Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Come on Joodle lets see him xxx my bundle of joy is flat out after a stinky nappy poooooooooooooooooooooooo xxx

image.jpgOk, let's try this..... Dinner time!

What a blue eyed cute xxx and his dinner looks good too xxx

And so happy! You're going to be very much demand as a babysitter :)

What a blue eyed cute xxx and his dinner looks good too xxx

Sid, he's not on Dukan...you don't have to comment on his menus!!

But funnily enough, he had pasta and sauce with a bit of cheese and a side of scrambled egg (cos we leave tomorrow and they need using up. Bit of a weird combi, I know!). He ate most of the pasta but absolutely loved the egg, which he thought was cheese (aka chee). He finished the egg then went 'more chee, more chee' so I made him another one and he ate all that too. So maybe he is a Dukan baby! Explains why he's such a tiny thing for his age! Although you should have seen his tummy after dinner last night - like he's swallowed a balloon.

Gawd, wish I thought egg was cheese though - would certainly make Dukan much easier.

Oh and the second nappy change was a dream - think he tool pity on me and actually held his bum in the air and giggled the whole time. Unheard of. Maybe he'd been taking Sid's head down, bum up advice!

Happy Sunday all

lol Happy Sunday Joodle xxx

Well done Joodle, looks like your a natural...... Have a great Sunday x

Hi guys, got back from Chamonix yesterday and am missing little D like crazy already. It really hurts.

So what with all the nappy talk, I realise I've neglected to mention the other D word. Food wise, my plan while being away (in fact, for life) was to focus on waiting until I'm hungry to eat, trying to make wise food choices (i.e. Dukan-based but nothing being off limits if I fancy it) and then stopping when full. I won't say I completely succeeded but it wasn't an abject fail either. Basically, I did, for most meals, only eat when hungry and stop when full. But the food choices...well, let's just say I possibly consumed a year's worth of Dukan's conso cheese quantities. In 3 days. I'm always amazed by my capacity to eat cheese. I like to think of it as a life skill but.....

On the Friday, every meal was basically some variation of bread and cheese: baguette and melted cheese for breakfast, 4 cheese crepe for lunch, cheese fondu with bread chunks for dinner..... Plus one day I had a beautiful chocolate mousse patisserie thing with macaroons on top and also over the week ate a ton of chocolate and these crisps you get in France which I adore - a bit like crunchy cheetos but goat's cheese flavour. OMG, they're like the crack cocaine of the crisp world. Thank god you can't get them here, that's all I'm saying.

And there were a few times when I ate until I was too full, but better than usual I'd say. I ran 3 times which was something, although significantly less exercise than I usually get in a week in London when I'm walking 6 miles total, to and from work.

So weighed in this morning and had gained 0.8lb - am taking that as a bit of a result because I also just got my period and well, when I think what I was eating... Saying that, I'm not completely surprised as I really was making an effort to stop eating when full and to let myself get hungry. And we were eating early most nights because of D which I swear helps.

My big challenge is to choose healthy food. It's weird, because I totally see myself as a healthy person, and I love healthy food, but when left to my own devices I can happily eat crap for days and days. One problem is that now that I've realised how little I need to eat to feel pleasantly full, I sort of feel like I should choose fatty, sugary food to get maximum pleasure from it. So I need to tell myself that feeling full on veg and low fat protein is also a good idea. That's the plan for this week anyway! (Apart from breakfast today which was mostly chocolate-based. Oops.....)

Still catching up on old timers' diaries (Alotto, are you there? I'm reading you now...) and looking forward to getting to know those who joined since I went AWOL.

I've also realised how truly awful it is to just disappear. I absolutely swear that I won't do it again. If I decide to stop posting (no intention to, but then, I really didn't intend to the last time either...), I will check in to say goodbye/ see you later. Sorry again guys, I do realise it was actually very rude.

Joodle xxx

We missed you so much while you were away, but sometimes life just gets in the way xxx
Look at your slight gain, it will be off tomorrow...........result. Wish I had the full button but alas I was born without it. what ever your doing its working xxx

Oh I want your full button too!!! I was definitely a faulty model from the baby factory cos that button is nowhere to be found!!! Life gets in the way so often Joodle - we have all had AWOL times but we always come back - really honestly and truly do not know how I would have got through my Dukan journey without these guys on MM!!! xxx

Agreed Trudy and Sid, the support here is amazing. What I forgot was that it's unconditional support and also that it's about supporting others as well as receiving it.

Anyway, my full button disappeared tonight, argh! Think I was so cautious while away so I was being extra careful. Relaxed tonight and, well, have eaten way too much and not healthy stuff either. Feel way too full and like I'm back to square one with the habit forming. Grrr. Must remember that this vigilance is going to have to be constant while I form the habit. The one that is going to take 21 days to form, dammit.

So, I have eaten rubbish, feel way too full and am annoyed.

Tomorrow will be day 1 of the 21 one days of habit forming eating. Eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full and eat stuff that makes me feel good. I can do this, it can't be that hard. I have now spent 4 days watching my 19 month old nephew instinctively stop eating when he's full. And he hasn't read half the books I've read about dieting. Unless there are subliminal diet recipes disguised in The Gruffalo?

Wait, that's a thought. ***Races off to find copy of The Gruffalo, convinced that therein lies the secret to natural weight control***

Hehe - just reading your weekend post and counting how many times you wrote 'cheese'. But nary a cheese joke in sight!

Sounds like the weekend was a huge success, joodle. I also like the idea of the chocolate breakfast, though :)

Yep, Sara I think you've hit the nail on the head. I almost always lose weight when I'm away on holiday and I have suspected in the past that it's because I'm not stressed or anxious or whatever.

Sorry to let you down on the cheese jokes Caro! I honestly can't remember which ones I've already told. Will have a think and see about some new ones. But you know what, having gained THREE POUNDS overnight, I no longer see cheese as a joking matter. No sir.

Did a fast day today to get back on track, having disgraced myself last night. (Feel like Bridget Jones with the 3lb gain: How?? From where???) Was an easy fast - didn't eat anything until 8.15pm then had about 400 cals all told and Dukan friendly, every one.

Tomorrow I'm off to look after my cousin's kids for a couple of days (9 and 11 so no nappies involved). Will be busy so am hoping I'll manage the controlled eating.

Today was therefore day 1 of 21 (again...) Wish me luck!

Jx

Are you weighing daily, joodlebug? I think it's better to avoid the scales for a few days after you've had a food fest as it will all balance out with a bit of corrective action.

But I'll wish you luck anyway xx

PS You could tell us all the same cheese jokes again and we'd still laugh ;-)

lol love this site, recipes advice encouragement and cheesy jokes xxx

What P?? I don't think I could be friends with someone who didn't find the halloumi joke funny. It's kind of a deal breaker...

Back