Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Cheesy toes? Eeeuuww! ;-)

My toes are beautiful I'll have you know! And painted a very fetching shade of mint green. For the record.

Full button? (I kept reading full bottom actually!) I don't have the former but the latter is ever growing :)

BOB !!!!!!!!!!! How lovey to see you back :) I often wondered how you were & how the tinternet dating was going so I'm glad Sara asked that one & I don't have to wait for a reply. I sort of get what you mean about men & kids etc...... When I met TDM he told me quite early on he didn't want anymore children because his daughter was all grown up & he'd brought someone else's boys up so he wanted no more. I guess it was ok for me as I'd never wanted children of my own anyway (yes I know I'm weird blame my mother) but then when I was dating the men I met always had children. I know you will meet someone you are simply gawgus xxx

Great to read you again my lovely xx

Aww, thanks Jo. Have had a bit of a break from the internet thing but am going to get back on it this week. Urgh.

This last week has been mental! I was in Geneva for 2 days then my cousin had to extend her stay in Montreal as her husband got worse again so I went down south to pick up her two kids and bring them back with me to London. The reason for this was that my sis was back over from Berlin with little D and I couldn't bear the thought of them being here and me being away (had already missed 2 days with Geneva) so I suggested they come up here. They were really excited about it though and apparently it helped mitigate their disappointment of not seeing their Mum for a few more days.

So it has been a whirl of a 20 month old, a 9 year old and an 11 year old, plus my Mum and Dad were down and it was my Mum's birthday so I cooked a fancy meal (and different meals for D and the 9 and 11 year olds who are the fussiest eaters I ever did meet). Plus trying to fit in work and keeping the flat vaguely tidy when occupied by 7 people instead of the normal one.....yep, a bit hectic.

Diet has not been great - there's just been so much food in the house it's unreal, and I made a birthday cake for Mum plus fancy dinner plus nice cheeses etc...and booze.... But I didn't actually gain too much - a pound - so not too bad although I'm still kind of annoyed that I find it so easy to give in and not exercise any restraint, when I know it makes me feel so horrible.

Trying again this week - not strict Dukan but eating along those lines with fruit and little treats if I fancy it, but mostly focussing on only eating while hungry and stopping when full and throwing in the odd fast period. So far so good - today I didn't eat until lunch then had cabbage salad, cabbage soup (erm, two cabbages for a pound at the farmers' market) plus a bit of bread and marmite and a sliver of left over cake. But didn't get too full. Will try to do the same for dinner. This is how I realistically want to be able to eat for the rest of my life, so I am going to put the effort in. No idea where my amazing will power from last summer has gone however. Anyone seen it?!?

Jx

Yes Joodle I have it hear xxx Ive kept it safe.............so hear me handing it back xxx after the whirlwind you call life atm you'll be fine, and choosing to eat your way sounds good Windy cabbage could be a problem though xxx All you can do is give it a try,

Haha, I've never got why people go on about cabbage making you parp Sugar free sweets, for sure! (Learnt that lesson the first time I experimented with them....) But cabbage etc just doesn't do it for me. Have long suspected it's down to being veggie all these years and my poor tum just realising it should get used to it without complaining.

First night in flat by myself in ages. Have tidied all, changed sheets, made beds, put and hung out washing, hoovered and am now slumped on sofa trying to force myself to go to bed.

Thanks for the forgiveness guys, but I need a kick up the Dukan bum. Thanks for handing my willpower back Sid, am on the case!

Crikey Joodle I'm sitting in my small flat wondering how I'd fit 7 people in it let alone sleep them all!! Here's hoping yours is larger than mine!
I'd consider 1lb only on a result with the inevitable excesses consumed being out of routine and "in company". Cooking different meals for fussy kids AND fussy dieters(!) would just be too much!
x

Oh Pauline, you just need to train your bum!!

And yes Jo, it was a bit of a squeeze... I was sleeping on cushions under the table! The kids thought it hilarious. Me, less so...

I totally found myself picking at leftovers from the kids' meals so have a new respect for parents who have to deal with that on a daily basis. Tricky to keep focused when there's food like that around.

Been boozing tonight - needed a fun night out but waaaay too many sugary cocktails and carbs needed on return. Tomorrow I will be a Duke saint, I will. Xx

You can get back into if!! If I can after THAT week, anyone can lol!!

