked into a hotel breakfast room, alone, with no one to count how many times I return to the buffet table. My OH loves to tell people of one instance when, too embarrassed to return a third time for yet more fodder, I got him to go for me (errr twice)! I always feel that breakfast is a meal we oughtn't cut back on ;)

aaah Chamonix... I'm sure you'll have the weather you want up there :) Enjoy the family!

Right, you're on!

Something like...kind and fun and funny and thoughtful. Likes getting out and about and doing stuff. Gets excited about stuff. Looks wise I tend to go for dark, slightly scruffy and geeky guys! They don't need to be tall, anything over around 5ft 7 works!

Basically, think David Tennant

off to work I go then! (And to google David Tennant :) )

Joodle - sooooo nice to have you back - but you have made me late for the school run - bad lady!!!!! LOL! x

I think you should lie, Joodle, but only because men live in a fantasy world. On the occasions I have glanced at classified ads it has struck me how every man says they wltm someone 10 - 15 years younger than them - who do they think they are!! If you knock 5 - 10 years off then the chances are you will match up with men your age! They're also incredibly ignorant about the age women can have babies till - I had my first at 38 and my 4th at 48, all without any fertility treatment. keep plugging away. Oh, I also heard on the radio this morning about mobile phone apps that will tell you about eligible men in the vicinity and link through to their facebook pages so you can see what they really look like, what their interests are, etc - worth a look?? xx

Guys, I've had the most shocking news.

My cousin, who I'm very close to - she's 7 years my senior - just (4 weeks ago) moved back to the UK after 20 years in Montreal. Her, her husband and two kids aged 9 and 11. They are renting a place near Brighton, the kids just started school and they've been super excited about their new life.

I was down there last weekend and they were in bliss.

Two weeks ago her hubby returned to Montreal to sort out the sale of their house which had been problematic. My cousin and the kids stayed I the UK as they were just about to start the new term in their new school.

He was doing some work in the house when he had some heart pain. Worrying it was angina he went to hospital where a cardiograph revealed a ruptured aorta. Emergency surgery followed, lasting 8 hours. They lost him for 20 mins but brought him back. He stabilised for a bit but got an infection and is in a very serous state.

I am on stand by to return early from Chamonix to help with the kids.

Not quite sure why I'm posting this but maybe cos am in shock.

Jx

Keeping everything crossed joodle xxxx

Oh joodle, that's awful. we're all thinking of you Cxxx

ooh Joodle...; I'm so sorry to hear the news. x

Morning J, hope there is good news this morning for you and your family xxxxxx

Thanks for all your messages guys.

Update is that he is still on a ventilator in intensive care but has been told he's not going to die. My cousin is en route to Montreal just now and I'll go down to help with the kids next week.

All touch and go last night but since we heard the news that he's going to pull through we've relaxed a bit and had a lovely day today.

More later but just wanted to pop in and let you know.

Jx

Phew. So glad to hear that, joodle. Hope things continue to improve this weekend Cxxx

Glad to hear that he is improving. What a shock for you & your family xxx

Thanks you guys. Not so great today as he may now need heart surgery but at least my cousin is with him now an they are still saying no risk of him dying. Kids won't be told be latest developments tho.

Meanwhile am still in Chamonix with my sis. They've now gone to the wedding and I'm waiting on little D waking up from his nap...in about 10 mins. Then we hang out for a bit, I get him ready for post ceremony celebration and we go join them for an hour or so. Then me and him get a taxi back and I make his dinner and get him ready for bed. Including changing his nappy - first nappy change I'll ever have done!

He's not a great one for going to bed so am terrified to be honest! Will probably be on here later asking for advice!! This'll be the first time someone who's not mummy or daddy puts him to bed so we'll see how it goes.

He is so cute though. Yesterday my sis and her boyf got a lie in while I got him up and breakfasted him. He doesn't really speak yet, just a handful of words but he understands most things. So I was saying 'Daniel, what do I need to do before you have breakfast?' And he was pointing out the high chair, so I sat him in that, then the bib to put round his neck and then the wipes to wash his hands. Hilarious as he hates getting his hands wiped, screams every time, but still told me that I had to do it!

Wish me luck!

(I know all you Mums will think this is mad but I've never done it before - you don't realise how amazing you all are!!)

HAHA sure you will do fine J, glad to hear that things have improved slightly.... Worrying times for you though...... Much love x

So far it's just been poo, thanks for water jet warning though P, should have bought goggles.

We're now back from the wedding and he seems ok, hasn't realised Mummy and Daddy aren't here. Dinner is currently in progress, so far, so good...can I post photos from iPhone?

Yes, just click the 'advanced' button and attach from camera. Good work, joodle!

Back