Maybe we should all set a Christmas target ..... ;) xx

Jules, sugary cocktails.....................and carbs????????????????? slapped hand, kick up your bum......today is the start of the xmas count down. LBD hear we come xxx

***shuffles in sheepishly***

Julie, I'm following in your footsteps, back to work!

Yep, like the idea of a Christmas challenge. I need to get a grip and focus. I am also running a work event in 3rd week of Nov and last time most people saw me I was super Dukan slim so want to be back like that so I don't raise eyebrows. Loads of them commented on how great I looked and I can't bear the thought of them seeing that I've put on. So yes, let's have a new challenge!

Last night I managed to lose my ring, the only one I wear, given to me by my Mum and Dad when I was 16 as a good luck present for my GCSEs. Have worn it every single day since (23 years, yikes) and can't understand how I could have lost it. Hoping I just put it down somewhere odd in the flat but had a real search this morning and couldn't find it. Don't imagine I would have taken it off in the bar but who knows? Am convinced I'm going to fall under a bus today as a result. Oh dear.

Oh no...............same happened to me about same age as you my ring given to me by my parents when I was sixteen, a buckle ring in silver, not that expensive but I love it and never took it off, when I lost it I even went to a spiritualist to see if my mam would 'come' and give me a message where it was.....obviously no message come, I though it was going to be like BT, a two way hot line lol, hopefully yours will turn up, mine never did. But remember its a ring and its the memory of the gift not the possession that matters mwhaaa xxx and hey youll look beautiful for your event......how could you not!!!!!!

Oh darling, I do hope you find your ring. I think option A is right, you will have absentmindedly put it somewhere in your flat .... I'm sure it will turn up when you least expect it :D

Speaking of falling under a bus (please don't!), but how did your falling down a manhole saga end? Did you ever get a proper apology and/or get properly convinced that they would change their procedures to stop it happening again? Crikey, must be nearly a year ago now ....

Much love
Parpy P x ;)

Guys I found the ring!!!!

Was feeling antsy all day so raced home a bit early from work and turned the flat upside down. Literally went room to room, starting with the places I knew I'd been the night before (e.g. kitchen, fridge..ahem...bathroom, bedroom) hunting everywhere - even feeling around in tissue boxes in case I'd blown my nose and it had come off. Went through the (luckily just emptied) bin, felt down the back of sofas, moved furniture, everything. I was feeling really down, but just reminding myself what Sid said and telling myself it would mark a new era and that it was fine. Then I went round the far side of my bed (I never go there, it's just dead space) and there was a pile of ironing and a pillow on the floor. Was thinking 'what's the point of even looking there, you never come this side of the bed', but when I whipped up the pillow, there was my ring!! I honestly have NO IDEA how it got there. I mean, the pillow was already on the floor, I never go round that side....so how...??? Anyway, I have now kissed the ring and put it safely back on my finger, phew.

But now I think it was a sign - because during the search process I unearthed a copy of Paul McKenna's 'I can make you thin' book which I'm now going to re-read and it's going to help me, oh yes, it is!

So thanks for all your concern and Sid, I'm sorry about your lost ring but you're right, it's only a 'thing'. The reason I was so concerned this time was that the only other ring I've worn on a daily basis was a tiny little silver band that my Dad had bought my Mum on their honeymoon. Mum gave it to me as it was too small for her and I wore it for years and years before a drunken night out in Edinburgh when me and a friend were trying to blag our way into the MTV awards which were being held in Leith. When the blagging didn't work we decided to try and break in. Ahem. A very failed attempt as neither of us are actually law breakers deep down! BUt the next day my ring had gone and although we went back to crawl around in the bushes and try to find it, it was gone for good. And although I was upset at the time, I was also philosophical. But that's why I thought it was a curse - if I get drunk, I have a ring taken away from me!

Anyway, that's enough of a saga for today I think!

Thanks again you guys, love your support, even when it's not diet related!

Jx

Oh and yes, P, the hatch thing is still ongoing. I've seen dentists about the chipped tooth and a doctor about the scars and now the law firm just has to do their thing. But weirdly, I went past the pub while walking back with my cousin's kids and the hatch was up but they'd taped the whole thing off, put signs and bollards up and basically, there's no way anyone could fall down it now. So that's the main thing I guess.

And yes, it was July last year - you do have some memory Lady P!

Back